mtbr member
    Mar 2006

HTMP Towers Road Time Challenge

I'd like to know if anyone ever times their climb up Towers Road in Horsetooth Mountain Park. I timed my ride this morning at exactly 30 minutes.

Start: Swan Johnson trail and Towers Road junction

End: The junction of the small loop that accesses the Southeastern towers. Stay left near the top for one more short/steep climb. There's a wide rock partially exposed, one or two inches above dirt, in the middle of the road at this point.

Post your time!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Dang, that's fast! I timed myself a few weeks ago from the gate from Soderburg to the Mill Canyon turn off in 33min.

FleshwoundGravityResearch
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamF
    I'd like to know if anyone ever times their climb up Towers Road in Horsetooth Mountain Park. I timed my ride this morning at exactly 30 minutes.

Start: Swan Johnson trail and Towers Road junction

End: The junction of the small loop that accesses the Southeastern towers. Stay left near the top for one more short/steep climb. There's a wide rock partially exposed, one or two inches above dirt, in the middle of the road at this point.

Post your time!

But were you pulling a kid trailer or a bob trailer? No? Then get that stuff outta here!

kevin

mtbr member
    I can top that. I ride the Towers in 5 inch, 7 inch and 8 inch. Obviously 5 inch is my shortest. But that is only my impression - I don't own a watch nor bike computer. Comes very handy as excuse when my wife thinks I've been too long.

More seriously: 30min seems fast. I am glad to clear it. Congratulations. You have permission to tow me the next time instead of passing me.

Klaus