mtbr member

Has Limbaugh Canyon's exit been corrected?

Does anyone know if the private property issue at the end of Limbaugh Canyon been rectified? I know Medicine Wheel was working with another group (?) on a deal to gain access through/around this property, but I can't find any info on this issue. The singletrack through Limbaugh is way sweet and I'd like to get back up there to ride it, but only when the access is corrected. I know there are alternate routes, but it bypasses that last stretch of fun singletrack.

The last time I rode this trail, I was on my C'dale tandem w/ my wife and we "blued" the front rotor on the desents! Awesome!

skillz to pay billz
    A bag of oxycotin should do the trick

I think I can.

Sounds like it is close

I talked with Tim at Balanced Rock Bike shop the other day and he has stated with a degree of confidence that access off of Limbaugh will be granted around the West side of the water tower and connect with the trail behind the houses on the North West corner of M.H. All trails will be on forestry land so the biggest obstacle will be to design a trail that is sustainable for years to come after getting the go ahead.
    There are defined areas the trail will be built but the areas in question will take serious work with as many bodies as possible, when the request comes out for a trail work days for that area an all call could make it happen in a day or two of work.

The nice thing about this extension is it will complete the full loop around M.H without ever seeing a fireroad or city streets.

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO
    The nice thing about this extension is it will complete the full loop around M.H without ever seeing a fireroad or city streets.
    Count me in for a build day or two if it means bypassing the roads.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

Inflexable...

Well, technically you will have to cross a fire road sometime...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

I think I can.

Wink Man you engineer type

Ok, I stand corrected.

Yes you would have to cross a fireroad here and maybe there but the objective would be to create a loop with mile upon mile of single track.

Better

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

mtbr member

Keep us posted...

I would love it if someone would keep us posted on when this trail building would take place. I have been disappointed by Medicine Wheel's website, as it still had 2006 work days on it and I would only get e-mails about 1-2 days before a work event happened, not giving me time to get work off to go build trails.

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    If I remember correctly, the private land owner that closed the trail owns the McDonalds in Monument. Not that any of us would violate our bodies with that menu, but if you were thinking about it you may wish to eat elsewhere
    Proud to race for Mojo Wheels

I think I can.

... and if we just ...

So, looking at the weather I am going to get out today and ride MH, anybody interested in joining.

Last edited by JOEMTBR COLORADO; 11-20-2007 at 09:01 AM.

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

Hairshirt Rider
    So, looking at the weather I am going to get out today and ride MH, anybody interested in joining.
    Thanks Joe. Paint fumes must have gotten to you.
    Last edited by Loudpawlz; 11-20-2007 at 10:56 AM.