Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    All cops care about is their pensions.

Other than that, getting one to do their job is a joke. I deal with morons every day of my life and none of them are worse than a lazy cop. the last cop I delt with a couple weeks ago was so inbred and stupid it was like dealing with a moron, I asked the cop to justify themselves and they couldn't.

I think it's kinda funny, the thought that you can't handle a couple guns going off in the woods.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper roo View Post
    I think it's kinda funny, the thought that you can't handle a couple guns going off in the woods.

I think it's funny that you can't see the distinction between hearing gunshots in the woods and having bullets fly across the trail or dipsh*ts firing guns from their vehicles. Instead you highlight your personal interaction with an officer and then make blanket statements about all police officers being lazy and only caring about their pensions. My grandfather was a Marine and then LAPD for 22 years and he was a good man - he donated his pension and time to the widows of fellow officers - he's credited with actually coming up with the slogan "To Protect and To Serve", though it was really his daughter (my aunt) who came up with it - they required an officer to turn in the responses for the contest. My point is, you can't make blanket statements about groups of people with terms like ALL etc... there are tons of police officers that are good people trying to make a difference - I know several of them. I'm sure there are lazy bad cops, too. Just like in all walks of life, there are good people and morons - good cops and bad - good gun owners and bad. Can't we agree on that? lol

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Other than that, getting one to do their job is a joke. I deal with morons every day of my life and none of them are worse than a lazy cop. the last cop I delt with a couple weeks ago was so inbred and stupid it was like dealing with a moron, I asked the cop to justify themselves and they couldn't.

Do you use a treble hook when you troll, d'bag?

somehow still alive

Quote Originally Posted by JSD303 View Post
    I think it's funny that you can't see the distinction between hearing gunshots in the woods and having bullets fly across the trail or dipsh*ts firing guns from their vehicles. Instead you highlight your personal interaction with an officer and then make blanket statements about all police officers being lazy and only caring about their pensions. My grandfather was a Marine and then LAPD for 22 years and he was a good man - he donated his pension and time to the widows of fellow officers - he's credited with actually coming up with the slogan "To Protect and To Serve", though it was really his daughter (my aunt) who came up with it - they required an officer to turn in the responses for the contest. My point is, you can't make blanket statements about groups of people with terms like ALL etc... there are tons of police officers that are good people trying to make a difference - I know several of them. I'm sure there are lazy bad cops, too. Just like in all walks of life, there are good people and morons - good cops and bad - good gun owners and bad. Can't we agree on that? lol
    Not what you think.

My videos

Team Velveeta™

when you absolutely positively have to...

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyw00d View Post
    I don't mind a few extra lbs.... I carry a full size .45
    Now you know, the .45 has a serious jamming problem:

Ripper, throwing all that hate talk out about cops is clear proof about who the real moron is.

There are people in all jobs who are lazy, careless, whatever. But being a cop is a tough job. Lots of opportunities to get slagged on. Or lied to. Or assaulted. Every nasty PITA social situation, once it gets really bad a cop has to get in the middle of it. Between the nasty situations there's lots of boredom and paperwork. And they aren't paid like bankers or code monkeys like me. My professional life has its difficulties, but it's safe and consistent, and I don't ever have random strangers yelling insults in my face.
    Last edited by TomP; 11-07-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollyw00d View Post
    LOL... I'm such an easy target for trolls. Sorry for getting sucked into another interwebz argument! Will I ever learn?!?

somehow still alive
    Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    Now you know, the .45 has a serious jamming problem:

I think you mean a serious fvckin jamming problem!

I been shooting it for years, only had a problem once, and it's when I was shooting some cheap target rounds.
    Not what you think.

My videos

Chronic 1st-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu View Post
    Ah crap...

Gun control means tight grouping.
    22 Going on 23

BLKSS29RGD
    you can shoot a gun anywhere you want on forest service land, no limitations what so ever, most counties, ie summit where I live it is legal to discharge a firearm anywhere you want in the county. towns are different

On the other hand you cannot shoot from a car or across a road

the police are not really go do anything about your call, I'll bet money on it.

remember son your not in Jefferson county anymore, park county is alittle different kinda place, everytime I'm in park county I expect to see and hear guns
    You are absolutely WRONG about this - the FS has no shooting zones all over the front range, including in parts of the BC area. Rampart Range Road area from GoG up to Sedaila is a good example.

Also, in areas where the USFS does allow "recreational shooting", there are many restrictions on where and how they can shoot.

To the OP, you need to make a distinction between "hunters" and "bubbas". They are not the same thing, and the activity you described is not HUNTING.

The USFS has been making steady moves towards outlawing recreational shooting in the national forest. They are not there yet.

All that said, the activity described above IS illegal, and I would like to see the perps punished as much as the rest of you. Irresponsible people need to be held accountable for their actions.
    Last edited by trialsguy315; 11-15-2012 at 01:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Camleback Holster?

Does any company make a holster compatible with a camleback? I would occasionally like to ride with my LCR on the front. There are wild things out there.

Motion activated
    Quote Originally Posted by socallush View Post
    Does any company make a holster compatible with a camleback? I would occasionally like to ride with my LCR on the front. There are wild things out there.
    Ya'll know dem laws don't say sh1t bout shootn' from no push cycle. Push cycle aint' no auto-mobile.

Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

The 5th knuckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303 View Post
    I support a well regulated militia. Does that make me a fan of the second amendment?

Personally I'd love to see areas with heavy, concentrated use like BC be no shooting zones - including the western TH areas like Buck Gulch. There are way too many people in the area for stray bullets to be flying around.

somehow still alive
    I carry, and I love to shoot, but I hate hate hate seeing places where shooters shoot with blatant disregard for others safety and leave trash and beer cans and shells and blown up TV's and stuff.. then people tend to think that everyone who uses the forest does... Not cool
    Not what you think.

My videos

I hate bikes.
    Hey Chad (OP), if you ever have a problem with shooters/hunters down here, you get cell service along the CT, SM, at the CT trail head, etc (quite a few spots) PM me for my number and if you ever have problems, please call me. I will relay it on to Sheriff Ronnie and we will go up there and have a talk to them shooters. Unfortunately (in some ways) Bailey, BC, Deckers, Woodland, and Conifer area is mainly "rednecks" and unfortunately most of our ranges have been shut down up here because of the city folks who come up to our land for "peace and quiet". They should know that most of the people up here have been born and raised up here. It's sad to see the stuff like that get taken away from us "natives". So the buddies come down to BC to shoot, where it is still "semi-legal" and most of them don't know the MTB setting down here. Like I said though, please PM me for my number and if/when you get that again, call me and I will talk to Ronnie and we will head up the hill to 550.
    -Capt A
    Buffalo Creek sucks, stay in Denver next week.

somehow still alive
    I may go ride BC tomorrow.... prolly gonna fire off a couple rounds randomly into the air while I'm there.. just seems like a safe place to do so.

Keep an eye out for me on the trails..

Not what you think.

My videos

Living the High Life
    All this makes me glad my work has its own shooting range.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3