mtbr member
    Sep 2009

headed to Denver

I'm headed up to Denver in a couple weeks for work. I won't have time to ride, but I thought I might stop by a bike shop or two in my free time. Anyone wanna rec some of the shops with the most bikes and gear?

Since I'm not really after anything specific and I come from an area where bike shops are typically about the size of a coat closet, I'd just like to go to a shop with a ton of gear.

Thanks

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    I'd check out Wheat Ridge Cyclery. They're not my favorite shop of cool people, but they have a pretty huge selection.

http://www.ridewrc.com

Your bike is incorrigible
    I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying it, but Mojo is the place to go for huge selection.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Derby Cycles also...was in there once and they have a bunch of stuff.

That covers about three extremely different part of town (Wheat Ridge in the northweat, Derby in the North and Mojo in the South West).

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Heh, since I don't know where the hotel is that I'm staying at, I'll probably be somewhat near at least one shop.

I'll also be able to go thru Colo Springs if I so choose and know there are bike shops there. Any of them I need to stop along the way to see?

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    I'll get flamed for this for sure... but Colorado Cyclist is in the Springs.

banned
    Oct 2004
    Don't do it! It'll cost you a crap-ton of money and up-root you from your present home. Ignorance is bliss! If you never know what D-town is like, you won't want to move here and spend the time and effort...
    Just say NO to your boss!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    1. I go to Denver 2 or 3 times a year. Just never went to one of the bike shops.
    2. If the town has over about 100,000 people in it, there is zero chance I'd be willing to live there full time.
    3. Unfortunately, I am the boss and cannot turn myself down. Especially since I'm accepting an award for a deceased family member with other family members present.

If it wasn't for traffic Denver wouldn't be too bad. I could live outside of town somewhere near, though.

Members who have read this thread: 0