how heavy are you ??

I checked out for fun, a Lyrik....

And I was amazed at the travel, burliness, and 2 step air!! OMG is this fork way too much for my 5 Spot? I live and ride on the FR. Would it be overload to slog up the mountain?

Scott

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottay5150
    And I was amazed at the travel, burliness, and 2 step air!! OMG is this fork way too much for my 5 Spot? I live and ride on the FR. Would it be overload to slog up the mountain?

Scott
    I've been looking at getting one of those myself, how did the 2 step behave?

how heavy are you ??

real simple

one quarter turn and the shock dropped 160 to 115... no winding down like with the u turn
    Scott

ಠ_ಠ
    I have the SoloAir set at 140mm. It's quite a bit lighter than the 2-step; only 100g heavier than the Pike Air U-turn it replaced.

Love mine.

Stand back
    I have a Lyrik 2 step on my gemini. So far I've ridden it a day at Keystone and a few days of trail riding. It's a great fork, and I think weighs a hair less than my coil Pike. On the descents, it feels more like a shorter travel dh fork than a big Pike, tho. Now just to get the rear suspension to feel as good...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

how heavy are you ??

so it l acts less stout than a

Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    I have a Lyrik 2 step on my gemini. So far I've ridden it a day at Keystone and a few days of trail riding. It's a great fork, and I think weighs a hair less than my coil Pike. On the descents, it feels more like a shorter travel dh fork than a big Pike, tho. Now just to get the rear suspension to feel as good...
    Pike? Or tougher than a pike... And More travel to boot!

mtbr member
    Love the adjustable heigth air forks all moutain but have blowen up a few of them to say the least. So I had recently obtained a Lyric u-turn coil for it's "burlyness" best fork I had ever riden on for 30 miles then blew the fU#$ing gate valve out!!!!! Now I'm trying a new Marcrappy 55 RC2 bla bla bla. It's allready puking on me to but not bad will see how much longer it last.

banned
    huh?

mtbr member
    Scott- I'm quite happy with the Pike around here but I have a light Air U Turn, which is a lot stiffer that a QR fork. With that bike, you will want an adjustable long-travel fork (if you want more than 140mm) but I don't particularly want to lug around a heavy fork at Kenosha-Georgia or some of these long rides.

Regarding the Two Step- 115 is too low for me and the Spot (or any bike calling for a 140). If they did a 130-160 or 140-160, I'd be all over it. Running it at 115 or 160 is not ideal for a 140mm bike with a 69 degree HA and 13.5 BB height. The 160 is great but I need a 130 or 140 setting as well.