mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Heading to Denver Metro Next Week- Where to Ride

I'm heading to Castle Rock next week for a week or so. I usually head out to Colorado every winter and visit with a buddy of mine. I have flown out every time but this round I'm driving- mainly so I can bring my mountain bike.

What are some decent trails I can hit? I have a front suspension 29er. Here in Saint Louis we generally only have cross county trails so that's pretty much what I'm looking to ride. I'm hoping to keep the drive within an hour or two from Castle Rock.

Thanks for any advice!

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Follow the chatter on the Front Range trail condition threads. There may or may not be mtb trails available due to snow and/or mud. Otherwise you'd have to drive out to the far western slope or even the Moab are but even those places get snow off and on through the winter.

mtbr member
    i rode at bobcat ridge last sunday, it is all good. some packed snow here and there but 95% dry. we are not getting any snow this week so it will be good. you will need to drive up north but it is under 2 hr drive.
    HuRa
    architecture and interior design
    website facebook

mtbr member
    Has anyone heard or ridden Curt Gowdy lately? Just curious, how the snow conditions are up there? I think the storms that hit Golden missed up there.