Thread: hall=bone dry

ride

hall=bone dry

Hall is dry as ever, for what it's worth. We barely even got any rain.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

loco
    Yeah. We rode out there yesterday. Left blizzard/rainy conditions and drove into the perfect sunny day. Only saw a couple people out there too. We did however see some Turkeys.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." (Ferris Bueller)

mtbr member
    Great shot of the wild turkey. Were they up on the loop? That's where I've seen them before.

loco
    Yeah we saw them up on the loop. They were pretty elusive. probably about 8 or 9 of them total.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." (Ferris Bueller)

Rolling
    Hall ranch seems to be an awesome example of wildlife embracing us foolhardy bikers!

It's a treat.

starladear
    Feb 2004
    exactly, so why not more trails? What's the current excuse

Team Blindspot

Dave, got up their today.

Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    Hall is dry as ever, for what it's worth. We barely even got any rain.

First time since all the moisture of the past couple of weeks. I was very disappointed to see how rutted up the trail was from riding on it when it shouldn't have been. Particularly the loop area. It's going to take a long time for that to even out.

Also, riders are in mid-season form. ( the downhill ones that is). One guy make no attempt to yield to me climbing, and another went off the trail to go around me. I give space while climbing when I can ( even though I don't have to), but this is why the trail keeps getting wider every year. It's a damn shame.
    Astigmatic Visionary

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    First time since all the moisture of the past couple of weeks. I was very disappointed to see how rutted up the trail was from riding on it when it shouldn't have been. Particularly the loop area. It's going to take a long time for that to even out.

Also, riders are in mid-season form. ( the downhill ones that is). One guy make no attempt to yield to me climbing, and another went off the trail to go around me. I give space while climbing when I can ( even though I don't have to), but this is why the trail keeps getting wider every year. It's a damn shame.
    I was there Sunday to get some miles in. I knew it would be ridiculously busy, thankfully most (read:not all) people were couretous while I was climbing it a couple times. And the loop is indeed a mess. It's a shame.

I can't wait for more forest to open up as to ease some of the congestion.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I was down there Sunday as well for my once a year reality check. Holy sh!t there are some idiots who ride. I pulled off for folks climbing and you would have thought I had two heads, they were very thankful. Yelled at some skidiots and other nimrods riding off trail, ahh ArseHalls. Overall though folks were cool even with all the traffic. Unfortunetly I can't get down there during the off hours that I know many of you ride. I will agree with you though, I can't wait to hit the stuff higher up, goodbye masses.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...