Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    90

    Hall / JeffCo - trail conditions Sunday a.m.?

    Greetings. Anyone ridden Hall or Golden trails yet today?

    It rained HARD in Lafayette last night, and I'm wondering about trail conditions.

  2. #2
    ride
    Reputation: ignazjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,847
    rained pretty good here last night, too. Give it another couple hours of sun and Hall should be perfect.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    90
    It was weird last night. Dry as a bone in Boulder, but we got back to Lafayette, and it was like a tropical cloud burst.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    90
    Just got this report from Golden: "huge storm last night. Give it til late in the afternoon."

  5. #5
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,738
    Rained hard down south Littleton area. Deer Creek prob. muddy/ soft till late afternoon.
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  6. #6
    Heathen
    Reputation: TooManyToyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    750
    Lots of rain here on GM too. Ground is still wet in my yard. Humid as h3ll too.

  7. #7
    Pivot Rider
    Reputation: Yetigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Sure hope no one got caught out on the trails around here in Golden -- it's raining like a mother out here! (not to mention the amazing lightning show accompanied by almost constant thunder!!!
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

  8. #8
    Yappy little dog!
    Reputation: schnauzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetigirl
    Sure hope no one got caught out on the trails around here in Golden -- it's raining like a mother out here! (not to mention the amazing lightning show accompanied by almost constant thunder!!!

    Saw a couple of riders coming down the end of Chimney Gulch right in the middle of a gusher. That was around 3:30. BC was BEAUTIFUL!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers
    BC was BEAUTIFUL!
    That is where I am going early tomorrow...

  10. #10
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,119
    Wow! How ironic. It hasn't rained in two weeks here on some island off of Seattle.


  11. #11
    Yappy little dog!
    Reputation: schnauzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,881
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Wow! How ironic. It hasn't rained in two weeks here on some island off of Seattle.
    Yeah, but you have to deal with all of those foo foo Micro$oft coffee freaks.

  12. #12
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,119
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers
    Yeah, but you have to deal with all of those foo foo Micro$oft coffee freaks.
    Not exactly that where I'm at. It's like Boulder on an Island. Pot-smoking hippie artsy rich coffee freaks.

    The real issue here is the office conditions and working on weekends.


  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chillmolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    159

    Where are you?

    What Island are you on? I used to live in Seattle, and am curious. By your description, I'm going to guess Bainbridge or Vashon. Or, are you in the San Juans?

    Marcia

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,416
    Great pic, Lidar.

    I hope we get some dry trails tomorrow, though it doesn't look hopeful at all.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hitek79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,300
    What's it looking like down in Pueblo or the Springs?

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Great pic, Lidar.

    I hope we get some dry trails tomorrow, though it doesn't look hopeful at all.
    Look for trails that are sand based. IF we get some good clearing tonight, the trails could be in primo shape by the a.m. The heaviest rain today was east of the foothills.

  17. #17
    Pivot Rider
    Reputation: Yetigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Look for trails that are sand based. IF we get some good clearing tonight, the trails could be in primo shape by the a.m. The heaviest rain today was east of the foothills.
    Seriously?? What was all that stuff coming down here in Golden? Of course, I have nothing to compare it to since I was sitting and looking out the window -- but it sure did seem rather heavy! Can't imagine what it was like east of the foothills then!
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetigirl
    Seriously?? What was all that stuff coming down here in Golden? Of course, I have nothing to compare it to since I was sitting and looking out the window -- but it sure did seem rather heavy! Can't imagine what it was like east of the foothills then!
    My unofficial rain gauge in South Denver had us at 1.5 inches of water from that burst this afternoon.

    Looking at NOAA totals puts .75 in Evergreen and 1.30 in the Lakehood/Golden area

  19. #19
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,119
    Quote Originally Posted by chillmolly
    What Island are you on? I used to live in Seattle, and am curious. By your description, I'm going to guess Bainbridge or Vashon. Or, are you in the San Juans?

    Marcia
    Currently, Orcas, Eastsound. Perfect bike weather here.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pixelninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,044
    Any idea how the trails look this (monday) AM around Golden?
    "If you suck, that means I'm better. The more you suck, the better I am. So. Let me count the ways you suck." - Scribb

  21. #21
    Pivot Rider
    Reputation: Yetigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelninja
    Any idea how the trails look this (monday) AM around Golden?
    Rather wet, I'm afraid.....
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

  22. #22
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,738

    Deer Creek Perfect!

    Just the right amount of tackiness!! With the pine needles covering the trail it was nice and quiet with the occasional yield to a hiker. Dodged all the rain and had perfect conditions. So if you DVR the Nuggets game go hit the trails and prob. won't be too crowded.

    No mud what so -ever. Hit both loops and reversed them both starting at the rattlesnake gulch TH.
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Buffalo Creek was spectacular, but for some mechanical issues.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •