It's about showing up.

Help valuing a Lenz

I've come across a used '03 Lenz Revelation here in California in respectable shape and I can't find a valuation for it. It isn't very well known here but I thought the contributors in thsi forum might have a better handle on it's value and reputation.

Help?

It's about showing up.

Okay....

So my son is riding this rig on spec with a Rolhoff hub. He is a High School racer of some ability and loving it. Does anyone have ANY info on this bike?

jl
    climb
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike
    Does anyone have ANY info on this bike?
    '03 rev frame was probably ~$1500. It's a great bike, but depreciation is depreciation. I would say that it's probably valued at ~40% of original value. But that's just me looking at it from a pure depreciation model. The motto is, it's worth what someone will pay for it.

I don't know if this helps you or not...
    We don't need more to be thankful for; we just need to be more thankful.

Awesomist™
    I don't know anything about that Lenz at all. The only Lenz I've ridden is the DH bike, and it pretty rode well. Are you gonna turn that Revelation into one of these... ?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mT6pDvkmtFM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mT6pDvkmtFM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

It's about showing up.

Thes are insanely cool

but no.

lucky enough
    I'd say that nowadays Lenz is making some of the best 29ers out there.
    "Don't take life so serious, son . . . it ain't no how permanent." - Porky Pine

mtbr member

I want one!

Do they actually allow those on the slopes?

Looks like skiing with a seat, for when your legs get tired, and something to keep your hands in the perfect position (handlebars).

I want to see those in some big moguls.
    What, me worry?

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sked
    Do they actually allow those on the slopes?

Looks like skiing with a seat, for when your legs get tired, and something to keep your hands in the perfect position (handlebars).

I want to see those in some big moguls.
    They do - Devin Lenz (who offered snow bikes last time I checked) took several of us from the Mojo DH team up a couple of seasons ago. I got stuck with a smaller pink version which was kinda Barbie looking (being pink and all) - but you could actually carve - not slide - a 360 on the thing. They're fun, the one I rode stuck to the ground like you wouldn't believe. Jumping is a bit different without the directional stability offered by actual wheels, but it's not too far off.
    Now with more vitriol!

Members who have read this thread: 0