mtbr member

How bout dem Broncos

Suprised me, got a tough one next week against the Patriots.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    They played well, if I just didn't have to listen to all this Tebow crap I'd enjoy it a lot more.

mtbr member
    Yea, he is fun to watch though.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    The who?

friend of Apex
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tbiC1GhbfNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by brokefork View Post
    They played well, if I just didn't have to listen to all this Tebow crap I'd enjoy it a lot more.
    I second this, it's almost like it's the second coming of Christ in Denver. I think I saw him curing cancer and delivering babies and turning water into gatorade in the locker room after the game.

But on a real note the TEAM played great. I was shocked!

I tapped that

friend of Apex

friend of Apex

mtbr member
    Hah! thats funny WKD.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Fun! Fun! Fun!
    Who'd a thunk?

QUIT yer BEOTCHIN
    How bout riding in the snow woo hoo
    YYYEEEEHHAAAWW!

........Does a one legged duck swim in a circle?

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I'm not a big stick n ball fan but I'm glad to see the old Donkeys doing well and being entertaining. Tebows a good story even without all the Jesus freak stuff - 2nd year QB who nobody thought would do anything comes off the bench and rallies a struggling team.

I think they'll. get crushed in New England but OTOH I didn't think they'd beat Pittsburgh so you never know. Maybe Dog really is with Tebow.

Colorado
    This winter sucks, where is the snow??????

mtbr member
    May 2006
    What if Tebow was Muslim?...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    They would lose, of course.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    I'm not a big stick n ball fan but I'm glad to see the old Donkeys doing well and being entertaining. Tebows a good story even without all the Jesus freak stuff - 2nd year QB who nobody thought would do anything comes off the bench and rallies a struggling team.

I think they'll. get crushed in New England but OTOH I didn't think they'd beat Pittsburgh so you never know. Maybe Dog really is with Tebow.
    Well said. While I can't really stand football, it is a cool story with Tebow, minus the Jesus crap.

I'm just sick of hearing Tebow this and Tebow that, 20x a day, everywhere I go...

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Start the season 1-4, finish season 0-3 and we're playing New England in the Divisional round.
    Who would have thunk?

Love that we are winning, but hate the 24/7 tebow Sh*t..
    My solution is to watch the game (or at least the last 5 minutes!), and ignore all the pre and post game coverage.

mtbr member
    I watch the came with the volume very low. Cool to see the broncs beat the steelers, I don't know it they can win another one. But on any day which ever teams has the best day..
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

friend of Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by Drop the Soap
    This winter sucks, where is the snow??????

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9Gv67QhVH4c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

slack jawed
    I've got nothing witty to say....

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Mostly I like hearing all the excuses that everyone makes for why they lose to the broncos.. its funny.. all the "experts" proving they know nothing. Was there anyone in the country that thought they would beat the steelers? I didn't but was glad to watch it...

I don't really care for football, I don't waste my Sunday watching games.. but this year has been more fun in Denver than any in a long time and caught my interest. I am not religious but am amazed how much crap he gets for being religious, when guys are running drug rings, beating their girlfriends, shooting themselves etc...
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    There's a Tebow hater in my office who will seriously need to be committed if the Broncos beat the Patriots. I'm not religious but I like the way Tebow doesn't bow to pressure not to mention his faith. For many years I have been turned off by football due to the antics and poor behavior of players on and off the field. Tebow is a quality individual who is very different from the typical pro football player.

If stats and rankings were all there was, they would just assemble the team and then win on paper. There is a reason they actually play the game. I so hope the Broncs win.

bike rider
    Tebow is ruining the Broncos games for me. He needs to study Matthew 6:6. It's the one that says you should pray in private.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I gotta say, the guy is exciting to watch and he's winning games. Don't care for/about the religious aspect, but it makes for some funny SNL skits. I know so many Steelers fans who are so high and mighty on their team, it's so obnoxious, was great to see them lose.

Great football weekend for me, both of my teams were the underdogs and they both kicked butt (Broncos/Bama).

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    When Tebow is "on" he plays like an average quarterback with some running skilz. I don't find it exciting to watch him play, I find it frustrating to watch such a superb athlete not being a quarterback, ya know, like hitting a timed pass across the middle or a slant pass or somebody just breaking away from coverage for that 1/4 second of separation you're lucky to get in the NFL.

When he actually does hit somebody with a decent pass, well, that's not cause for celebration. Just watch Drew Brees or Brady or Rodgers throw their timed passes. Then watch Tebow throw it into the dirt. They say that Brees is a master of deception with his eyes about where he intends to throw. Tebow has actually sorta kinda done that on occasion. Work on that, Tim, as well as keeping the ball up high and a quick release.
    No more windmill windup while staring at your intended receiver waving his hands downfield.

Really, I don't "hate" Tebow or him wearing his religion on his sleeve. I just hope, if he indeed is the starting QB next year, that he actually does work on his passing game. It is nowhere near NFL quarterback level now, no matter what the stats from last week's game say.

BTW, here's the Pittsburgh mayor Tebowing since he lost a bet with Denver mayor Hancock. The Pittsburgh mayor says he'll wear a #15 Jersey all the following week if Denver beats New England. What are the chances?
    Last edited by xcguy; 06-20-2012 at 05:58 AM.
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    When Tebow is "on" he plays like an average quarterback with some running skilz. I don't find it exciting to watch him play, I find it frustrating to watch such a superb athlete not being a quarterback, ya know, like hitting a timed pass across the middle or a slant pass or somebody just breaking away from coverage for that 1/4 second of separation you're lucky to get in the NFL.
    didn't he do that on the first play of overtime?? I do think he gets better especially when the offensive coordinator opens up the offense and gets creative.. the running on every single first down gets old and very predictable.. the pass to Royal was pretty good too..

Lets face it, in this day and age, he is an anomaly. I mean you get QB's who can scramble, but you don't get QB's who can run on 20 designed runs in a game, they just wouldn't hold up.. to me its fun to watch, sure Brees and Brady are snipers, and thats cool too, but I like seeing something different now and again..its a true triple option that hasn't been seen in the NFL for a long time..
    BBZ

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    He'll stop running after he takes that first hard hit to his knees, knee replacement at age 50, just like Elway. Quarterbacks who run don't last long in that league.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia View Post
    didn't he do that on the first play of overtime?? I do think he gets better especially when the offensive coordinator opens up the offense and gets creative.. the running on every single first down gets old and very predictable.. the pass to Royal was pretty good too..

Lets face it, in this day and age, he is an anomaly. I mean you get QB's who can scramble, but you don't get QB's who can run on 20 designed runs in a game, they just wouldn't hold up.. to me its fun to watch, sure Brees and Brady are snipers, and thats cool too, but I like seeing something different now and again..its a true triple option that hasn't been seen in the NFL for a long time..
    Demarius Thomas was asked about that pass in OT. I can't remember exactly how he worded it but he said that he was basically surprised at Tebow's execution of that play. Something like "yeah, the pass was actually in my hands and on time". The wonder of it! A complete game of that kind of passing execution means that the QB is doing the minimum, passes on time and in the receiver's hands. Not a receiver running left and right and left and right while Tebow scrambles but the receiver makes his first cut and the ball is there. Yeah, like that first play in OT. Of course, DT successfully stiff arming a safety with 4.18 speed helped the play to turn out like it did.

Steve Young said it took him a few years to stop scrambling so much and become a better passer.

jl
    climb
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    Tebow is ruining the Broncos games for me. He needs to study Matthew 6:6. It's the one that says you should pray in private.
    Which part are you studying?
    We don't need more to be thankful for; we just need to be more thankful.

'Tis but a scratch
    Hey if you are tired of Tebow just route for the NY Giants! Us giants fans may be doing some praying ourselves though...we need to beat Green Bay, then likely face New Orleans...no sweat!

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Demarius Thomas was asked about that pass in OT. I can't remember exactly how he worded it but he said that he was basically surprised at Tebow's execution of that play. Something like "yeah, the pass was actually in my hands and on time". The wonder of it! A complete game of that kind of passing execution means that the QB is doing the minimum, passes on time and in the receiver's hands. Not a receiver running left and right and left and right while Tebow scrambles but the receiver makes his first cut and the ball is there. Yeah, like that first play in OT. Of course, DT successfully stiff arming a safety with 4.18 speed helped the play to turn out like it did.

Steve Young said it took him a few years to stop scrambling so much and become a better passer.
    Doesn't that say it all?? If Steve Young say it took him a few years and he is one of the greatest, why does Tebow get so much flack for his progress or lack thereof?? Its not like he is sitting behind Joe Montana learning the game, Kyle Orton isn't exactly one of the greatest? How many years did Aaron Rodgers sit and watch Favre? What was Peyton Mannings record his first season (3-13), Elway did it late in his career, Drew Brees was so-so with SD. Brady, well, he is just a freak..

like others said.. 1-4 before Tebow.. 7-4 with him AND a playoff win.. no one is expecting him to be a pure passer, that was never in the cards..
    BBZ

a dad
    Jan 2004
    [QUOTE=xcguy;8901448] Yeah, like that first play in OT. Of course, DT successfully stiff arming a safety with 4.18 speed helped the play to turn out like it did.

QUOTE]

But if that ball is off a few inches in either direction, DT doesn't catch it in stride and is tackled.. might seem simple, but that only comes with tons and tons and tons of repetitions and then add the pressure and all the other factors.. Tebow made a very good throw, DT made an easy catch, then used his skill to ward off the defender..

its funny how many people want to continue to put him down, we should all be happy..
    BBZ

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by huffster View Post
    Hey if you are tired of Tebow just root for the NY Giants! Us Giants fans may be doing some praying ourselves though...we need to beat Green Bay, then likely face New Orleans...no sweat!
    I watched the Giants-Packers game on Dec 4 (?). After watching Tebow mania it was a treat to watch two seasoned professional quarterbacks at work. Somebody had to win and it was the Packers turn. The guy who kicked the winning field goal for Green Bay played at CU.

I'm rooting for the Saints all the way.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

I surprised more people don't make the comparison between Young and Tebow. I lived in Tampa the years that Young was there, and Young looked a lot like Tebow does today. I'll grant you that the team around him was worse, but look at the reality over two years: 55% of passes completed, 3-16 record, only eleven touchdowns and 21 picks. They ran him out of TAMPA BAY for God's sake, when TB was by far the worst team in the league.

Here is a comparison from earlier this year:

Tim Tebow's Career Looks A Lot Like NFL Hall Of Famer Steve Young's - Business Insider

People need to cut Tebow some slack. He basically has one year of playing time under his belt. Let's see if he can improve next year before declaring him unfit to be a quarterback. He has made a lot of improvement since October.

I'll make this point: TB got basically nothing for Young when they sent him to the 49'ers. No one wanted him, he was basically considered to be a bust. I think if Denver dangled Tebow as trade bait, they would get a lot more interest than TB did with Young, because teams recognize his potential as well the accomplishments he already has.

mtbr member
    At what point is it OK to start feeling sorry for "dem Broncos"?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    guess god took the night off.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    The game went exactly as I figured it would. No surprises. I'm more dismayed that the Saints lost.
    Last edited by xcguy; 01-15-2012 at 07:21 AM.

rr
    I don't do PC
    God can't compete with Tom Brady, I'm thinking they will win their 4th Superbowl and join the 70's Steelers and 80's 49er's as the best teams eva

Great 4th qtr in the Saints/49er's game, I wanted to see the Saints win too

Loser
    Mar 2008

mtbr member
    God played? Hmmm, all I saw was the Patriots and the Broncos. There are 24 other teams sitting at home wishing they made the playoffs, not alone winning a playoff game, like "dem Broncos". Tell me you thought they would get that far when they started 0-4.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Just venturing a guess, but I don't think a lot of folks on this forum even give a s**t about the Broncos and their heaven sent quarterback.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    You should try commenting on a Denver Post story about the Broncos, especially this latest loss, on their website comments section. It's insult and be insulted there. Everyone's an idiot and will gladly tell everyone else that, religion pros and cons are rampant, people just shout stuff back and forth. Great fun!

mtbr member
    I thought it was pretty amazing last night that after the game, a game in which Tom Brady set several playoff records, that the stupid media was following Tebow around rather than the real star on the field. I am so sick of everything Tebow!

Loser
    Mar 2008
    You should try commenting on a Denver Post story about the Broncos, especially this latest loss, on their website comments section. It's insult and be insulted there. Everyone's an idiot and will gladly tell everyone else that, religion pros and cons are rampant, people just shout stuff back and forth. Great fun!

Worse than Daily Camera comments?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    Worse than Daily Camera comments?
    Yeah. The Boulder Camera comment section is populated by people that are stupid, the Denver Post section is populated by the insane. Just one man's opinion

On a side note, what's the name of that forum that used to be on mtbr and now it's not (I think the story goes) where radical opinions are normal and it's not a place for the timid: is it F88 (or something like that?) Just asking.