mtbr member

Helter Skelter was 'open' today

... and I did not bring a camera! Sorry for that. If anybody took a picture please post.

Now, the trail was not advertised as open. But the entry (as well as the exit) was clearly marked and no closed sign was posted. The trail in itself was not marked. I doubt it ever will, nor does it actually need that. It is not a trail anyway. What it comes down to is 100 feet wide gap in the forrest. Straight down in the fall line of a very steep slope. That is what you go down. Straight. Down in three steps. Slope, horizontal, slope horizontal, slope - exit to the left. The horizontals are about 30 feet and provide just enough space to brake and brace for the next slope.

Very similiar feeling to the steep thing in High-Speed-Dirt. Just that the slopes are way longer.

We should advertise this as a blue trail (there are no obstacles) and watch the yard sale.

mtbr member
    It has been "open" for the last 2 weekends. I agree not a real trail but still a good test of brake control!

e-misanthrope
    It should be interesting to see what the trail turns into once it's seen a bit more use and all of the loose stuff is gone.
    Don't waive your rights with your flags.

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    I got word that they are gonna build a real trail in there with switchbacks and the such. Pretty fun to ride in its sketchy form now though.