t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep

Hidden Mesa- pretty torn up

Hidden Mesa

Been working down south and snuck out a little early today. not sure what to expect as castle rock is pretty dry-ish. The double track heading out was mostly dry but rutted from tires and hooves. Alot of horse property adjacent to TH so it makes sense for horse traffic. But i did see alot of tire ruts. Everything was dry so i kept going. love that short rock section!

Hidden Mesa- pretty torn up-hidden-mesa-005.jpg

Hidden Mesa- pretty torn up-hidden-mesa-007.jpg

Hidden Mesa- pretty torn up-hidden-mesa-008.jpg

Hidden Mesa- pretty torn up-hidden-mesa-010.jpg

Hidden Mesa- pretty torn up-hidden-mesa-012.jpg

Hidden Mesa- pretty torn up-hidden-mesa-014.jpg

Didn't take any pics of the trail damage, trust me its there. Fun little short trail for an out and back to the cherry creek tr then back up the short 560' gain back to the mesa top then rolls up top on the prairie and rocks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hidden Mesa- pretty torn up-hidden-mesa-003.jpg  

I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    Bummed I missed you while near my side of town. Next time for sure!

Your bike is incorrigible
    HM is definitely a fun little romp. Every time I ride there I can't help but think about other possibilities in the rock section. There could probably be at least one more trail, maybe another half mile, dropping down a little at the beginning of the rocks and joining the main trail again by the last step up (if you're going counter clockwise).

Alaskan in exile.

Hidden Mesa Conditions

Rode it today after work (about 3:30p). Trail was frozen solid and thus, rideable. Like others said above, it is still rough from tire ruts, foot traffic, and deep horse prints. The rock garden is fine shape and the higher, exposed sections are dry. However, you can definitely tell the lower, shady spots would be a sloppy mess in warmer temps. To summarize:

< 32 deg F = yep
    > 32 deg F = nope

nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.