Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hadley Hubs??

Hadley Hubs??

Anybody know where I can get some solid info on Hadley hubs? I'm looking for a 20mm front hub and a 10mm TA rear hub. I can't locate a website with any real info. I'm building up a Banshee Morphine and I want some burly hubs. Any advice or feedback from Hadley riders?

Thanks,

Porch

Rides Uphill Slow
    I'll tell you to search the web. this way you don't feel bad if no one answers you! Just build it already and quit your "searching" Hugi FR are dope. Kings are cool too.

Now Uploading
    Love my Hadley 20 front hub. Gonna lace up a rear as soon as $300+ more surplus $$$ fall out of my butt.

Dave
    Last edited by mtbdirteater; 01-16-2005 at 06:01 PM. Reason: I can spell shat wrong
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

jl
    climb
    Larry Mettler
    Mountain High Cyclery
    Loveland, CO

http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com
    Ride On!

Cynical Bystander
    I love my Hadleys, probably the best hubs I've ever had. They require little maintainance as well.
    Balleracing has them for about the same price as anywhere else (www.balleracing.com) and he's a local retailer. go-ride has them, and I'm sure you can get them elsewhere as well. Those are just the two I know of.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jl
    Larry Mettler
    Mountain High Cyclery
    Loveland, CO

Got a set on order myself.

mtbr member

Liked it so much bought another...

I just bought my second Hadley 108 point freehub. The first is still in use and works flawlessly. Instant engagement.

I am going to build this one next week..

Hadley 108pt 10mm Titanium T/A Hub

Mavic EX823 rim

Sapim CX-Ray spokes

Should be sweet..... Here is a couple of pics of the hub.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cynical Bystander
    ::drool:: Gold.......
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    I love my Hadleys, probably the best hubs I've ever had. They require little maintainance as well.
    Ditto for me. I've been riding Hadley's for the last couple of years and though I've owned several sets of Kings over the years, I like the Had's better.

Smokin! Nice looking Hadley TA, the gold is bit*chin! Do all of the 10mm rear TA have 108 point engagement?
    I've made up my mind that the Hadleys are the right Hubs for my Morphine, just gotta decide where to order them from. Plus like all the rest of us - I have to find that tin can of 20's I burried in the back ard back in 86. Thanks for all the feedback!! I post more new pics of the Morphine as soon as I get some new parts.

- Porch -

mtbr member
    Do all of the 10mm rear TA have 108 point engagement?
    I could be mistaken but I believe ALL of the Hadleys now come with the offset pawls (108pt engagement).

I bought mine from mtbstore.com because they're local if you're in the Los Angeles area. Speedgoat.com has free shipping ANYWHERE in the lower 48, you can try there as well. Be prepared to add $60.00 - $80.00 to the $250.00 price on most sites for the Titanium 10mm through axle option though...

Good luck and post some pictures when you build 'em up!

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by Porchsong
    Smokin! Nice looking Hadley TA, the gold is bit*chin! Do all of the 10mm rear TA have 108 point engagement?
    I've made up my mind that the Hadleys are the right Hubs for my Morphine, just gotta decide where to order them from. Plus like all the rest of us - I have to find that tin can of 20's I burried in the back ard back in 86. Thanks for all the feedback!! I post more new pics of the Morphine as soon as I get some new parts.

- Porch -
    I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the Morphine - those look like sweet rides. I may be posting some pics of a new top-secret FR hardtail myself within the next few months. Those morphines look incredibly stout - what does the frame weigh?

Cynical Bystander
    Why is everybody up in Denver (you, todd, eric) undergoing top secret fr hardtail projects?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Why is everybody up in Denver (you, todd, eric) undergoing top secret fr hardtail projects?
    Did I say "top secret"? Because I meant to say "Super Duper Top Secret" - the only thing that I can tell you about it right now is that the entire frame will consist of hand carved teak, with faux ivory inlays and will be absolutely sick.

Oh yeah - and I reckon it will be my Super D secret weapon.

Cynical Bystander
    Ah....I see.

I s'pose my super cool rigid Titan is gonna be my Super D weapon. Thing's hella fast.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by jl
    Larry Mettler
    Mountain High Cyclery
    Loveland, CO

Thanks Jeff. Yeah, I do have some Hadley's in stock, though I'm waiting on the 108pt rear hubs at the moment. I have 20mm front in black and the standard 36pt engagement rear hub. Be happy to help out Porch if you want some.
    Larry Mettler
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member

108pt engagement not standard

Quote Originally Posted by GGAllen
    I could be mistaken but I believe ALL of the Hadleys now come with the offset pawls (108pt engagement).
    I just made an order with Hadley. The 108pt engagement is an option, not standard.

Any personal experience with the 108? I got the idea that the standard (36) could be a little bit stronger, so no reason to run the 108 on a downhill bike. I'm sure either would outlive a DH frame.

Hadley said they would have to roll out a website soon to curb the rumors.

mtbr member
    I have been using the 108pt all year with zero problems. As I stated in another post, I purchased a second one for my other bike.. So yeah, I kinda like it.

I too was concerned with strength as only one pawl engages at a time (as opposed to the thirty six's all three) but quickly decided the benefit outweighs the penalty. I could be wrong but I would guess a XC rider is harder on freewheel pawls than a downhill rider given the fact that they hammer UP the hills instead of down them.

I weigh 180# with gear and regularly take 4-5ft to flats urban riding and 8-10ft to trannies on the mountain.

Works like the day I installed it.

If your riding involves technical sections you'll appreciate the 108.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    i got the 20mm and 12mmx135mmx108pt hadleys for my new bike. waiting on the new 2005 Mavicex823's. the rims should be here next week. I've had Hadleys in other bikes. They are rock solid and beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkMaster
    I just made an order with Hadley. The 108pt engagement is an option, not standard.

Any personal experience with the 108? I got the idea that the standard (36) could be a little bit stronger, so no reason to run the 108 on a downhill bike. I'm sure either would outlive a DH frame.

Hadley said they would have to roll out a website soon to curb the rumors.
    With Hadley???

Hey Funkmaster, can you please tell me how to cantact Hadley directly? I've been tring to find some company info, but no luck so far!

Double Top Secret Probation

Yo s1ngletrack - Using a very advanced and highly unreliable meathod, the home digital scale... my Morphine (size M) weighs in at a whopping 7 pounds!! But that's with a FSA Pig pressed. I allready got a trail bike I can do the lightweight thing with, this time it's different. I'm so excited to build it up, I hope to be able to finnish it by march.

- Porch -

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Porchsong
    With Hadley???

Hey Funkmaster, can you please tell me how to cantact Hadley directly? I've been tring to find some company info, but no luck so far!
    PM sent.

Hadley hubs are awsome! Info is hard to find, bad reviews really hard to find.

I should have some 10mm bolt on 108 pt hubs next week.

www.MojoWheels.com

mtbr member

Hadley info..

I hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes posting this info, but if you want to contact Hadley directly, here you go.. (this info was posted on a UPS box I recieved directly form Hadley)

Hadley Racing Products
    1937 West 11th St.
    Upland, CA 91786

There is also a phone #. I think it's a fax though..

Good luck!

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GGAllen

If your riding involves technical sections you'll appreciate the 108.

Good luck!
    I can't wait to huck these XTs in the trash...

droooooooool.... 108, instant engagement...... *drip*drip*

Thanks to all

Thanks for all the feedback! As soon as I can gather the coin the Hadleys will be mine!

Thanks again to to all the Hadley fans!

Porch
    "If we were Vikings, Rocky Mountain aspen stands would be our Vahalla and its singletrack our bounty" - Mtn Flyer Mag #14

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast