Thread: Hall Ranch

hmmmmm

Hall Ranch

It's the first for me time riding this trail...

It is awesome! Everything that I look for in a trail... Really sweet technical, fast, fast, fast, singletrack up top...

This place is a freakin' gem...

Okay a little crowded, but... I would expect a trail this sweet to be really popular...

VooDoo user.
    Did Lyons get snow yesterday? Was thinking of hitting it today.

mtbr member
    I cant agree with you more. I rode it for the first time on Friday afternoon and it has just about everything I could want in a trail: smooth fast singletrack with some nice waterbars for air. Lots of really good, fast technical sections. No real lungburning climbs that make you wish you'd never taken up mountain biking. Challenging, but not impossible sections of technical climbing.

Freakin blast. I might hit it next weekend if it is dried out.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    Did Lyons get snow yesterday? Was thinking of hitting it today.
    Check out Dave's report:
    Redstone Blog Linkery

ride
    Glad you like the trail, Monkeyboy and Sooner. It's really good during "off peak" hours when there's no one there.

Conditions wise, it's probably ok to the bench today. The N side from the bench was kind of frozen/slimy and right before the bench was windswept and frozen. That North facing stuff will probably be ok by tomorrow until it snows again. If we get snow on wed/Thur as is the predicted potential, it'll be to the bench and back at best for this weekend. Antelope = super sloppy and probably will be for a bit.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

30 something dad
    A buddy of mine ran the whole thing on Saturday and reported that the loop was wet in spots, but totally ridable...not sure if the snow yesterday changed any of that, but wanted to pass it on...

ride
    I went up on Sunday. There was enough snow on the loop that I could stand my bike up in it without holding on to it...
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Hall prediction for 3/8 weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA monkeyboy
    It's the first for me time riding this trail...

It is awesome! Everything that I look for in a trail... Really sweet technical, fast, fast, fast, singletrack up top...

This place is a freakin' gem...

Okay a little crowded, but... I would expect a trail this sweet to be really popular...
    Yes, it is sweet and popular, extra crowded since it is the only game in town right now if you like technical. A glance northward from the overlook at the top of Hwy 36 east of Boulder tells me that it will be rideable up to the bench by the weekend. Short, but fun if you keep riding the rock garden up and down until you get tired.

That's my trail report from 20 miles away, YMMV.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by geeride7
    Yes, it is sweet and popular, extra crowded since it is the only game in town right now if you like technical. A glance northward from the overlook at the top of Hwy 36 east of Boulder tells me that it will be rideable up to the bench by the weekend. Short, but fun if you keep riding the rock garden up and down until you get tired.

That's my trail report from 20 miles away, YMMV.
    ow many miles is it up to the bench?

ride
    To the bench is probably ok now. Nelson loop and Antelope will more than likely be sloppy, though.

Jeffkenn, mileage to the bench isn't much, but it's pretty technical. You'll get a good ride in even if that's all you do.
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO