Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    eci

Hows Co Springs Looking, wanna drift a bit

Thinking about coming down saturday and rallying the new car up the those dirt roads in the canyon are they dry???

Mayne we can get some rides in too while im down there
    Last edited by snowskilz; 03-04-2009 at 10:27 AM.

Team Inflexible
    Things are extremely dry down here.

I would be more concerned if the trails are on fire or not.

mtbr member
    hope I don't catch you in my pushbar.

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by Funrover
    hope I don't catch you in my pushbar.
    I hope so too that could hurt and I've already wrecked 1 car this year

percocet pioneer.
    What is the new car?

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    What is the new car?
    02 audi a4 avant. Putting a hitch on it Friday. It's gonna b the new vehicle of choice for shuttling 4 or less. And for sol vista shenanigans. It averages round 27mpg all over and def over 30 cruising

After the hitch I'm doing a cold air intake and bigger exhaust. These audis love to breath!

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    02 audi a4 avant. Putting a hitch on it Friday. It's gonna b the new vehicle of choice for shuttling 4 or less. And for sol vista shenanigans. It averages round 27mpg all over and def over 30 cruising

After the hitch I'm doing a cold air intake and bigger exhaust. These audis love to breath!
    Which engine did you get? The 1.8T or the 3.0 V6?
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

percocet pioneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Which engine did you get? The 1.8T or the 3.0 V6?
    guessing by the mileage..the 1.8T

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    guessing by the mileage..the 1.8T
    I'm guessing the V6 with an owner-exaggerated MPG rating (no offense snowskilz). I say that because the 1.8T doesn't benefit very much from an intake and a some from an exhaust. The biggest bang-for-buck mods for those are a number of chip options and just about anything that will drop your air temperature after the turbo since 14psi out of a K03 generates a lot of heat. The NA V6 obviously does much better for "breathing" mods.

snowskils, is this Avant a 2001.5 or is it really a 2002? I thought the B6 A4 Avant wasn't released until 2003, but I could be wrong.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

eci
    It's a 1.8 2002. I'm guessi g late 02 but all the paperwork is 02.

Everything I've read and been told is both the intake and exhaust add 10-15% hp each and add a hint of better gas mileage. The chip gives the best hp but kills the mileage.

I lookedat a 3.0 but it didn't have seat heaters so I passed

Your retarded
    It's a 1.8 2002. I'm guessi g late 02 but all the paperwork is 02.

Everything I've read and been told is both the intake and exhaust add 10-15% hp each and add a hint of better gas mileage.
    News to me on both those accounts. Good to know.

Perpetual slow motion
    Feb 2007
    Snowskilz-

If you really want to "drift" your super fast new Audiru, I would suggest Rampart Range road for maximum suspension articulation. Let me know how it works out.
    The more I drink, the smarter you get.

eci
    I've found a couple roads outside idaho that are fun but none get too steep. Downhill full drift is where it's at!

I looked into getting her chipped but the mpgs blow and I drive a lot. If I want to burn gas I'll drive my truck

Your retarded
    I looked into getting her chipped but the mpgs blow and I drive a lot. If I want to burn gas I'll drive my truck
    I could switch my APR chip on and off with the factory cruise control button on the turn signal lever. Combine that with methanol injection that activates at a specific boost pressure, and you'd have a stock to big HP ride that's controlled with a single button from inside the cabin. That might be a stellar solution to your need for high MPG with the occasional high HP jaunt in the curves.

eci
    I could switch my APR chip on and off with the factory cruise control button on the turn signal lever. Combine that with methanol injection that activates at a specific boost pressure, and you'd have a stock to big HP ride that's controlled with a single button from inside the cabin. That might be a stellar solution to your need for high MPG with the occasional high HP jaunt in the curves.

No way!!! Who set that up for you? That's a perfect solution

Your retarded
    No way!!! Who set that up for you? That's a perfect solution
    Well, the "flip switch" for the ECU is a function of the APR chip. I believe all their chips come with that feature.
    http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/e...e_8ea418t.html

I know that Snow Performance methanol injection can be setup to kick on at a predetermined boost pressure. It'd be great to drive around on stock boost and have the methanol injection set to kick on at like 12+ psi which would only occur from a rare boost spike or when the chip is actually "on".
    http://www.snowperformance.net/products.php?p_cat=158

I only had the chip and sold my Audi before methanol injection had proved itself. However, this really does sound like the ideal solution for what you need since big HP and big MPG rarely go hand in hand.

abnormally aspirated
    Jun 2005
    I've owned a couple of tuned 1.8ts in the past and had my mileage increase with APR chips in both cases. Just sayin'...

damn I miss those cars... now to sell my truck.

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by brettf
    damn I miss those cars... now to sell my truck.
    You and me both.

percocet pioneer.
    My roommates 1.8T flies..

Your retarded
    $ally Hu$tle, that's a 2.0T. The life of the 1.8T badge ended in 2005.

My old B5 A4 1.8T QM...

percocet pioneer.
    $ally Hu$tle, that's a 2.0T. The life of the 1.8T badge ended in 2005.

Yep you're right

mtbr member
    Rampart Range is fun. Rough in places, but I've flogged my Forester XT up and down it a few times. Seems to have less traffic than Old Stage Rd.

I think I can.

Idea! I click on this thread to get all the information about trail condition

And all I read about are cars, what the heck, didn't know we were starting a motor tread thread

Now, what day were you thinking of testing this car out

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ban'd4life
    Snowskilz-

If you really want to "drift" your super fast new Audiru, I would suggest Rampart Range road for maximum suspension articulation. Let me know how it works out.
    Yo BANNNNNED....could "drift" in the long-travel WRX...Heeeheee.

Oh, So Interesting!
    I'm thinking 2010 WRX. New design for '10, 260+ hp.... I have read on the web (fwiw) the '09 WRX is faster than the '08 STI. Pretty impressive, plus I miss my turbo in my current na Impreza.

Congrats on the car snowskilz, what you really want is an electronic boost control so you can select whatever level of boost you want on the fly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boost_controller

You really need someone who knows these cars and has experience modding them so you don't kill your motor. Typically you need a larger intercooler, a less restrictive intake and exhaust, larger fuel injectors, and a custom tuned computer to support increasing boost levels by very much. Good Luck, and get your checkbook out!

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast