Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Horsetooth No Longer Requires Bike-in Permits

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  sgltrak 
#1 ·
This probably isn't news to most of you, but it was for me so thought I'd share.

You no longer have to pay to bike-in or walk-in to Horsetooth Mountain Park. I found this out when I renewed my annual vehicle permit. In the past there was a paper backing on the vehicle sticker that you were supposed to carry with you when you entered the park by bike as proof that you had an annual permit. When I renewed my annual pass the vehicle sticker didn't have the paper-permit on the back. I emailed the county ranger and got this response:

"Under the new format walk in bike in permits are no longer required."

So there you have it. Unless you regularly drive to HTMP, there's no need to purchase an annual pass.

The other notable change is that the annual pass expires 12 months from purchase rather than December 31 (similar to Lory).

#5 ·
This probably isn't news to most of you, but it was for me so thought I'd share.
That is news to me. I accused my wife of losing the paper backing and looked all over for it. I rode from home 2 weekends ago and worried that the ranger at the booth was going to stop me.

I was wondering about the new decal though. Is it possible to peel it off and move it between my various vehicles? Has anyone tried that?

#6 ·
I was wondering about the new decal though. Is it possible to peel it off and move it between my various vehicles? Has anyone tried that?
A friend said he left a small piece of paper on the corner to facilitate peeling the pass from the window to transfer between vehicles, but I would worry about tearing it with too many transfers. I like his idea of mounting it on a small piece of plexiglass to make switching between vehicles quick and easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.