Thread: Hall Sunday?

theHeadlessThompsonGunner

Hall Sunday?

Thinking of riding Hall tomorrow. Any interested parties? Probably earlier, with the hopes that things won't have thawed.

Rode White Ranch/Belcher this morning, on the SS. Actually, did more walking than anything else. I DO NOT WANT TO RIDE IN 6" OF SNOWPACK AGAIN. Anyone privy to the conditions 'round Hall?
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."

-The Good Doctor

ride

Lyons Area Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by SDizzle
    Thinking of riding Hall tomorrow... Anyone privy to the conditions 'round Hall?
    Hey Sdizzle. I'm working on a website that highlights Lyons area road and mountain biking. It's a work in progress, but I've been updating my "Trail Conditions" page pretty frequently. Check it out at www.bikelyons.com, then click on the Bike Lyons! link.

I was at Hall today on foot. It was pretty muddy. If you're early bird enough to make it out super duper early when it's frozen, you should be fine, though.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

trail waggler

It was pretty snowy on Friday morning...

I stopped to ride on my way to work, and I could barely ride the singletrack from the lower to upper lot, do to the 5" of unpacked snow on the trail. I bailed and did half a 'Fruit Loop' on S. St. Vrain road.

It still looked pretty snowy and slick when I drove past yesterday, but I rode the Devil's Backbone, on the west side of Loveland, and it was GREAT! It's not a long trail(7-8 miles), but it was mostly dry, and the super fast out-and-back portion was tacky and buff!

And Larry Mettler's shop is only 1/2 mile west of the trailhead, on the north side of 34, next to the Conoco. If he's working today, you MIGHT be able to talk him into playing hooky for an hour

theHeadlessThompsonGunner

Not going riding today...

I've been figthing a cold for three days, and thought I could ride it off yesterday, and now feel even worse. I'm not going to push it, especially not in marginal conditions. Maybe Backbone tuesday or thursday?
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."

-The Good Doctor