mtbr member
    Apr 2004

New question here. High Gear Cyclery, Longmont

New owners? Just curious.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Who said Punisher?
    Okay, i got this mixed up so bad it is not funny. It was Bike and Hike that is under new management, not High Gear. The building was for sale the high gear was in but that is the only thign going on there and was reinforced when I asked Buzz (owner of HG) and he was not selling as far as he knew! Bike and Hike is still the shop that I used to go to....not High Gear.. Everytime I go in there, I cannot get help and if you find someone, they give you the feeling you are just bothering them or asking dumb questions.

Yep, as of the spring I think. Have not been in there since the change over though so I do not know anything about the new owners. I live on the opposite side of town from them but taht is where I had a head set pressed in or something of the like before I had the tools do it myself. They always were super friendly and fast turn around. J
    Last edited by VAhardtail; 08-23-2007 at 10:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I ran into a previous employee of High Gear and though there may not be new ownership, if you had frequented the shop in the past you likely won't recognize any of their employees now. I guess several left at once for various reasons.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    To my knowledge, High Gear hasn't changed owners, but has changed a lot of employees, and may still be looking (but don't quote me on that).

Bike-n-Hike I think has new owners, but I haven't been there in so long I wouldn't know. I was soured on their customer service, so hopefully that's improved.