Thread: Hall Ranch?

mtbr member

Hall Ranch?

I was sport climbing two weekends ago in the South St. Vrain and looked up at the Hall parking lot. How are the trails? If I could ride to the top of the tech stuff without mud I would happy as a clam. I don't want to be a jerk and slop it up for everyone. So, anyone been up? I know you Boulderites start gnashing your teeth if you can't get your HR up at least 10 hours a week; so, someone has definitely been on it.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by jonzinmj
    I was sport climbing two weekends ago in the South St. Vrain and looked up at the Hall parking lot. How are the trails? If I could ride to the top of the tech stuff without mud I would happy as a clam. I don't want to be a jerk and slop it up for everyone. So, anyone been up? I know you Boulderites start gnashing your teeth if you can't get your HR up at least 10 hours a week; so, someone has definitely been on it.
    Dave @redstonecyclery says it is pretty good up to the bench, some small wet spots but not too much mud. Has the appearances of being in good shape by Fri/Sat time frame.

not actually bad :)
    [QUOTE=jonzinmj]I was sport climbing two weekends ago in the South St. Vrain QUOTE]

I don't get up that way too often, but I think I need more info on this please.
    Post here or PM por favor.
    Old Codger

ride
    Yep, what Jdub said. Couple of good muddy spots up to the bench but tolerable as long as you stay on the main tread. Should be prime this weekend for the main climb anyway.

edit - check the vid GiantSaam just put up:
    A fisrt video attempt at hall 2/2/2010
    Last edited by ignazjr; 02-03-2010 at 10:23 AM.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Custom User Title
    Hey I'm new to the front range....not to MTB. Never been here is it easy to navagate? Looking to ride next weekend or when conditions are favorable. Or I might just trip down to something more southern. I'm getting tired of the road bike.
    Team MOJO Wheels.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys. Hoping to make it up there tomorrow while the rest of the world is watching expensive advertising.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Thanks guys. Hoping to make it up there tomorrow while the rest of the world is watching expensive advertising.
    Might want to head up earlier, forecast doesn't look good...

From 9news.com
    "The second storm set to impact Colorado this weekend is much larger and will cause snow to develop over the Front Range starting Sunday morning.

The snow will persist through Sunday night before ending on Monday.

Accumulation is likely for nearly everyone but snowfall amounts will vary greatly with this storm.

The most significant accumulation will occur over the mountains east of the Continental Divide and over the foothills in Jefferson, Boulder, and Larimer Counties as well as the Palmer Divide in Douglas and Elbert Counties.

These areas will see a total of 6 to 12 inches of total accumulation by late Monday. "

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    [quote=bad andy!]
    I was sport climbing two weekends ago in the South St. Vrain QUOTE]

I don't get up that way too often, but I think I need more info on this please.
    Post here or PM por favor.
    http://www.rockclimbing.com/routes/N..._Vrain_Canyon/

My wife and I dabbled a bit up there, when living in Longmont. Some good stuff, with far less traffic than other stuff down closer to Boulder/golden/
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Shattering Glass
    Trail was great today with a handful of very short sloppy spots to the bench. Decided not to drop the other side assuming it was messy. My first trail ride of the season from Longmont. Ouch! But it felt great to descend the rock garden.

I heart the drops
    Keep your tires on the trail and youll be fine. Brrraaappppppp
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"