Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

a Home in Moab?!?

Friends,

I'm new to this forum (CK sent me here); I Hope I am not posting an innapropriate message .... still at that risk.....

I moved to Moab from Marin 25 years ago! I've run my course and times have changed ... I'm ready to go!

I have a beautiful home for sale; a rare artesian spring (25 gpm), the largest trees, a historic adobe building (1886). a six bed/five bath home currently running a B&B, swimming pool, three building lots, all on about four acres. $850,000!

Also, the "back ten" are availible, approved for five homes. $380,000

It is well known around these parts as the Heart of the Desert.

anyone interested?

Witz

Moab

mtbr member

skillz to pay billz
    I'll put that on my holiday wish list...

yeah thats what I'll do

Oh, So Interesting!
    If I can get a 3300 year loan at zero percent, I'm in!

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

Yappy little dog!

Geez!

Rough crowd. Give the guy a break, it's hard to sell property anywhere right now. Don't think I didn't do something similar to sell my Joisey home.

Anyway...

Sounds like a nice place. I just don't think Moab is a big enough draw year round to be have a large enough B&B income to support the mortgage. The fact that you left out your occupancy rate, sort of leads me to believe that is true.

Anyway, good luck on the sale.

Shattering Glass
    And the address issss?

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers
    Rough crowd. Give the guy a break, it's hard to sell property anywhere right now.
    I don't give a rat's a$$. Keep it out of the forum.

Yappy little dog!
    [QUOTE=SkaredShtles]I don't give a rat's a$$. Keep it out of the forum. [/QUOT/E]

/Rant On/

Oh please. Yeah, I know how you all respond to spam here all too well. No wonder it's the same ten people posting over and over again. When one of the 10 have something to "sell" it's never a problem, though.

Let it be and just move on. It was semi on-topic anyway since it was in Moab.

/Rant Off/

/By the way, I put SPAM in my signature on every single message I post here .
    //Twice
    ///Sometimes even three times.

rubber side down
    [QUOTE=schnauzers]
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    I don't give a rat's a$$. Keep it out of the forum. [/QUOT/E]

/Rant On/

Oh please. Yeah, I know how you all respond to spam here all too well. No wonder it's the same ten people posting over and over again. When one of the 10 have something to "sell" it's never a problem, though.

Let it be and just move on. It was semi on-topic anyway since it was in Moab.

/Rant Off/

/By the way, I put SPAM in my signature on every single message I post here .
    //Twice
    ///Sometimes even three times.
    I agree. Like it's THAT hard to move onto the next thread about Apex, and how dowhillers suck, and that cross country riders are wusses, or how 29'ers suck, and that anyone who rides a 29'er is a snob, or is tall...blaa blaa blaa...Personally, it's amazing to think of anything in Moab selling for $850k. I'm grateful for the post.

R

skillz to pay billz
    Rough crowd. Give the guy a break, it's hard to sell property anywhere right now. Don't think I didn't do something similar to sell my Joisey home.

Anyway...
    hardly think the responses were that rough. Thought you would have thicker skin coming from jersey.

anyway this thread is useless w/o pics.

bacon! bacon! bacon!

Let it be and just move on.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    hardly think the responses were that rough. Thought you would have thicker skin coming from jersey.
    South Jersey - The Appalachia of NJ.

anyway this thread is useless w/o pics.
    Now that is true.

skillz to pay billz
    loves me some google
    http://www.moabutah.com/RealEstate/R...?ptid=2&pid=10

nice, it's like a desert oasis
    *starts saving pennies
    Last edited by nOOby; 11-20-2007 at 08:28 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    If I had that kind of money to spend I think I could actually afford to buy a fixer house in Boulder

skillz to pay billz
    or three in ned

MK_
    carpe mañana
    Quote Originally Posted by weimie
    If I had that kind of money to spend I think I could actually afford to buy a fixer house in Boulder
    Buying a house in Boulder isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is, provided, you can accommodate some roommates. I got a place near Lucky's and live with two guys who pay roughly half the mortgage which leaves me with a chunk slightly higher than getting a fancy one bedroom near downtown.

That being said, one of my old roommates just bought a place in Denver, a two bedroom condo, somewhere near Fillmore, which may not be the best neighborhood, and his mortgage is like $680 with zero down. Man, I wish Boulder was this cheap.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

enlightened.
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    That being said, one of my old roommates just bought a place in Denver, a two bedroom condo, somewhere near Fillmore, which may not be the best neighborhood, and his mortgage is like $680 with zero down. Man, I wish Boulder was this cheap.
    Capitol Hill is actually a pretty cool neighborhood. While I wouldn't recommend leaving your high-end rigs locked up outside, I generally felt safe there. It's a nice walkable neighborhood with real character. My only gripe with Capitol Hill is my disdain for strapping my mtb to the car to ride it. I suppose you could say the same for Boulder...

MK_
    carpe mañana
    Quote Originally Posted by athalliah
    My only gripe with Capitol Hill is my disdain for strapping my mtb to the car to ride it. I suppose you could say the same for Boulder...
    For the most part, but there are lots of trails you can pedal to, and the fitter you are the more options you have. (not to mention the recent legalization of "social trails" on recently sold Benjamin property). And it's really hard to beat the option of taking the bus to Ned and riding back home. Not to mention the proximity of peak-to-peak goodness.

On the flip side, from Denver it is closer to Evergreen, Buff Creak, Deer Creek, etc.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Buying a house in Boulder isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is, provided, you can accommodate some roommates. I got a place near Lucky's and live with two guys who pay roughly half the mortgage which leaves me with a chunk slightly higher than getting a fancy one bedroom near downtown.

_MK
    I've tried the roommate thing....not my cup 'o tea to say the least. And I don't think I could live in a condo/townhouse...I hate other people's noise and I'm always fearing some dumba$$ falling asleep with a cigarette or something like that and burning the whole place down.

MK_
    carpe mañana
    Quote Originally Posted by weimie
    I've tried the roommate thing....not my cup 'o tea to say the least. And I don't think I could live in a condo/townhouse...I hate other people's noise and I'm always fearing some dumba$$ falling asleep with a cigarette or something like that and burning the whole place down.
    Yep, having people live in your house is a sort of therapy of letting go. But in my case it has worked out well, overall. The important thing is that it affords me to ability to live in a house (a retirement fund of sorts), have a back yard and a short walk to Wonderland Lake.

And per the negligence comment, all I can say to that is this is why I have insurance.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

skillz to pay billz
    For the most part, but there are lots of trails you can pedal to, and the fitter you are the more options you have. (not to mention the recent legalization of "social trails" on recently sold Benjamin property).
    _MK
    MK_, Do these trails hook up to betasso? thanks

MK_
    carpe mañana
    MK_, Do these trails hook up to betasso? thanks
    http://www.co.boulder.co.us/openspac...terim_Plan.pdf

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

enlightened.
    Dec 2005
    I was poking fun at ya MK...and those who say "you can't ride from the door" in Boulder in the "where should I live?" threads. Those who find the idea of riding a few miles on pavement to ride a trail so detestable that they will drive their bike amuse me.

[SIZE="1"]disclaimer: I understand that sometimes time is limited or *insert your reason here* so don't take this to heart if you do drive your bike to a TH.[/SIZE]

Your retarded
    Those who find the idea of riding a few miles on pavement to ride a trail so detestable that they will drive their bike amuse me.
    Pssshhh... whatever.

[SIZE=1]disclaimer: I understand that sometimes time is limited or *insert your reason here* so don't take this to heart if you do drive your bike to a TH.[/SIZE]
    Oh.

A trail that’s too difficult wouldn’t exist because it’d never be used. But, trails can exist that’re too difficult for you.

Rolling
    I was looking at condos in Moab for a rental pool, place to stay, investment a few years ago and thought $160 k was too much, then $180k, then $200k, ...and recently $240k for basically the same ones. Ridiculous.

Now I don't even see those places on the market.

......I was wishing they will get back to below $200k with this housing decline.

I have noticed rental rates have sharply increased in the past year there though. New energy boom perhaps?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast