mtbr member
    Jun 2007

high plains, marshall mesa

Conditions please if anyone knows, thanks

feel the Force
    If you ride it at dawn, you'll find the trail still frozen. After that you'll find it muddy and messy.
    A punctured bicycle
    on a hillside desolate,
    will nature make a man of me yet...
    -Morrissey

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Anyone been over to marshall in last couple days, was hoping to ride there tomorrow if dry enough, otherwise head to GM.

Perpetually single track
    Quote Originally Posted by brokefork
    Anyone been over to marshall in last couple days, was hoping to ride there tomorrow if dry enough, otherwise head to GM.
    rode it last night when it was mostly frozen...I imagine it'd be messy if you ride when it wasn't frozen...ride early or really late.....

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I rode this morning, got there around 9am. Rode til about 11 and it only got muddy (thawed out) towards the end. Pretty much covered all the trail out there. Ventured over towards Eldo Sprgs and found a bit of mud (like 48ft worth). Despite that, the rest of the trail is ride-able

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by edmiston9
    I rode this morning, got there around 9am. Rode til about 11 and it only got muddy (thawed out) towards the end. Pretty much covered all the trail out there. Ventured over towards Eldo Sprgs and found a bit of mud (like 48ft worth). Despite that, the rest of the trail is ride-able
    Did you ride high plains, it seems to stay muddy longer as well as Flatirons vista up in the trees.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brokefork
    Did you ride high plains, it seems to stay muddy longer as well as Flatirons vista up in the trees.

Didn't ride high plains. Took GB PLateua across 93 and then to Flatirons Vista (where the 48ft of mud was). Nearly all of the snow packed trail (maybe a 1/4 worth) was dirt on not-solid ice so it was rideable. The trees at the top near Spring Brook were absolutely dry and railing the corners made me wish for spring time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks, I'm heading up now. If high plains looks good I'll try it and post later. Of course it's going to snow tomorrow so who knows what the future is.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    marshall mesa=good, couple muddy spots
    greebelt-good
    high plains=good until the last bridge, then pretty muddy, turned around
    flatirons vista=couple muddy spots
    dowdy draw=muddy on the top half and some mud down to community ditch, walked around the worst parts
    springbrook=couple muddy spots
    cowdrey=didn't try, looked drifted and muddy

Of course it's going to snow, but if we don't get too much, may be rideable fairly soon.