Thread: Hall and Heil

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hall and Heil

Are Hall and Heil still alright to ride when snowy? Any other trail suggestions in the Front Range?

Thanks

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nipp
    Are Hall and Heil still alright to ride when snowy? Any other trail suggestions in the Front Range?

Thanks

I rode both of them today... Posting a ride report here in just a few... 'soon as my pics D/L.

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by nipp

Thanks
    Hall, Rabbit Mt, and Devil's Backbone are always the first to dry in the northern front range. Heil usually stays really muddy as the bottom entrance to the singletrack is clay caking mud.

Right now, there's still a lot of snow in Lyons. After today's sun, Hall and Rabbit will be getting better, but the frontside of Hall will probably be slop factor 11. Antelope trail and Nelson loop at Hall are still snowpacked, probably with iced in footprints. Rabbit Mt stays sloppy a tad longer, but isn't nearly as enjoyable of a ride.

Might be another couple days before things are rocking at Hall Ranch. Try to go up really early or really late whilst conditions are still frozen if you go.

Devil's Backbone is up in Loveland. It's been in great shape, but I haven't heard what it's like since the most recent storm. More snow fell in the Northern foothills than down near Denver.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO