formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006

Hall Conditions 2/17?

Anyone go up there yesterday? I'm feeling rather shafted by the weather today, but it seems like it may be fun and frozen if not dry.
    Bueller? Ignaz?

skillz to pay billz
    sorry my plan was to hit the rock garden on the way home yesterday from devils backbone but the drive lasted a bit longer than expected. probably a blanket of snow on there right now.

VooDoo user.
    Yea the DBB was good to go till we hit Blu sky. Had to turn around. Too much mudd.
    Was wondering about Hall for today. Maybe a snow ride @ Heil?

skillz to pay billz
    hummm.. heil might be good today or tomorrow morning. The high in boulder will only be 34˚.

4.0" fully suspended
    Nov 2006
    it's still below freezing here . I just got back from a tour of hall and Lyons left around 7:30am. It's been cloudy all morning so the sun hasn't gotten a chance to make it sloppy. I rode hall yesterday morning too, what a difference a day makes. Saw all kinds of tracks due to yesterday afternoons warmup. Saw horsetracks, hiker, deer, even bunny tracks but the rutting from bikes was most obvious. Lots of folks decided to ride in poor conditions through the rock garden and to antelope junction. Damage after antelope junction to lollipop wasn't bad, the lollipop had a snow ice mix all around the loop and there was some good water erosion damage on the northwestern side of the loop. Be careful the tire rut damage and ice mix makes for trickier riding. Peace out.

4.0" fully suspended
    Nov 2006

update

sun is out, in full effect,and looks like here to stay. It's probably starting to get sloppy already.

skillz to pay billz
    just got back from the grocery store in boulder and it looks like the foothills didn't even see any of today's snow.

30 something dad
    Hall is in great shape! Maybe two or three small muddy patches. Fun ride today.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=truepatriot09]Hall is in great shape! Maybe two or three small muddy patches. Fun ride today.[/QUOTE

How much of Hall did you ride? Are you referring to the entire trail or just the rock garden?

30 something dad
    Good question, should have clarified.

We only rode up to the bench, but despite a muddy patch just beyond the bench you could probably go all the way to the lollipop on mostly dry trails.

Felt good to get out and ride some dirt in the February sunshine!

bbc
    Bueno!
    I'd give it a day or two to dry out past the bench. I was just up there and rode a little past the bench, it was all rutted out from people that rode it when it was muddy. Up to the bench is fine. Please don't ride the rest until it's dry....or frozen.

mtbr member
    is it still dry up to the bench. visiting the inlaws in Boulder and may drive up there for a bit of dirt. how many miles up to the bench, 1-2?

30 something dad
    If you haven't ridden Hall before don't worry so much about the distance up to the bench (not that far really), just get ready to climb and face some good technical riding!

skillz to pay billz
    and if it's not far enough, do it twice

mtbr member
    yeah I've ridden it, and I rememeber loving the tech climbing. I will do it 3-4x if that's all that's dry. just checking if any precip fell last night/today. Looks like a chance for snow early tomorrow. We'll have to see what that means.

ride
    No precip in Lyons. If you go early AM (frozen) about everything will be rideable except for the loop.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    sweet. i'll bring my road and mtb just in case mother nature doesn't cooperate. ignazjr, what time does Redstone open tomorrow? I ride a Java 5.5 and would love to check out tha shop, never been.

ride
    10-4 tomorrow and 11-3 Sun. I aim to open at 10 but sometimes it's 10ish, kinda depends on when I can get out of the house, kids, etc
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    looks like weather may be iffy overnight and into tomorrow morning. I plan on getting out there at sunrise so anything soft will be frozen.

But if anyone late tonight or early tomorrow could post an update if it's pissing rain or dumping snow, that would be helpful! Then I'd just roll through Boulder on my road bike and not waste the drive north to Lyons.

Thanks!

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by jcospoco
    I ride a Java 5.5.
    Hey! That's my bike!
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

giddy up
    I rode it today around 4pm and the frontside is all good. The descent from the top bench to the lower bench is muddy but rideable. Then perfect to the loop but I wouldn't venture past the loop. It looked messy and total trail destruction if ridden.

skillz to pay billz
    i'm going to hit it around 9am tomorrow

skillz to pay billz
    as advertised, clear to the bench, muddy afterwards. Did the rock garden twice.

mtbr member

up down up down

rock garden twice is the way to go. Went up last week road only 10 feet past bench turned around and walked back the 10 feet, still had to spend a good amount of time clearing the clay mud from the bike. Crazy that folks are riding through that