Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

How many times?

1K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  Fischman 
#1 ·
I'm curious how many times other Front Rangers ride their most oft-ridden trail/area in a season? And which trail/area?

I like to mix it up a lot, but I'll start:

It's a three-way tie between LotB, Centennial Cone and Alderfer/Evergreen Mtn at 3-4x a season.

#2 · (Edited)
This seasons Dawn Patrol

From May till August I was in Waterton Canyon / Rox Loop twice a weekend.

My midweek training ride from my front door puts me on the Highline Canal Trail from the C470 Trail over to Big Dry Creek trail as often as 3 times a week but averages twice a week.

And my take a Friday off work once a month had me out to Buffalo Creek 3 times so far.

Have a Day
Tom
Littleton, CO

#5 ·
I generally run over hikers, non-spandex wearing bikers and anyone else not wearing a hrm at the Marshall Mesa area trails at least once a week (more if I take the old lady out) as the Coal Creek trail is just down from my house in Louisville.

Now for the excuses... I'd rather ride other more challenging/scenic places but new job really crimps my free time during the week. I feel rather fortunate to once again live close enough to hit dirt almost out of the garage.

#6 ·
In decreasing order of frequency:

Spring Brook - Marshall Mesa
Betasso
Heil
Dots
West Mag
Hall
private trail West of here
Lory Park - was just up there last weekend. Very nice.:)
I need to do Walker Ranch this year

#7 ·
because it's right out my back door, I ride Green Mtn atleast 2-3 times/week (100+ times/year). Also, more than half of my rides are after dark, so having GM open to night rides helps with fitting my rides in to my family schedule.
Not my favorite front range ride, but certainly convenient.

#9 ·
I never ride a trail more than once a day, unless it's an out-and-back.

Hall Ranch is just around the corner from my house, so if all of the more-interesting/less-busy places are snowed in, I tend to ride at Hall fairly regularly in winter.

#11 ·
Soda creek probably 20-30 times a season but always a different loop. When I was in Denver I rode C-Cone a bit but usually ended up driving up to the high country of buff creek. I have a few trails in Montezuma that I frequent more than a few times a season. Other than that I have kinda a yearly checklist for my local trails that I run through, adding a few every year.

#13 ·
I kind of hate to admit this, but I've probably ridden Wildcat Mountain out in Highlands Ranch about 25 times this season. I always bring the bike along when visiting the parents.

As for local trails, I probably hit Marshall Mesa/Springbrook 10-12 times season. After that its just 1-3 visits per season to most other trail systems in the Boulder area.

#14 ·
Salida Mountain Trails and Cottonwood Gulch 2-3 times a week...(40-50 times this season). I have also been riding at least once a week on the Castle Park trails south of Trout Creek Pass (trying to improve them)...so that's probably 20+ rides up there. I don't think I have hit any other individual trail more than twice this season.

#15 ·
Not too many . . .

. . . with so many great ones in the neighborhood I never end up hitting one trail too often.

Right out my front door I have access to Bear Creek Regional Park, Section 16, Buckhorn Trail, Captain Jack's, Columbine Trail, Bear Creek Canyon, Stratton Open Space, The Chutes, Seven Bridges Trail, St Mary's Falls, Intemann Trail, Red Rock Canyon and, if I'm willing to climb vice shuttle, throw in Pipeline and Jones Park. Beyond that, it's a very short drive to Palmer Park, Cheyenne Mountain State Park, Ute Valley Park, Waldo Canyon, Limbaugh Canyon, Falcon Trail, and Garden fo the Gods. Within an hour or two, I've got most of the front range.

It's great to have choices, especially if you don't like repeating yourself!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.