mtbr member
    Jan 2004

How much snow on Jenny Creek and Rollins Pass

Have any of you been up Jenny Creek and Rollins/Corona Pass this year? Can you tell me how much snow is on the trail? I am thinking about riding from Boulder to Winter Park this weekend, and don't want to be hiking through too much snow.

Steve

lucky enough

good ride

Steve, That's a good Leadville 100 training ride. A few years ago I rode from Eldora up and over to Winter Park, had lunch and rode back. I haven't been up high yet this year but I wouldn't expect too much snow with all the heat we've been having. The snow pack is well below normal for this time of year. I'm training for the BTC so I'm putting in road miles. Hopefully I'll get my 29er in early July and then we'll ride!

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    I'm interested in the condition as well. This ride is on my short list as soon as it's clear enough to ride Boulder to WP.
    On-One Lurcher SS
    Speedway Cycles Fatback Ti SS
    1984 Trek 560
    http://slipangles.blogspot.com/ - It's supposed to be fun

pin 'er up
    Quote Originally Posted by Pivvay
    I'm interested in the condition as well. This ride is on my short list as soon as it's clear enough to ride Boulder to WP.
    Pivvay, you're gonna kill Leadville this year with all of this stuff!!
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

Now Uploading

Rollins Pass

We rode up the west side from WP last weekend, first hike-a-bike snow drift was in the cut after the wye in the road at the creek crossing to the left (about 2/5 the way up), small occasional melting snow drifts up to just below Riffle Sight Tressle, stopped there.

We rode up the east side from East portal three weeks ago. made it to about a mile before the Yankee Doodle Lake campground before a deep snowdrift.

It's melting fast up there.

Cheers,

Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Can one still get to the jenny creek trail through the Eldora Ski area or is that off limits now?
    i want to breathe
    follow the scene
    i want to taste
    everyone i see
    i want to run when i'm up high
    i want to run into the sea
    i only want life to be...
    i just want to be...
    i will feel alive as long as i am free...

lucky enough

access

I think they have to allow access to the national forest. Maybe the best way is to start from the trailhead by the gate that's a little before the parking lot. They might have that gate closed anyway. There are some parking spots there and the trailhead there feeds into the eastern end of the nordic trails. Cruise the nordic trails towards the alpine runs and you'll run into the trail that'll drop down to Jenny Creek.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Be careful, its NOT legal to access Jenny Creek from West Magnolia via Tennessee Mtn. Theres all sorts of new private property signs, a new cable... it has never actually been legal access, but now there getting pissed because of abuse from motorbikes.

I've also gone in from where Freder was talking about, that may be ok, but riding the nordic trails probably isnt. I do it anyway, there nice...