contains quinine

How's the backbone?

i'm super itching for some dirt tomorrow (Sunday 2/22) - these parts (louisville, boulder) are still a mess. Is the backbone the best bet currently?

thanks!

d
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Perpetually single track
    I was on it last Tuesday, and it was primo. I doupt the "snow" we got on Thursday is even still there. Should be perfect.

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    I was on it last Tuesday, and it was primo. I doupt the "snow" we got on Thursday is even still there. Should be perfect.

i don't know what permissions i have for tomorrow at this point (other than I WILL ride, I just don't know when). is anyone (ibmkidiii?) interested in a ride tomorrow there?

D

theHeadlessThompsonGunner

I'm game.

And, as I say pretty much every week, I'd really like to ride Devil's Backbone (for the first time). Had a day of snowboarding planned for tomorrow (but am bailing), and got all my work done today, so I can ride tomorrow. Mid-day is probably best for me. I'm coming from Superior, so it's about a 90-minute drive to Loveland, eh? I'd offer a carpool (if you're coming from Looieville), but I think I'll bring GF along, too, making for no rack space. If she's not interested, I'll let you know.
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."

-The Good Doctor

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    what time you thinking? i'm working tonight, so will be sleeping tomorrow for the early part of the day. i'm looking to get riding around 2pm. either there, or at hall.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Team Blindspot

You are closer to an hour drive...

Quote Originally Posted by SDizzle
    And, as I say pretty much every week, I'd really like to ride Devil's Backbone (for the first time). Had a day of snowboarding planned for tomorrow (but am bailing), and got all my work done today, so I can ride tomorrow. Mid-day is probably best for me. I'm coming from Superior, so it's about a 90-minute drive to Loveland, eh? I'd offer a carpool (if you're coming from Looieville), but I think I'll bring GF along, too, making for no rack space. If she's not interested, I'll let you know.

Takes me about 30 minutes to get to Larry's shop (right next to Backbone) from South Longmont.

contains quinine
    fyi - i hear hall's a mess. lots of mud.

i'm more an earlier rider - leaving then house around 9:30-10ish makes me feel like i'm not rushing in the morning, and also lets me think that i'm not spending the entire day on bike related stuff. that said, i also like riding with other folks too.

d

well, i'd rather ride earlier, normally. but working tonight, and i gotta' sleep before i ride tomrrow. at least a few hours. i tend to run into things if i don't. the beautiful thing is i have 8 days off in a row starting march 3rd. prolly spend 3 or 4 of them snowshoe camping somewhere in the indian peaks!

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    well, i'd rather ride earlier, normally. but working tonight, and i gotta' sleep before i ride tomrrow. at least a few hours. i tend to run into things if i don't. the beautiful thing is i have 8 days off in a row starting march 3rd. prolly spend 3 or 4 of them snowshoe camping somewhere in the indian peaks!
    I'll be at the shop in the afternoon and if you twist my arm really hard I might be convinced to go for a ride. I'm flexible, 2 or 3ish would probably work best for me.
    Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

cool. i'll see how i feel when i wake up; after three nights on, it's kinda rough the first day off. may see me on your dooorstep, may not. later.

sloooooooooow here tonight.........thank gore for inventing the web!

trail waggler

Backbone is perfect...

Though kinda short. It's only about 7 miles, of course that can be stretched, especially riding from Larry's shop.

I rode it yesterday after work, and it was almost completely dry! The out&back is very fast and tacky, though I think some recent trail work and horses have roughed it up some. I might get back up there this afternoon, ridin' the Rockgarden a Hall with Rachel this a.m.

Have fun Brian, if you don't get up there until later, maybe I'll see 'ya! (I know as soon as I pull up, Scrublover will just be gettin' geared up

It's 9 am...

and I'm up, and can be ready to go in one hour or in four. Who wants to ride? Earlier is probably better for me, too, and I'm raring to go. Post here, or email me at

sdbullock AT comcast DOT net

ps. Can someone give me impromptu directions to Backbone--whatever's fastest from Superior/Louisville?

-The Good Doctor

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by SDizzle
    and I'm up, and can be ready to go in one hour or in four. Who wants to ride? Earlier is probably better for me, too, and I'm raring to go. Post here, or email me at

sdbullock AT comcast DOT net

ps. Can someone give me impromptu directions to Backbone--whatever's fastest from Superior/Louisville?
    Hi Stephen. Take 287 North. It jogs east at Berthoud, it takes a 90deg right but instead of staying on that through Bertoud take the next left (county rd. 17, called Taft in Loveland). Take that into Loveland and turn left at Eisenhower (hwy 34). After a couple of miles it will turn from 4 lane into 2, shortly after that you'll go up a small hill and there's a big water tank on the right side. The entrance is just before the water tank and is signed. My shop is just another 1/2 mi West on 34 next to the Conoco, but my wife is seeing a couple patients this morning so I'm home with the kids and won't be there until about 1pm. Stop by if you're still around by that time. There's an out & back lower section and then two loops up on top seperated by a straight section in between. So, if you go right at every intersection then you'll go around both loops and back down.
    Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

Sweet. ETA: noon.

We're leaving Superior now (~11), and will probably arrive about noon. Green Jetta, blue/red bike, Old English sheep dog, etc. Meet at trailhead by 12:15, if anyone's interested!

Stefan

ps. We'll drop by the shop, Larry, if just to say high. Sorry we can't ride later, but I've some work to do this aft.

-The Good Doctor

contains quinine

nice ride!

Larry, you're lucky to have this outside your door, great ride. you definatly know it's NOT boulder county open space - they actually left some rocks in the trail!

Sdizzle - nice to meet you and yours, and great riding. here's the best shot i got of you. (I think - i'm geting an error, so I'll post and see - also, if you want the big pic, i can send that also.)

my name is Bryan, and i'm an addict! get your mtbr fix here...

contains quinine
    let's see if these pictures work now...
    Attached Images Attached Images