Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    skillz to pay billz

hall + freak snow event?

just curious if lyons got any of that snow last night. There was 3-4 inches in boulder canyon and nothing at my place off magnolia. I was planning a hall ride for early Saturday and was curious about snow totals there. thanks!

crashes in parkinglot
    I've heard Longmont didn't get much snow. Gun Barrel got accumulation last night (ice roads), Longmont sounds like most of the snow didn't stick.

enlightened.
    Dec 2005
    Golden was dry but once you pass Indiana the roads were all slop.

bbc
    Bueno!
    It snowed in Lyons, but not at Hall!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by athalliah
    Golden was dry but once you pass Indiana the roads were all slop.
    Yeah, really wierd.....nothing in Golden at all.

skillz to pay billz
    Quote Originally Posted by bbc
    It snowed in Lyons, but not at Hall!
    are you serious? I've heard people lie on the internet

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Estes got no snow.

bbc
    Bueno!
    It'll be good to go on Sat. The loop will be muddy as all get out.

skillz to pay billz
    ignizir needs a web cam at redstone

edit: or BBC

My cup runneth over
    No snow in the Green Mountain vicinity either - very tempting to try a daylight ride.

bbc
    Bueno!

Best I could do at the moment

skillz to pay billz
    excellent thanks!

Feeding your addiction
    Nothing in Loveland either. Squeaky and I are riding at 1:30 today if anyone is interested.
    Either Bobcat or Devil's Backbone.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama
    Nothing in Loveland either. Squeaky and I are riding at 1:30 today if anyone is interested.
    Either Bobcat or Devil's Backbone.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    Shouldn't Squeaky be spending valuable time malpracticing on his patients while over billing the client's insurance company and prescribing meds that they do not need?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Boulder / Lafayette got about 3-4" of snow. Roads were complete ice this morning but are now just slop.

If we don't get snow again tomorrow...it should be gone by the weekend....off the roads that is.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by weimie
    Boulder / Lafayette got about 3-4" of snow. Roads were complete ice this morning but are now just slop.
    I had a good ride in to work...except for constantly having to worry about falling on long stretches of ice.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    I had a good ride in to work...except for constantly having to worry about falling on long stretches of ice.
    Wow...you rode in today, your tougher than I am. I saw one guy riding down Valmont this morning and I thought he was crazy, the roads were complete ice.

Only a few things keep me from riding in, a snow storm currently happening, the day after a snow storm (roads are such crap) and negative degree temps.

The bike messenger girl that delivers to my bf's shop said she slid under a cop car that was at an accident scene. She was riding her fixie and just couldn't stop, skidded on some ice and ended up sliding sideways under the cop car....

Your retarded
    Did she receive a careless driving ticket: failure to control her vehicle?
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Did she receive a careless driving ticket: failure to control her vehicle?
    It was in Boulder.....maybe. What would have been funnier is if she took the cop out also while she was sliding

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by weimie
    Wow...you rode in today, your tougher than I am. I saw one guy riding down Valmont this morning and I thought he was crazy, the roads were complete ice.

Stupid might be the better word. I was tricked because the dirt path from my house in Gunbarrel was not icy and neither was the cottonwood trail. It really started when I got to Foothills Pkwy at Valmont---all the way to work on 27th and Broadway.

I think it will be worse going home in the dark, so I think I will be taking the bus as far as I can.

Did anyone get caught in the cluster fuuk leaving Boulder last night? I was fortunately going the other way on S Boulder road, while traffic was at a standstill from the cars that couldn't get up the hill.

skillz to pay billz
    other than the white out going up canyon, I was luckily spared.
    Last edited by nOOby; 01-31-2008 at 02:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Did anyone get caught in the cluster fuuk leaving Boulder last night? I was fortunately going the other way on S Boulder road, while traffic was at a standstill from the cars that couldn't get up the hill.
    My bf was caught riding home last night at around 7pm. He said the roads were so bad that he was passing cars on his bike. After a while he had to just jump on the sidewalks because there was fresh snow to ride in instead of slushy, snowy car tracks in the bike lane.

Old, stale, negative
    Heil and Hall are as dry as they were On the weekend. Weird I know but man at least we have somewhere to go for now.

contains quinine

Oh yes, I usually head south on 75th out of Gunbarrel to Louisville, but my wife had me stop at REI to get a giftcard. 36 was a mess, so I headed up S. Boulder, and an hour later, makeing it just far enough to see the traffic light at the bottom of the hill, I u-turned and took Cherryvale to Marshall to Superinferior to home, a mere 30 minutes after the u-turn. Some jackball on Marshall Road stopped in the middle of the lane to shake out the snow on his wipers, freaking idiot.

This morning there were 10 police-taped cars on the S. Boulder hill - including a Lotus Elise(!??!) and 2 or 3 cars were still abondoned this evening on 36.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    Oh yes, I usually head south on 75th out of Gunbarrel to Louisville, but my wife had me stop at REI to get a giftcard. 36 was a mess, so I headed up S. Boulder, and an hour later, makeing it just far enough to see the traffic light at the bottom of the hill, I u-turned and took Cherryvale to Marshall to Superinferior to home, a mere 30 minutes after the u-turn. Some jackball on Marshall Road stopped in the middle of the lane to shake out the snow on his wipers, freaking idiot.

This morning there were 10 police-taped cars on the S. Boulder hill - including a Lotus Elise(!??!) and 2 or 3 cars were still abondoned this evening on 36.
    And some bike-commuter passed me on the shoulder of S. Boulder cruising past all the cars as though nothing was going on.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast