TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON

Horsetooth Mountain Park

So, according to the signs at HTMP and Lory, there is a day use fee. Are riders paying this if you ride in? Just curious. Just want to maintain/keep a good vibe with the Ranger folks.

mtbr member
    I thought that was the whole point of riding in.

When you pay, you get a sticker to put on your car.

Don't know the intent, but if they can't find your car they can't prove you didn't pay.

slow
    I have been a season pass holder for years because I use the parks so much. Season pass is not that expensive to support a nice facility. Paper on the back of the season pass is a walk/bike-in pass that is good for you and up to 3 others riding with you. I keep these in the bike pack.

'07 prices were $65 Larimer County Parks and $55 Colorado State Parks (Combined < $0.33 / day) = Pretty good deal. State pass is also good at 40+ other parks including Golden Gate outside Boulder/Golden.

While riding in, I have only been stopped a handful of times at either park and asked to pay or show my pass. Usually happens at the entrance, and is more likely to happen on the Lory side. Was even followed out of the park by a Lory ranger wanting to see my pass a few years back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

what nice teeth you have
    Ditto, get the annual pass. I keep the paper portion of the pass in my wallet.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Getting the pass in not a problem. Just wanted to see if getting the pass was what most folks were doing.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KERKOVEJ
    So, according to the signs at HTMP and Lory, there is a day use fee. Are riders paying this if you ride in? Just curious. Just want to maintain/keep a good vibe with the Ranger folks.
    Both parks charge for walk-in and ride-in. But good thing is that both parks seem to accept that you pay in one park and then ride through both.

BTW: I do have an anual pass, too.