Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hall is fine.

No Titus anymore...

Hall is fine.

This may be obvious by now, but Hall is bone dry to the loop. The loop had 4 sections of short muddy, but totally rideable by last night.
    Ride on, rider. Ride on.

VooDoo user.
    I rode up to the loop on sunday and skipped riding it. The entrance to the loop looked horrible. Bet by the weekend it will all be dry. (weather pemiting of course).

ride
    Yeah, last night was good. We had a strong crew up there (11 riders) for our Tuesday night ride. The plan was to ride Hall, bust it out before dark, then click the lights on and keep riding for another hour or so on local Lyons roads and paths. We were climbing up the rock garden around 6:40 and a guy on an Ellsworth comes bombing down. Gave every single one of us grief for night riding there, even though it was daylight. Even tried to take out one of our riders as he was climbing. Sheesh. In case you're reading this, self righteous Ellsworth man, we were out before we needed lights.

The loop looked good n' tacky, but we skipped it so we could make it out before dark Got another hour in riding the local ghetto singletrack, too. It was a good ride for a super nice day.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

bbc
    Bueno!
    You gotta love the time change! We saw that guy as well. Said hello, he did not.

skillz to pay billz
    haha. preaching to the choir

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by bbc
    You gotta love the time change! We saw that guy as well. Said hello, he did not.
    I've been seeing him up there for years. Because he always exhibits the same refined courtesy and pleasant demeanor that he showed last night, he has earned the nickname "Hall Ranch Hero."
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Goofing off?
    What happened to the clothesline thread? Is it applicable here? j/k

"Furruccio....Bite Me!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    I've been seeing him up there for years. Because he always exhibits the same refined courtesy and pleasant demeanor that he showed last night, he has earned the nickname "Hall Ranch Hero."

was it a black Ells? I was in town this weekend and ran into a guy on a black ells, said hello, nothing in return. I was climbing and he didn't bother to move yield an inch of trail. Nice.

ride
    Zeke - I think it was either gray or black. Mav fork, too.
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Oh, So Interesting!
    I've seen that guy... riding a bike doesn't seem to make him happier.

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

Team Blindspot
    I can verify that Hall is great condition. Up to the bench anyway. That's all the time I had.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    Yeah, last night was good. We had a strong crew up there (11 riders) for our Tuesday night ride. The plan was to ride Hall, bust it out before dark, then click the lights on and keep riding for another hour or so on local Lyons roads and paths. We were climbing up the rock garden around 6:40 and a guy on an Ellsworth comes bombing down. Gave every single one of us grief for night riding there, even though it was daylight. Even tried to take out one of our riders as he was climbing. Sheesh. In case you're reading this, self righteous Ellsworth man, we were out before we needed lights.

The loop looked good n' tacky, but we skipped it so we could make it out before dark Got another hour in riding the local ghetto singletrack, too. It was a good ride for a super nice day.
    I'm not the Ellsworth guy!

But I too was wondering about your group heading up at dusk. Even if you were off the trail before needing lights, the fact you were riding with lights gives an entirely different impression. It doesn't require a rude confrontation though, I'm not trying to find the Ellsworth guy.

It was a great ride. A Winter of spinning did not maintain leg strength for me, I need more consistent mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    "Halls Ranch Hero"... I like it!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonny boy
    A Winter of spinning did not maintain leg strength for me, I need more consistent mountain biking.

Hell, a Winter of XC/Touring has not helped me either. All the talk about skiing being such a great conditioner for MBing... BS. Still, great to be on the bike again.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

..ouch
    Nice.. I was thinking I might buzz over there this evening for a ride if I can skip out of work early enough. With 240 lbs behind me riding on a 40 pound bike it could be interesting to see how not yielding will work out for the guy. Maybe I should toss on the full-face for effect.

Evening rides.. I love DST.

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny boy
    the fact you were riding with lights gives an entirely different impression.
    Indeed, I do not disagree. When I asked Hall Ranch Hero if he would like to have a discussion about riding legally (he heard me, I asked as he passed), he ignored me and kept on riding.

Anyway, not to beat a dead horse. It was a great day. If anyone's interested, we ride Tuesday's at 6. We'll be riding Hall for the next month or so simply because it's close and we can ride it before dark. Bring your lights, though, because we need to ride safely back to town and we try to tack on some more riding on top of that

http://redstonecyclery.blogspot.com/...sday-ride.html
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

It's the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by jugdish

Hell, a Winter of XC/Touring has not helped me either. All the talk about skiing being such a great conditioner for MBing... BS. Still, great to be on the bike again.

Mtb'ing gets you strong for skiing. Then by the end of skiing season you need mtb'ing to get you back to "real" fitness.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

I heart the drops
    Yep was a good night trying to keep up with you skinny guys is definetley a challenge I will definetly have to condition alot over the summer
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

Inflexable...
    ...Gave every single one of us grief for night riding there, even though it was daylight. Even tried to take out one of our riders as he was climbing. Sheesh. In case you're reading this, self righteous Ellsworth man, we were out before we needed lights...
    What am I missing about riding with lights at night at Hall? Is this not allowed?
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by kchri
    What am I missing about riding with lights at night at Hall? Is this not allowed?
    I *think* Hall closes at sunset.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    When I asked Hall Ranch Hero if he would like to have a discussion about riding legally (he heard me, I asked as he passed), he ignored me and kept on riding.
    Must have indeed been an interesting encounter since I've never heard you say/type anything negative about anyone... even myself !!

Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Mtb'ing gets you strong for skiing. Then by the end of skiing season you need mtb'ing to get you back to "real" fitness.
    You are spot on there! All night, last night I was asking myself... "you skied this season... right??!!"
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish

Best if sung to the "Jukebox Hero" song. Oh, how I miss seeing that wanker every once in a while.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

slack jawed
    Yes, Hall was perfect up to the loop yesterday. The loop looked a little muddy so I called it good. What a great afternoon!
    I've got nothing witty to say....

VooDoo user.
    Hall Ranch Hero? Seems like lots of the jokers you run into at HALL deserve that title. Especially on the weekend. Probably the rudest trail in the front range.

Now DBB on the other hand. Even the hikers are in a good mood and are super cool. Friendliest busy weekend trail I've ridden.

Just my distorted observation.

mtbr member
    "Hall Ranch Hero" That is great I too have seen this guy and often wondered who is forcing him to get outside and ride his bike. Judging by how miserable he looks, it must be his punishment or something!

mtbr member
    I think I will write a song about the "Hall Ranch Hero". Let me know if you want to help with the words!
    Tryin' to keep the tires on the ground.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast