giddy up

Horsetooth conditions?

How are the trails at Horsetooth? did you guys get much snow last night?

Thanks

mtbr member

... and if we just ... i'd say more flossing is needed

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

???

I was wondering the same thing, some else posted that the devils backbone and blue sky are rideable.

Josh

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Just hiked out there today (1/19). Anything exposed to the sun is clear. Otherwise, it is hit-n-miss snow and ice. Personally, I am not going to ride out there yet....but that is me.

mtbr member
    I was able to ride the pine ridge natural area and behind the stadium up Maxwell today. The trails are nice on maxwell. Pineridge wasn't so fun, lots of ice.

This is how it started...
    We got out early this morning and rode up Towers Trail. Many icy spots but ridable all the way to the intersection of Mill Creek Trail. Towers is actually a road so most of it had been bladed off as they are doing Mistletoe mitigation at the top.
    Tried to ride down Mill Creek Trail and there was to much snow on the trail. Tried some of the offshoots of Tower Trail like Stout and Carey Springs and again too much snow. Thought about riding Nomad or over to Blue Sky but coming down we got really cold. So rode back to Soderberg Lot and packed it up. It was worth braving the 14 degree weather though!

slow
    Maxwell and Shoreline were good this afternoon, but, as mentioned above, Pineridge is way icy and not worth messing with.

giddy up
    So I rode Devils Backbone and it is all good. A couple of icy spots but nothing big. I rode most of the trail so almost to soderberg trailhead (starting from Loveland) and it was completely dry/frozen. This was my first time riding this trail and did it on my rigid SS 29er. Perfect SS trail but would have liked some suspension for sure. Only saw a couple of other riders and few hikers.

cheers and good rides to all.

I had a blast.

mtbr member
    Hiked around the waterfall... this area is now hikers only. First there is a sign saying so and second it is very icy. Some dirt but most of the track from Wathem down is slippery beyond fun.