skillz to pay billz

heil + wild turkey = open yet?

is the wild turkey section open for biznazz yet?

Who said Punisher?
    For sure not. The loop is not finished and will not be for at least another 30 days or more. Still more trail to build even after the big weekend of trail building. Things are hard enough as it is, so please stay off folks and be patient!

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    is the wild turkey section open for biznazz yet?
    I doubt it. I was there a little while ago and Wild Turkey still needed a lot of work and the trail cut out at one point and I had to hike out to main loop. There's some good trail there, but there haven't been any trail work roll calls for it and I don't think it is done.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

skillz to pay billz
    thanks for the responses. _mk better watch your back

Who said Punisher?
    Mk already has eyes in the back of his head so no worries there...

Actually there was a big trail day there last Saturday and a tone of work was done--but just not quite enough--damn it! SO close!

Card Carrying Member
    Is it possible to get in on the next work day?

ride
    After last Saturday's work day on Wild Turkey, there is still about 400 feet left to build. With pressure from BMA, Boulder County responded that the trail will be open within 30 days.

I believe that the county will be finishing this last section on their own. The next work day is in October - we'll be working on the trail connection that goes from Heil to Lyons.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

dirty trail dog
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    After last Saturday's work day on Wild Turkey, there is still about 400 feet left to build. With pressure from BMA, Boulder County responded that the trail will be open within 30 days.

I believe that the county will be finishing this last section on their own. The next work day is in October - we'll be working on the trail connection that goes from Heil to Lyons.
    Is there an updated map yet that includes the new sections? I looked around Boulder's Open Space site but couldn't find anything. I'm just curious. I used to ride Heil a lot when I lived out there and wanted to see what it's going to look like. Thanks
    yep...

Rolling
    I was up there yesterday. Nobody was working on it from the County although the tractor was there with a big rock retaining wall being assembled for the east fork.

On the note of Heil. I felt like I rode a jack hammer after that ride. It's so bumpy now days. I liked it but it's a lot slower trail than in days past.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebus
    Is there an updated map yet that includes the new sections? I looked around Boulder's Open Space site but couldn't find anything. I'm just curious. I used to ride Heil a lot when I lived out there and wanted to see what it's going to look like. Thanks
    I think this map is being followed

skillz to pay billz
    so How would hall and heil actually be connected in the end? A short road ride? Or is there a plan for a connector trail?

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    so How would hall and heil actually be connected in the end? A short road ride? Or is there a plan for a connector trail?
    There are plans for a trail through town.

http://www.co.boulder.co.us/openspac...outes_BOCC.pdf

There will be no direct way to cross the road and just head up to Heil. These decisions were made mainly because there is a 20 year wait to get an easement through the quarry.

http://www.co.boulder.co.us/openspac...s_12_21_05.pdf

When it's all done, it's going to be a very long ride if you do both. I usually do Heil from my door, and it's over 35 miles round trip. Add 10 for hall, and another 8 on the connector and back. That is 53 miles.

dirty trail dog
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    I think this map is being followed
    Sweet! Thanks, lidarman.
    yep...

skillz to pay billz
    yep, thanks

contains quinine
    I was up there today, there was a volunteer day but it didn't look as thought they were working on the trail. I saw them head up in a 'berbon, but didn't see it parked at the tool trailer, and all the tools were stacked up at the southerly edge of the loop.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

connector trail work

Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr

I will keep an eye out for this one. i would like to make this work day for sure