contains quinine

holy crap! it snowed!

so i guess the weatherman was right, or wrong, depending on the weatherman. it's kinda nice to see some snow dumping again to remind us about the season really is winter... however, i really want to RIDE MY BIKE, and we've got about 4" in louisville already... i don't believe much the ol' weatherman says, so could someone, anyone, post some suggestions for a front range ride location for the weekend? Did the gholden vortex get hammered? or the horsetooth area?

thanks!
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

ride

snowin

Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    i don't believe much the ol' weatherman says, so could someone, anyone, post some suggestions for a front range ride location for the weekend? Did the gholden vortex get hammered? or the horsetooth area?

thanks!
    I want to ride, too, but I think we're out o' luck for hitting dirt this weekend. Estes is reporting over a foot! Oh well, that'll mean that area will be more primed for summer. They've got some catch up to do.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

single track ****

backbone has about 4"

Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    so i guess the weatherman was right, or wrong, depending on the weatherman. it's kinda nice to see some snow dumping again to remind us about the season really is winter... however, i really want to RIDE MY BIKE, and we've got about 4" in louisville already... i don't believe much the ol' weatherman says, so could someone, anyone, post some suggestions for a front range ride location for the weekend? Did the gholden vortex get hammered? or the horsetooth area?

thanks!

Lou, the dogs,and I laid some tracks last night. Was slick and fun. By the time we went out our tracks from way in were nearly covered w/ new snow. Visibility was awesome- no lights were really necessary. I'm planning on doing ride Sat. about 1 if you guys want to join. I was thinking about doing fireroad ride up buckhorn or storm mtn if gulches arn't cold enough to ride.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Were getting here in the Springs too, about 4" so far. Bummer!, especially with the nice weekend coming up.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Were getting here in the Springs too, about 4" so far. Bummer!, especially with the nice weekend coming up.
    Holy crap I have a snowday!!! We got about 4-5" in Briargate of Colorado Springs. Cool to get the day off, but yeah I must say I was disappointed that the snow came before a projected nice weekend. Especially after me and my friends started actually building behind the rampart bmx track(soon to have a few ladders/tech drops )
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

jl
    climb
    Horsetooth is pretty dry. I would also expect the Backbone to be ridable by Saturday.
    Ride On!

trail waggler

Road the Backbone this afternoon, and ...

It was SWEET! It might the only dry dirt this WE.

I thought that those were Velociraptor tracks!. I'm workin' tomorrow, but I might be goin' down to Palmer Park on Sun.!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm thinkin I might try and hit Palmer on sunday also, as long as the trails dry up a bit. I can't believe how much snow you are all reporting, at my house we got like 2"-3"...but I dont live too far from Palmer so that is definitely a good thing. I can't wait until summer. Anyone else up for a ride in Palmer if conditions are good?

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by DanD
    I'm thinkin I might try and hit Palmer on sunday also, as long as the trails dry up a bit. I can't believe how much snow you are all reporting, at my house we got like 2"-3"...but I dont live too far from Palmer so that is definitely a good thing. I can't wait until summer. Anyone else up for a ride in Palmer if conditions are good?
    Danny, what time? If you could give me a ride I'd love to hit it up with you. Unfortunately I have some church activity going on from 1-4 so maybe if the snow is mostly melted today we could hit it up at like 10ish? Let me know,
    Tony
    BTW I'm at my dad's house so if you call the number is 282-8511
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

contains quinine

the sun is a mass of incandesent gas...

so, decided to avoid the muck and embrace the snow and wind. went xcountry skiing west of the peak to peak towards rainbow lakes (started just past the southerly end of the sourdough trail). I was only able to embrace the wind and snow for so long... it was a bitter bitter day up there. but still fun, of course...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Obviously Single

New question here. So what's Horsetooth like now/

Quote Originally Posted by jl
    Horsetooth is pretty dry. I would also expect the Backbone to be ridable by Saturday.
    Any report on what Horsetooth is like today (Saturday)?

I'd love to try to ride it tomorrow (Sunday).

Anyone else interested? I want to do a 2.5 hour ride.
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Danny, what time? If you could give me a ride I'd love to hit it up with you. Unfortunately I have some church activity going on from 1-4 so maybe if the snow is mostly melted today we could hit it up at like 10ish? Let me know,
    Tony
    BTW I'm at my dad's house so if you call the number is 282-8511

Hmmm, I have a church thing thats going to last till about noon, sucky