I think I can.

I am shocked

http://www.gazette.com/news/vogrin-1...e-streets.html

I can't believe they actually gave the guy a ticket

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Well how else are they going to enforce a closed area? If there's no penalty what's to keep people from ignoring signs? I'm sure they are also looking for any way to bring in money. I've heard about tickets being handed out for little things all over the country because every state is broke.

Ka-coo-ka-cha!
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO
    http://www.gazette.com/news/vogrin-1...e-streets.html

I can't believe they actually gave the guy a ticket
    The guy sounds like a bit of an anarchist.

"He calls them tree “mutilators, murderers and executioners” and describes the trail work as negligent and reckless, a “desecration” and even “arboreal infanticide” for cutting down trees and using them to block trails."

Instead of working with the land managers, he is openly defying their plans. And it is hard to believe that green, healthy trees are being used for this purpose. For my 2 cents one has to change things cooperatively, get your voice heard and not crushed by the law...

...ok bring on the radicals.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

www.yeticycles.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    It's only fair in multi use areas that hikers and bikers both be fined for poaching trails.

This kind of story (following the boulder incident) is where we'll probabaly see the hypocrits come out and play.

mtbr member
    What ever the problem someone can always escalate it. Many years ago a man was shot and killed by police because he wanted to ride his bike through the drive through at McDonald's in Silverthorne. The argument was escalated police were called and the man ended up trying to get the cops gun. The hiker probably had numerous warnings and chose to ignore it until this is where he is.

mtbr member
    I'm just glad it wasn't another story about evil bikers. This guy seems like an entitled old fogey.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    "Bit of an anarchist"? That guy's a full on fvckin' looney.

FKA Malibu412
    "Kent Obee, chairman of the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board, toured Stratton with Bergles. Until Bergles got angry and ran off, Obee said."

Funny stuff.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

Ka-coo-ka-cha!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    "Bit of an anarchist"? That guy's a full on fvckin' looney.

OK, so I was trying to be nice. Full on effing looney it is.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

www.yeticycles.com

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainChain
    Many years ago a man was shot and killed by police because he wanted to ride his bike through the drive through at McDonald's in Silverthorne.
    Whoa, I don't remember that. Also, I just rode my bike through the McDonald's drive thru in Lahaina
    Keep the Country country.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    He's also the same guy who likes to stand up at public meetings and accuse MTB'rs of things like starting fires on the sides of the trail to keep warm.

I'm with stupid
    Is this the same saw using guy in section 16 that was cutting roots so he would not trip?

mtbr member
    I think instead of ticketing him, they should've thrown him in the looney bin. Sounds like a world-class a-hole.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Vandemann hangs out at Stratmoor when he's in CS. He might be a relative. I wouldn't want to start any rumors though....

hehe ...you said "member"
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412
    "Kent Obee, chairman of the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board, toured Stratton with Bergles. Until Bergles got angry and ran off, Obee said."

Funny stuff.
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    I have a mental immage of him disappearing into the bushes yelling "don't taze me, bro!"
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening