Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

How bout dem Broncos

Suprised me, got a tough one next week against the Patriots.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    They played well, if I just didn't have to listen to all this Tebow crap I'd enjoy it a lot more.

mtbr member
    Yea, he is fun to watch though.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    The who?

friend of Apex
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by brokefork View Post
    They played well, if I just didn't have to listen to all this Tebow crap I'd enjoy it a lot more.
    I second this, it's almost like it's the second coming of Christ in Denver. I think I saw him curing cancer and delivering babies and turning water into gatorade in the locker room after the game.

But on a real note the TEAM played great. I was shocked!

I tapped that

friend of Apex

friend of Apex

mtbr member
    Hah! thats funny WKD.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Fun! Fun! Fun!
    Who'd a thunk?

QUIT yer BEOTCHIN
    How bout riding in the snow woo hoo
    YYYEEEEHHAAAWW!

........Does a one legged duck swim in a circle?

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I'm not a big stick n ball fan but I'm glad to see the old Donkeys doing well and being entertaining. Tebows a good story even without all the Jesus freak stuff - 2nd year QB who nobody thought would do anything comes off the bench and rallies a struggling team.

I think they'll. get crushed in New England but OTOH I didn't think they'd beat Pittsburgh so you never know. Maybe Dog really is with Tebow.

Colorado
    This winter sucks, where is the snow??????

mtbr member
    May 2006
    What if Tebow was Muslim?...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    They would lose, of course.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    I'm not a big stick n ball fan but I'm glad to see the old Donkeys doing well and being entertaining. Tebows a good story even without all the Jesus freak stuff - 2nd year QB who nobody thought would do anything comes off the bench and rallies a struggling team.

I think they'll. get crushed in New England but OTOH I didn't think they'd beat Pittsburgh so you never know. Maybe Dog really is with Tebow.
    Well said. While I can't really stand football, it is a cool story with Tebow, minus the Jesus crap.

I'm just sick of hearing Tebow this and Tebow that, 20x a day, everywhere I go...

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Start the season 1-4, finish season 0-3 and we're playing New England in the Divisional round.
    Who would have thunk?

Love that we are winning, but hate the 24/7 tebow Sh*t..
    My solution is to watch the game (or at least the last 5 minutes!), and ignore all the pre and post game coverage.

mtbr member
    I watch the came with the volume very low. Cool to see the broncs beat the steelers, I don't know it they can win another one. But on any day which ever teams has the best day..
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

friend of Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by Drop the Soap
    This winter sucks, where is the snow??????

slack jawed
    I've got nothing witty to say....

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Mostly I like hearing all the excuses that everyone makes for why they lose to the broncos.. its funny.. all the "experts" proving they know nothing. Was there anyone in the country that thought they would beat the steelers? I didn't but was glad to watch it...

I don't really care for football, I don't waste my Sunday watching games.. but this year has been more fun in Denver than any in a long time and caught my interest. I am not religious but am amazed how much crap he gets for being religious, when guys are running drug rings, beating their girlfriends, shooting themselves etc...
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    There's a Tebow hater in my office who will seriously need to be committed if the Broncos beat the Patriots. I'm not religious but I like the way Tebow doesn't bow to pressure not to mention his faith. For many years I have been turned off by football due to the antics and poor behavior of players on and off the field. Tebow is a quality individual who is very different from the typical pro football player.

If stats and rankings were all there was, they would just assemble the team and then win on paper. There is a reason they actually play the game. I so hope the Broncs win.

bike rider
    Tebow is ruining the Broncos games for me. He needs to study Matthew 6:6. It's the one that says you should pray in private.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I gotta say, the guy is exciting to watch and he's winning games. Don't care for/about the religious aspect, but it makes for some funny SNL skits. I know so many Steelers fans who are so high and mighty on their team, it's so obnoxious, was great to see them lose.

Great football weekend for me, both of my teams were the underdogs and they both kicked butt (Broncos/Bama).

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    When Tebow is "on" he plays like an average quarterback with some running skilz. I don't find it exciting to watch him play, I find it frustrating to watch such a superb athlete not being a quarterback, ya know, like hitting a timed pass across the middle or a slant pass or somebody just breaking away from coverage for that 1/4 second of separation you're lucky to get in the NFL.

When he actually does hit somebody with a decent pass, well, that's not cause for celebration. Just watch Drew Brees or Brady or Rodgers throw their timed passes. Then watch Tebow throw it into the dirt. They say that Brees is a master of deception with his eyes about where he intends to throw. Tebow has actually sorta kinda done that on occasion. Work on that, Tim, as well as keeping the ball up high and a quick release.
    No more windmill windup while staring at your intended receiver waving his hands downfield.

Really, I don't "hate" Tebow or him wearing his religion on his sleeve. I just hope, if he indeed is the starting QB next year, that he actually does work on his passing game. It is nowhere near NFL quarterback level now, no matter what the stats from last week's game say.

BTW, here's the Pittsburgh mayor Tebowing since he lost a bet with Denver mayor Hancock. The Pittsburgh mayor says he'll wear a #15 Jersey all the following week if Denver beats New England. What are the chances?
    Last edited by xcguy; 06-20-2012 at 04:58 AM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast