Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Hall is fine.

  1. #1
    No Titus anymore...
    Reputation: titusguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    333

    Hall is fine.

    This may be obvious by now, but Hall is bone dry to the loop. The loop had 4 sections of short muddy, but totally rideable by last night.
    Ride on, rider. Ride on.

  2. #2
    VooDoo user.
    Reputation: TIMBERRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,394
    I rode up to the loop on sunday and skipped riding it. The entrance to the loop looked horrible. Bet by the weekend it will all be dry. (weather pemiting of course).

  3. #3
    ride
    Reputation: ignazjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,813
    Yeah, last night was good. We had a strong crew up there (11 riders) for our Tuesday night ride. The plan was to ride Hall, bust it out before dark, then click the lights on and keep riding for another hour or so on local Lyons roads and paths. We were climbing up the rock garden around 6:40 and a guy on an Ellsworth comes bombing down. Gave every single one of us grief for night riding there, even though it was daylight. Even tried to take out one of our riders as he was climbing. Sheesh. In case you're reading this, self righteous Ellsworth man, we were out before we needed lights.

    The loop looked good n' tacky, but we skipped it so we could make it out before dark Got another hour in riding the local ghetto singletrack, too. It was a good ride for a super nice day.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

  4. #4
    bbc
    bbc is offline
    Bueno!
    Reputation: bbc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    311
    You gotta love the time change! We saw that guy as well. Said hello, he did not.

  5. #5
    skillz to pay billz
    Reputation: nOOby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,556
    haha. preaching to the choir

  6. #6
    ride
    Reputation: ignazjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,813
    Quote Originally Posted by bbc
    You gotta love the time change! We saw that guy as well. Said hello, he did not.
    I've been seeing him up there for years. Because he always exhibits the same refined courtesy and pleasant demeanor that he showed last night, he has earned the nickname "Hall Ranch Hero."
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

  7. #7
    Goofing off?
    Reputation: Intenserider2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    438
    What happened to the clothesline thread? Is it applicable here? j/k

  8. #8
    "Furruccio....Bite Me!"
    Reputation: Zeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    I've been seeing him up there for years. Because he always exhibits the same refined courtesy and pleasant demeanor that he showed last night, he has earned the nickname "Hall Ranch Hero."


    was it a black Ells? I was in town this weekend and ran into a guy on a black ells, said hello, nothing in return. I was climbing and he didn't bother to move yield an inch of trail. Nice.

  9. #9
    ride
    Reputation: ignazjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,813
    Zeke - I think it was either gray or black. Mav fork, too.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

  10. #10
    Oh, So Interesting!
    Reputation: davec113's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,142
    I've seen that guy... riding a bike doesn't seem to make him happier.
    .




    Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

  11. #11
    Team Blindspot
    Reputation: S-Works's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,947
    I can verify that Hall is great condition. Up to the bench anyway. That's all the time I had.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Astigmatic Visionary

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jonny boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    Yeah, last night was good. We had a strong crew up there (11 riders) for our Tuesday night ride. The plan was to ride Hall, bust it out before dark, then click the lights on and keep riding for another hour or so on local Lyons roads and paths. We were climbing up the rock garden around 6:40 and a guy on an Ellsworth comes bombing down. Gave every single one of us grief for night riding there, even though it was daylight. Even tried to take out one of our riders as he was climbing. Sheesh. In case you're reading this, self righteous Ellsworth man, we were out before we needed lights.

    The loop looked good n' tacky, but we skipped it so we could make it out before dark Got another hour in riding the local ghetto singletrack, too. It was a good ride for a super nice day.
    I'm not the Ellsworth guy!

    But I too was wondering about your group heading up at dusk. Even if you were off the trail before needing lights, the fact you were riding with lights gives an entirely different impression. It doesn't require a rude confrontation though, I'm not trying to find the Ellsworth guy.

    It was a great ride. A Winter of spinning did not maintain leg strength for me, I need more consistent mountain biking.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,818
    "Halls Ranch Hero"... I like it!!


    Quote Originally Posted by jonny boy
    A Winter of spinning did not maintain leg strength for me, I need more consistent mountain biking.

    Hell, a Winter of XC/Touring has not helped me either. All the talk about skiing being such a great conditioner for MBing... BS. Still, great to be on the bike again.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

  14. #14
    ..ouch
    Reputation: thump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,957
    Nice.. I was thinking I might buzz over there this evening for a ride if I can skip out of work early enough. With 240 lbs behind me riding on a 40 pound bike it could be interesting to see how not yielding will work out for the guy. Maybe I should toss on the full-face for effect.

    Evening rides.. I love DST.

  15. #15
    ride
    Reputation: ignazjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,813
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny boy
    the fact you were riding with lights gives an entirely different impression.
    Indeed, I do not disagree. When I asked Hall Ranch Hero if he would like to have a discussion about riding legally (he heard me, I asked as he passed), he ignored me and kept on riding.

    Anyway, not to beat a dead horse. It was a great day. If anyone's interested, we ride Tuesday's at 6. We'll be riding Hall for the next month or so simply because it's close and we can ride it before dark. Bring your lights, though, because we need to ride safely back to town and we try to tack on some more riding on top of that

    http://redstonecyclery.blogspot.com/...sday-ride.html
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,882

    It's the other way around

    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish
    "Halls Ranch Hero"... I like it!!





    Hell, a Winter of XC/Touring has not helped me either. All the talk about skiing being such a great conditioner for MBing... BS. Still, great to be on the bike again.

    Mtb'ing gets you strong for skiing. Then by the end of skiing season you need mtb'ing to get you back to "real" fitness.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

  17. #17
    I heart the drops
    Reputation: giantsaam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,076
    Yep was a good night trying to keep up with you skinny guys is definetley a challenge I will definetly have to condition alot over the summer
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

  18. #18
    Inflexable...
    Reputation: kchri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    ...Gave every single one of us grief for night riding there, even though it was daylight. Even tried to take out one of our riders as he was climbing. Sheesh. In case you're reading this, self righteous Ellsworth man, we were out before we needed lights...
    What am I missing about riding with lights at night at Hall? Is this not allowed?
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

  19. #19
    ..ouch
    Reputation: thump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,957
    Quote Originally Posted by kchri
    What am I missing about riding with lights at night at Hall? Is this not allowed?
    I *think* Hall closes at sunset.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    When I asked Hall Ranch Hero if he would like to have a discussion about riding legally (he heard me, I asked as he passed), he ignored me and kept on riding.
    Must have indeed been an interesting encounter since I've never heard you say/type anything negative about anyone... even myself !!

    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Mtb'ing gets you strong for skiing. Then by the end of skiing season you need mtb'ing to get you back to "real" fitness.
    You are spot on there! All night, last night I was asking myself... "you skied this season... right??!!"
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

  21. #21
    contains quinine
    Reputation: Debaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,586
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish
    "Halls Ranch Hero"... I like it!!

    .
    Best if sung to the "Jukebox Hero" song. Oh, how I miss seeing that wanker every once in a while.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

  22. #22
    slack jawed
    Reputation: Cletus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    158
    Yes, Hall was perfect up to the loop yesterday. The loop looked a little muddy so I called it good. What a great afternoon!
    I've got nothing witty to say....

  23. #23
    VooDoo user.
    Reputation: TIMBERRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,394
    Hall Ranch Hero? Seems like lots of the jokers you run into at HALL deserve that title. Especially on the weekend. Probably the rudest trail in the front range.

    Now DBB on the other hand. Even the hikers are in a good mood and are super cool. Friendliest busy weekend trail I've ridden.

    Just my distorted observation.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jimc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    156
    "Hall Ranch Hero" That is great I too have seen this guy and often wondered who is forcing him to get outside and ride his bike. Judging by how miserable he looks, it must be his punishment or something!

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbjc280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    I've been seeing him up there for years. Because he always exhibits the same refined courtesy and pleasant demeanor that he showed last night, he has earned the nickname "Hall Ranch Hero."
    I think I will write a song about the "Hall Ranch Hero". Let me know if you want to help with the words!
    Tryin' to keep the tires on the ground.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •