Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. #1
    Living the High Life
    Reputation: Ithnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,387

    I can't believe people lie on the internet!

    So I posted a bike on craig's list and here on mtbr.

    Here's the 3 responses I got back in 1 hour from craig's list

    #1
    Is there any way you would possibly consider a trade? I have….

    17" LCD monitor
    Three hand made African hand drums
    An Asics backpack
    A Mountainsmith Aurora II S camera case
    One Mountainsmith snowboarding/snow sports pack
    Men’s size 13 rollerblades
    A set of Fox Launch knee/shin pads (small/medium) *barely used*
    Shimano PMS-66MC 6'6" one piece rod with a Sidestab 2000RD reel
    Sigma 70-300 f/4 Nikon mount lens w/ UV filter, circular polarizer, and 4ND filter
    I look forward to finding out if you’re interested in trading for any of these, and understand completely if you're not interested.

    Sincerely,

    Alex.

    303/725-0822

    #2
    i'd definitly be interested in that if i had more money for another bike, do you know any other good all around bikes like the enduro, that can climb hills well?

    #3
    cool ; I;m 190lbs 5 11 you think frame big enough for me ;I have a great Gary fisher but want more?

    arghhh.... three hand made African drums?

    I guess I'll cough up the $2 and post it on mtbr
    Last edited by Ithnu; 01-30-2008 at 06:17 AM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: YETI_Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    987
    People LIE? WOW i never knew this.I wish some one told me that 11 years ago when i got on the NET. I got a 80's ZR1 for trade if your up for it


    I put a sony PSX2 up on there and man you had to see what i got for email's and replays. man can people be that dumb?YES

  3. #3
    Your retarded
    Reputation: Nickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,085
    Could have been worse. The list could have been...

    An LSD monitor (like a CO detector... but different)
    Three hand made Africans
    An Basics backpack *Asics knockoff*
    A Mountainsmith Aurora II S camera case zipper. Will work with any Mountainsmith Aurora II S camera case.
    One Mountainsmith snowboarding/snow sports pack *stolen from REI yesterday*
    Men’s size 13 rollerblades *wheels extra*
    A set of Fox Launch knee pads (small/medium) *bedroom use only*
    Shimano PMS-66MC 6'6" 2-piece rod *was 1-piece until my wife found out why I bought her knee pads*
    Sigma 70-300 f/4 Nikon mount lens w/ UV filter, circular polarizer, and 4ND filter *Thrown across the room only once* *bedroom use only*
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

  4. #4
    Your retarded
    Reputation: Nickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Klein_Christopher
    man can people be that dumb?YES
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but "m" supposed to be capitalized, a comma should be after "man", there should be a space between "?" and "YES", and "YES" needs some form of sentence ending character.


    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

  5. #5
    skillz to pay billz
    Reputation: nOOby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,556
    what part was a lie? The guys weight in #3?

  6. #6
    Your retarded
    Reputation: Nickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,085
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    what part was a lie? The guys weight in #3?
    If person #3 was lying about their weight, there's a good chance it wasn't a guy.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

  7. #7
    skillz to pay billz
    Reputation: nOOby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,556
    sorry, I forgot the apostrophe in guy's

    dang, that's semicolon abuse

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    432
    Too funny!

    I think Dan got the same response as your #1 for his Salsa up on Craigslist.

  9. #9
    Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Reputation: Godzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    So I posted a bike on craig's list and here on mtbr.

    Here's the 3 responses I got back in 1 hour from craig's list

    #1
    Is there any way you would possibly consider a trade? I have….

    17" LCD monitor
    Three hand made African hand drums
    An Asics backpack
    A Mountainsmith Aurora II S camera case
    One Mountainsmith snowboarding/snow sports pack
    Men’s size 13 rollerblades
    A set of Fox Launch knee/shin pads (small/medium) *barely used*
    Shimano PMS-66MC 6'6" one piece rod with a Sidestab 2000RD reel
    Sigma 70-300 f/4 Nikon mount lens w/ UV filter, circular polarizer, and 4ND filter
    I look forward to finding out if you’re interested in trading for any of these, and understand completely if you're not interested.

    Sincerely,

    Alex.

    303/725-0822

    #2
    i'd definitly be interested in that if i had more money for another bike, do you know any other good all around bikes like the enduro, that can climb hills well?

    #3
    cool ; I;m 190lbs 5 11 you think frame big enough for me ;I have a great Gary fisher but want more?

    arghhh.... three hand made African drums?

    I guess I'll cough up the $2 and post it on mtbr
    That is pretty weak, I can do way better than any of these clowns - I have:

    1 Cisco 1720 w/ T1 WIC
    1 Copy of Symantec Corp Ed. AV (8.0)
    1 "Cyber Power" UPS - just needs a battery
    About 5 Minion DHFs - slightly used.
    1 Pyramid 150mm 5degree stem - for 1" steerer
    Half bottle of that Cinnamon KY, which works great on cables and other stuff.
    1 Pair of Expedition weight Smartwools - recently refurbished.
    Cat 5 cabling - any length you want - ends included.

    Please let me know.

    Oh yeah, what am I trading for?
    Now with more vitriol!

  10. #10
    Living the High Life
    Reputation: Ithnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    what part was a lie? The guys weight in #3?
    "you think frame big enough for me ;I have a great Gary fisher but want more?"

    Read that out loud once, and make sure it sounds like a question.

  11. #11
    Living the High Life
    Reputation: Ithnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    That is pretty weak, I can do way better than any of these clowns - I have:

    About 5 Minion DHFs - slightly used.
    Half bottle of that Cinnamon KY, which works great on cables and other stuff.
    1 Pair of Expedition weight Smartwools - recently refurbished.

    Please let me know.

    Oh yeah, what am I trading for?
    I'll take those, you figure out what I'm going to do with them!

  12. #12
    Motion activated
    Reputation: Steve71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,939
    Alex just can't seem to unload those drums or roller blades. He wanted to trade for my Pike back in May of 07.

    I have a Sony surround sound stereo and a Nintendo Gamecube Silver Edition with MarioKart Double Dash, Pikmin, Tony Hawk's Underground (1 and 2), Spider-man 2, Pacman vs and Pacman World 2, Need for Speed Underground, and SSX 3; two controllers, one wireless, and one corded; and two memory cards; I also have two hand made African hand drums, they don't have the greatest sound, but the craftsmanship is incredible, along with an Asics backpack, a Mosh BMX bike, and some men's size 13 rollerblades. Let me know if you're interested in any or all of them.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

  13. #13
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,116
    Ithnu, I have a bag of carrots to trade. But hurry, it's almost lunch time.

  14. #14
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,379
    Ithnu, I still have this great refridgerator in excellent condition that I'd be willing to part with, if you threw in some cash on your end of the trade.
    ****

  15. #15
    Living the High Life
    Reputation: Ithnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,387
    Nice, funny how that guys crap changed over the months. Renny, is it a nice fridge? I only like nice things.

  16. #16
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,379
    It's a totally sweet fridge! Bored as I am, due to too much snow and no riding, I stripped the paint off the fridge, and polished it to a mirror finish. It's farking gorgeous!
    ****

  17. #17
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    It's a totally sweet fridge! Bored as I am, due to too much snow and no riding, I stripped the paint off the fridge, and polished it to a mirror finish. It's farking gorgeous!
    Just don't post pix of it on ebay like you did with that shiny teapot.

  18. #18
    crashes in parkinglot
    Reputation: EricTheRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    lol

  19. #19
    Motion activated
    Reputation: Steve71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    Nice, funny how that guys crap changed over the months. Renny, is it a nice fridge? I only like nice things.
    What's the most funniest is that he's trying to unload the drums, but somehow managed to acquire one (he now has 3) since May.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

  20. #20
    Living the High Life
    Reputation: Ithnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    What's the most funniest is that he's trying to unload the drums, but somehow managed to acquire one (he now has 3) since May.
    Ha! Good point.

  21. #21
    i can't type the letter s
    Reputation: mouse jockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,094
    BWAAHAHA!!

    I'll gladly pay you for three hamburgers Tuesday if you give me two today.

  22. #22
    Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Reputation: jasonvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    971
    Did he hand make the African drums? If so, can we still consider them African? I'm going to need details before negotiations can start.
    Proud to race for Mojo Wheels

  23. #23
    I heart the drops
    Reputation: giantsaam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,076
    I got offered the african drums for my reign and then he said he offered a giant 1999 dh bike for a trade
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

  24. #24
    Yappy little dog!
    Reputation: schnauzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    That is pretty weak, I can do way better than any of these clowns - I have:

    1 Cisco 1720 w/ T1 WIC
    1 Copy of Symantec Corp Ed. AV (8.0)
    1 "Cyber Power" UPS - just needs a battery
    About 5 Minion DHFs - slightly used.
    1 Pyramid 150mm 5degree stem - for 1" steerer
    Half bottle of that Cinnamon KY, which works great on cables and other stuff.
    1 Pair of Expedition weight Smartwools - recently refurbished.
    Cat 5 cabling - any length you want - ends included.

    Please let me know.

    Oh yeah, what am I trading for?
    Hey I'll trade ya.

    I've got a cisco catalyst 3550 or a pix 501 if you cable my basement.

  25. #25
    Yappy little dog!
    Reputation: schnauzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Ithnu, I still have this great refridgerator in excellent condition that I'd be willing to part with, if you threw in some cash on your end of the trade.
    You have a gold mine there. Turn it into a kegarator.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •