Thread: How many...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

How many...

...got out this weekend and rutted up some trails?
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Your retarded
    50% yes. I rode, but the trails I was on were not muddy.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

Inflexable...
    100% yes. Trails were all snow covered and either powder or packed powder. The catwalks had some ruts, but nothing serious...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

rr
    I don't do PC
    I'm guilty, got out and put some tire tread marks in some dirt, flame suit on

ride
    I did. I'm proud to say that I rode thru the middle of the mud on the middle of the trail, causing 1" deep ruts rather than an 8' wide, braided trail
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Stiff yet compliant
    I smuggled grapes this weekend.

ridin dirtay

Bluebird Powder day in Highlands Bowl

Took the long trek to the top of Highlands Bowl a few times. I stayed on the trail, the boot track got quite rutted towards the afternoon.
    Asspen 011(small).jpg

Patty gettin Air - to - fluff.....makin big rutts in the powder
    Asspen 014.jpg

On the 3rd trek we towed Sam Ferguson (Mono-Sit Skier from Warren Miller movies & X-games) to the top. That guy rips.
    Sam Ferguson.jpg
    Last edited by WKD-RDR; 02-11-2008 at 12:14 PM.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Oh, So Interesting!
    I am jealous, Highlands is sick... but the best runs on Highland bowl don't even require a hike (Temerity, Y12...)

I rode Hall (again) today. Snow was blowing in and the temp dropped 20 degrees by the time I was leaving Lyons...

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

skillz to pay billz
    I tried to avoid as many ruts as I could at breck, luckily there was plenty of off trail options above treeline

ridin dirtay
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113
    I am jealous, Highlands is sick... but the best runs on Highland bowl don't even require a hike (Temerity, Y12...)

I rode Hall (again) today. Snow was blowing in and the temp dropped 20 degrees by the time I was leaving Lyons...
    Yeah, but flyin down an open bowl of fluff at Mach 10 is such a great experience, and the view.
    We ducked into the trees after about 1PM ish, untracked as always

Should have my bike ready by the end of the month, then my (new) bike by mid-spring
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

VooDoo user.
    I nearly got Blown off 36 on my road bike. No dirt to speak of.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Pueblo

Okay, my 2 cents...

I was out at Pueblo's south shore trails on Saturday and rode the trails very briefly (with a group of SS riders for a few minutes.) I decided it was a bit too wet out there and headed for pavement after a mile or two.

I went out again on Sunday, a little earlier, hoping that any mud would still be frozen. I got as far as the Outer Limits trail when it started getting muddy already, so I turned around. Couldn't help but notice a bunch of tire tracks in the mud at that point. I haven't been back to see how far the tire tracks went....

I'm personally not bothered by a few sets of tire tracks out in the middle of the prairie. A little more traffic on the trails and maybe a few hours of trail maintenance and all evidence of this mud ride will be gone.

BUT, as we all know, these are multi-use trails. I'm hopeful that no one (other trail users) will complain about said tire tracks, but experience tells me they will.

Trails conditions are posted here for a reason, my friends. We're stoked to see so many people enjoying these local trails when conditions allow it, but please keep off when wet.

BTW, there were relatively few mtb's in Pueblo this weekend. THANK YOU to all those who changed their plans based on reports posted on this forum. Maybe those who rode down here this weekend weren't privy to the trail conditions updates posted on this site. And, thank you Muff for the accurate update of trail conditions here