Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Hunters In Buffalo Creek

6K views 66 replies 34 participants last post by  Ithnu 
#1 ·
So anyone who rides at bc knows there are tons of stupid ******** that pull off at the side of the road and shoot up trash, trees and or even across shinglemill (another long story)

Why in the world do they shoot where ever they want?

I know it takes time to instill a game plan but i would love to see them enforce it too.

Saturday I witnessed ignorance and stupidity like i have never seen before.
There was a group of about 50 people sitting in the little scraggy trailhead at buffalo creek and we hear gun shots (super close) and i look over and i see a few deer running towards 126.

I look over to the dirt road right by the giant sign that says no shooting and Cletus and his deliverance buddies have pulled off the side of the road and are shooting from their truck!!!

My buddy starts screaming at them and using some choice words and they responded, "We ain't even shooting towards you"
Those A$$ clowns were too stupid to realize that their stray bullets whizzed across a busy two lane paved road.

I ran over on with my phone in my hand and he starts yelling at me, I smile and start reading his license plate number out loud to the 911 operator. I said i wanted to press charges and would love to testify and was hoping they would call me back when they catch them.

I know there are tons of smart hunters out there but when you have idiots shooting at stuff right at the little scraggy traihead with tons of people biking and standing around it's time for some drastic measures.

If anyone is out at bc and there are hunters or shooters being stupid please call 911 and report them. Every single call is documented and if we can get enough complaints the forest service might finally enforce the no shooting except at the gun ranges that they already have out there.

It's great there is a sign out there at says "No shooting" but it needs to be enforced too.

I sure hope it does not take a cyclist/hiker/equestrian getting shot to get this shooting to end.

See less See more
#43 ·
the best way to get an investigation and follow ups is to call the DOW game warden. they will do far more than the local authorities can or will.

much appreciated that you made a stand. be careful though, guns make people more stupid than they already are!

#44 ·
be careful though, guns make people more stupid than they already are!
this. be careful out there. most shooters that I see tend to feel more gutsy when they have steel in their hands... where as most of the people who carry concealed try to avoid those conflicts because they don't want to draw, cause they understand the potential repercussions.

Your best bet when interacting with someone who's illegally wielding steel is to just get their plate # and call it in.. don't risk confronting them.

#51 ·
All cops care about is their pensions.

Other than that, getting one to do their job is a joke. I deal with morons every day of my life and none of them are worse than a lazy cop. the last cop I delt with a couple weeks ago was so inbred and stupid it was like dealing with a moron, I asked the cop to justify themselves and they couldn't.

I think it's kinda funny, the thought that you can't handle a couple guns going off in the woods.

#52 ·
I think it's kinda funny, the thought that you can't handle a couple guns going off in the woods.
I think it's funny that you can't see the distinction between hearing gunshots in the woods and having bullets fly across the trail or dipsh*ts firing guns from their vehicles. Instead you highlight your personal interaction with an officer and then make blanket statements about all police officers being lazy and only caring about their pensions. My grandfather was a Marine and then LAPD for 22 years and he was a good man - he donated his pension and time to the widows of fellow officers - he's credited with actually coming up with the slogan "To Protect and To Serve", though it was really his daughter (my aunt) who came up with it - they required an officer to turn in the responses for the contest. My point is, you can't make blanket statements about groups of people with terms like ALL etc... there are tons of police officers that are good people trying to make a difference - I know several of them. I'm sure there are lazy bad cops, too. Just like in all walks of life, there are good people and morons - good cops and bad - good gun owners and bad. Can't we agree on that? lol

#65 ·
Hey Chad (OP), if you ever have a problem with shooters/hunters down here, you get cell service along the CT, SM, at the CT trail head, etc (quite a few spots) PM me for my number and if you ever have problems, please call me. I will relay it on to Sheriff Ronnie and we will go up there and have a talk to them shooters. Unfortunately (in some ways) Bailey, BC, Deckers, Woodland, and Conifer area is mainly "********" and unfortunately most of our ranges have been shut down up here because of the city folks who come up to our land for "peace and quiet". They should know that most of the people up here have been born and raised up here. It's sad to see the stuff like that get taken away from us "natives". So the buddies come down to BC to shoot, where it is still "semi-legal" and most of them don't know the MTB setting down here. Like I said though, please PM me for my number and if/when you get that again, call me and I will talk to Ronnie and we will head up the hill to 550.
-Capt A

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.