Perpetually single track

Huh, isn't it winter?

Forcasted high of 72 today...wow.
    http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecasts/CO...31&city=Denver

Plan is to sneak a lunch ride in...may have to be skinnies, but it'll be riding.
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII

Plan is to sneak a lunch ride in...may have to be skinnies, but it'll be riding.
    Yeah - I'm p1ssed that I failed to bring my bike into work.

contains quinine
    Rode the road bike to work this morning. 6:45 is damned early in january. Needless to say, I was WAY overdressed. Can't wait for the ride home in short pants. And hopefully a tailwind.
    Last edited by Debaser; 01-20-2005 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Unfortuneate misspelling
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Bad Case of the Mondays

Hell yeah.....Brought the bike and going to head up Boulder Canyone again to the Betasso Link and see what condition it is in.

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    Rode the road bike to work this morning. 6:45 is damned early in january. Needless to say, I was WAY overdressed. Can't wait for the ride him in short pants. And hopefully a tailwind.
    If you're riding the right way there is NEVER a tailwind. Definitely a shorts day! Wish I didn't have lunch date, so I could get in a mile or two.

Now Uploading
    Deffinately have to jump on a bike again today, probably do a lunch road ride or late afternoon ride again. Got 30 skinny tire miles in on the Clear Creek paths in the last two hours of sunlight yesterday. Too nice out.

Cheers,

Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

Bite Me.

Dakota Ridge, Apex, etc.

Anybody know how the conditions are at Dakota Ridge, Apex, Mathew Winters? I live in Summit County and would love to score a little January dirt riding. With the warm weather are these trails dry and ridable or too muddy? Thanks
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Perpetually single track
    Don't know for sure, but I'm thinking Dakota/MW will be good by the weekend for sure...maybe a little mucky right now still. I bet APEX is quite a bit wetter, at least the part that's in the gully. I may try and ride up there today, depending on how work looks.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    Anybody know how the conditions are at Dakota Ridge, Apex, Mathew Winters? I live in Summit County and would love to score a little January dirt riding. With the warm weather are these trails dry and ridable or too muddy? Thanks
    I heard yesterday that they (Dakota/MW) "look" to be in good shape. Haven't seen them first hand.

Apex takes forever to dry - I usually avoid it from Dec. through March.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss

The joys of being self-employed!

Ha, ha! I can go ride anywhere and for as long as I want today in this BEAUTIFUL weather cuz' I'm self employed and can do whatever I want! Lucky for me that I WANT to WORK today so I can renew my health insurance policy, so, as a gracious nod to you, the less fortunate, there will be no riding for me either....it sucks being self-employed...can somebody please tell me why health insurance cost me $1,100 a month for my perfectly healthy, no history of disease, family?!!!! FOCK!!!!

Perpetually single track
    $1100? Ouch...that's a mortgage payment.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    $1100? Ouch...that's a mortgage payment.
    Yeah, it's numbers like that that should make you kiss your employer's feet for hooking you up with health insurance. Health insurance costs for small businesses/self-insured in this country are out of freaking control. I had to drop my dental coverage because costs were getting more than I could afford/justify. Sorry for the rant in what should be a delightful thread.....

Bite Me.

Ouch

Well, I'm self employed too - if it weren't for the clients, life would be great! That insurance hurts I know although I'm only paying $800/month; however, I've got three employees that I also get to pay for. Not complaining too much though because in about an hour I'll head over to the Nordic center and get in a brisk 10k of classic skiing, then tomorrow at 6:15am I think I'll head up to A-Basin (10 minute drive) to skin up to the top of the Pali lift with the dog for some early morning tele turns before hitting the office. Then maybe early saturday I'll drive down to Dakota ridge to get some MTB miles on the new bike. Ain't Colorado grand?
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Goodness DWF, I hope your deductible is like $5. We're a self-insured family of five and we're paying like $350/month although with a high deductible. We've got Anthem. You can get a quick online quote running a couple deductible and coverage scenarios. Anyway, not the most fun thing to play with but check it out if you've got a spare 20-30 minutes.

Oh, and yes, it is very nice outside. Went for a beauty night ride last night with the d.o.g. Also did a little scouting in a construction site for some fun drops. Next time. S