Colorado

How crowded really is Fruita this time of year?

Is all the talk of crowds exaggerated or what?

I was there this time last year, and yeah there were people there, but it was just like Moab during the Spring/Fall and a hell of a lot less crowded than anything in the Front Range.

I'm gonna head there this weekend...

What's your opinion?

Dude...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drop the Seat
    Is all the talk of crowds exaggerated or what?

I was there this time last year, and yeah there were people there, but it was just like Moab during the Spring/Fall and a hell of a lot less crowded than anything in the Front Range.

I'm gonna head there this weekend...

What's your opinion?
    By this time of year, do you mean spring, or do you mean Fat Tire Festival, which is this weekend in Fruita? I think it will be pretty crowded this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW
    Its amazing how easy somebody can make 10.000 posts making such stupid comments.

Colorado
    DAMN-- I don't want to be there for the FTF... crap. Thanks for the heads up.

Maybe I'll just hit Lunch Loops and head on West.

Anyone know if Boy Scout Trail in Glenwood Springs is good-to-go?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    There is a Glenwood trail link on the West Slope forum I think this is it but the last post was a while ago. Not Boy Scout specific but it might help.

Mushroom Rock/Red hill Good to go.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Theres gunna be a FTF too? Im headed that way for the 2nd MSC race... sounds like its gunna be a busy weekend there...

mtbr member
    I am planning on going to Fruita this weekend depending on the weather driving over there. Me and the family are camping (26' travel trailer) at Highline SP. The thing is I don't want to pull the trailer if the highways are slick. Gonna be making a last minute decision tomorrow morning.

Never rode in Fruita before. It was actually coincidental that we are there for FTF. My wife made the reservation not knowing that it was a busy weekend.

mtbr member

Ride Fruita during FFTF and avoid the company

I've been on the trails around Fruita during 2 FFTF's and on many occasions - never came across anyone.

18 Road after 6pm on Friday. only a few cars in the lot, while the festival events were happening in Fruita, proper.

Camped at Bitter Creek CG (just on the other side of the UT border) only one other vehicle was there.

Zion Curtain - Saturday - didn't see anyone.

Little Wing. Was afraid I was going to be an Aaron Ralston if something bad happened to me out there. You won't see a soul.

Mary's Trails (Steves, Mack, Lion, Troy's, etc.) on Sunday on my way out of town - saw a few groups max.

Fruita can easily be done on the down-low during FFTF.

Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Im heading there this weekend for the festival. Its really not that bad, even during the festival. There are plenty of trails and if you know anyone local, the trails visitors wont know about then youre really set.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I was there last weekend... 18 Road trails on Friday afternoon weren't bad- a handful of cars and other riders, but pretty empty as far as the front range is concerned. I rode Kokopelli on Sunday morning and I was the first car in the lot at 8:30. By the time I finished riding 2 hrs later, I saw a total of 7-8 people.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The biggest issue isn't mobbed trails so much as a close place to camp.

banned
    I saw Tiggerider, Catch22, some trailbuilder dewd from the Far Side, and a couple of angry people Saturday on a trail where nobody else was present at all.