Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 168
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    182

    To the guy whose dog bit me at keystone....

    To the owner of the fuggin pitbull that bit me at keystone today---step forward and let me know for both of our sakes if your dog has had his shots. I got your plates and may have to have him quarantined.

  2. #2
    Slopestyle Rider
    Reputation: joelalamo45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,452
    Bust his ass...

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,405
    Damn dude, I hope that dog has had his shots. WTH is that stupid owner taking that type of dog around people! I bet this isn't the first time. Sorry, I'm a dog guy but have no patience or sympathy for aggressive breeds and dogs.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    150
    I'm sorry this happened. As a dog owner I hope this doesn't lead you to believe every dog on the trail/mountain is dangerous. I realize this will probably spawn some half-witted debate, but I just wanted to contribute this before ten or fifteen dog-nazi's chimed in.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    698
    WTF - off-leash dog at Keystone? On the mountain? Call the police.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    150
    Hope this isn't inappropriate to ask---was it a mere nip or full on attack bite? What were the circumstances? Just curious...

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    182
    Well,the owner has stepped forward. But things dont sound so great.

    His dog came over and started to eat from my dogs food and my lab didn't like that. They went at it......the dog was pretty ferocious,he wasn't stoppin til he got body slammed by my brother. I shoulda grabbed his legs but reached for anything i could and got bit on three fingers. One on my pinky is definitely deep and still oozing blood. I've already started with the antibiotics and ointment. But the dog will probably have to be quarantined to check for rabies,for both our sake. On top of all this,i got my ass served to me on my third trip thru the Drop Zone. ****in rock rash all over the right side of my body........

  8. #8
    DWF
    DWF is offline
    Non Dual Bliss
    Reputation: DWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkyfan
    Well,the owner has stepped forward. But things dont sound so great.

    His dog came over and started to eat from my dogs food and my lab didn't like that. They went at it......the dog was pretty ferocious,he wasn't stoppin til he got body slammed by my brother. I shoulda grabbed his legs but reached for anything i could and got bit on three fingers. One on my pinky is definitely deep and still oozing blood. I've already started with the antibiotics and ointment. But the dog will probably have to be quarantined to check for rabies,for both our sake. On top of all this,i got my ass served to me on my third trip thru the Drop Zone. ****in rock rash all over the right side of my body........
    Do I understand this correctly? The idiot not only had his dog off leash at Keystone, but the dog doesn't have his shots either? WTF? That's a person too stupid to own a dog.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

  9. #9
    Oh, So Interesting!
    Reputation: davec113's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,115
    His dog came over and started to eat from my dogs food and my lab didn't like that. They went at it......
    .

    That was probably my dog (who does have shots), although I am not the one who has stepped forward thus far. Thats a great attempt to downplay what happened. Your dog bit a dog. Now you are complaining that the other dog defended himself on the internet.

    Both dogs were off leash and getting along. You left food out, and your dog attacked my dog over the food. We all saw it, and it was an aggressive bite that actually injured my dog, although it was just a minor puncture. Sorry, but your dog attacked my dog, what do you expect? Then you jumped in and literally stuck your hand in his mouth, again, what did you expect?

    BTW, I have several witnesses.... also, I doubt my dog injured your dog, yours did injure mine. Dogs can get in a scuffle without biting hard... Look, $hit happens, learn your lesson and move on. Dogs sometimes fight over food. Your's apparently does.
    .




    Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    150
    I wouldn't jump to conclusions. I don't think he said the other dog had not had his shots up-to-date, just worried he may not, understandably.

    To me it sounds like a case where you had to be present. To some degree I have to say, "dogs will be dogs.." but an aggressive dog has no place off leash in public. But then again...I could digress, but I don't think you posted for others opinions and I'm sure any minute one of the many anti-dog posters is going to find this thread.

    Sorry about the inconvenience. I hope everything heals well and you and the other dogs owner can come to some understanding.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113
    .

    That was probably my dog (who does have shots), although I am not the one who has stepped forward thus far. Thats a great attempt to downplay what happened. Your dog bit a dog. Now you are complaining that the other dog defended himself on the internet.

    Both dogs were off leash and getting along. You left food out, and your dog attacked my dog over the food. We all saw it, and it was an aggressive bite that actually injured my dog, although it was just a minor puncture. Sorry, but your dog attacked my dog, what do you expect? Then you jumped in and literally stuck your hand in his mouth, again, what did you expect?

    BTW, I have several witnesses.... also, I doubt my dog injured your dog, yours did injure mine. Dogs can get in a scuffle without biting hard... Look, $hit happens, learn your lesson and move on. Dogs sometimes fight over food. Your's apparently does.
    I don't want to get in the middle, but I can't help responding. I can understand both sides. If the dog had shots, lesson learned, dogs are dogs. I think many people here and everythwere else in this state are a little suspicious of pits, not for nothing, but other dogs DO attack as well (or defend).

    I wasn't there but all I can hope for is that this doesn't spur more stringent leash laws, and probably the more expeditiously you two can come to a resolution, the better for everyone.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    636
    Frick my 11 pounder will bite if you take his food.


    Looks like you guys know who to deal with now so keep the crap off the forums, this stuff gets old.
    saweet


    Quote Originally Posted by nachomc View Post
    Stop riding that bike until you get some.

  13. #13
    Jackass
    Reputation: pesqueeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    243
    Well, this should be uglier than an Inflexible Apex Shuttler listening to an iPod who fails to yield thread. Good Times!
    Last edited by pesqueeb; 07-19-2008 at 09:15 PM.
    I'm making enemies faster than I can kill them!

  14. #14
    Fast, not that fast
    Reputation: EvenFlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    242
    So your the guy. Maybe it was some other fukstick that PM'd me. I wondered what kind;ve queen uses mythbusters as an email addy. Bwaa

    Yeah,i left food out (how awful)b/c we were the only ones parked over on the east side of the lot. FOR a reason. Then you pull up right beside us and let your pit out. It's not like our dogs were hanging out being buddy buddy. They looked at each other,sniffed--then your ****ing dog went over and started eating his food. I could've cared less if your dog tore mine open or vice versa,but the second a dog bites a person then it becomes a public issue.


    Bottomline,i gotta find out if i got rabies,douche. I called animal control so i'm sure they'll handle it.

    Edit: Sorry,roommates username was logged in. And its good to hear that he DID have shots.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by EvenFlow
    So your the guy. Maybe it was some other fukstick that PM'd me. I wondered what kind;ve queen uses mythbusters as an email addy. Bwaa

    Yeah,i left food out (how awful)b/c we were the only ones parked over on the east side of the lot. FOR a reason. Then you pull up right beside us and let your pit out. It's not like our dogs were hanging out being buddy buddy. They looked at each other,sniffed--then your ****ing dog went over and started eating his food. I could've cared less if your dog tore mine open or vice versa,but the second a dog bites a person then it becomes a public issue.


    Bottomline,i gotta find out if i got rabies,douche. I called animal control so i'm sure they'll handle it.

    Edit: Sorry,roommates username was logged in. And its good to hear that he DID have shots.

    That didn't help your argument.

  16. #16
    Oh, So Interesting!
    Reputation: davec113's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,115
    Quote Originally Posted by nca777
    I don't want to get in the middle, but I can't help responding. I can understand both sides. If the dog had shots, lesson learned, dogs are dogs. I think many people here and everythwere else in this state are a little suspicious of pits, not for nothing, but other dogs DO attack as well (or defend).

    I wasn't there but all I can hope for is that this doesn't spur more stringent leash laws, and probably the more expeditiously you two can come to a resolution, the better for everyone.

    I agree. I saw this as a minor incident, dogs will be dogs, and as long as they weren't hurting each other this is normal canine behavior. My dog has been well socialized, and learned as a pup to settle differences without escalating the situation. He has only gotten into a couple fights in 4 years, and neither dog was hurt as a result.

    To the OP, I'm sorry this happened. You know he isn't rabid, so please drop this. If you don't one of us is going to be judged the bad guy and could face the possibility of large fines and possibly having the dog taken away. I wouldn't wish this on any dog owner that doesn't mistreat their dog. I hope you feel the same way.
    .




    Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

  17. #17
    Oh, So Interesting!
    Reputation: davec113's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,115
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_mtber
    WTF - off-leash dog at Keystone? On the mountain? Call the police.

    There were a half dozen off leash dogs playing in/around the creek all afternoon. My dog was one of them, and didn't have an issue with any other dogs. But, thanks for your concern
    .




    Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by nca777
    That didn't help your argument.

    What argument,chief? A dog bit a person. Person has to know if he now has rabies.==Pretty fuggin simple equation.

    As for the dog,yeah,i'll take your word for it and trust that he's had his shots. And like i said,i'm a dog lover,i wouldn't wanna lose my dog either. I wish the best on all dogs...

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    50
    wwcd


  20. #20
    Oh, So Interesting!
    Reputation: davec113's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkyfan
    What argument,chief? A dog bit a person. Person has to know if he now has rabies.==Pretty fuggin simple equation.

    As for the dog,yeah,i'll take your word for it and trust that he's had his shots. And like i said,i'm a dog lover,i wouldn't wanna lose my dog either. I wish the best on all dogs...
    Thanks. I appreciate that we can move on...

    I would like to say that my dog did NOT bite you on purpose. He had no idea your hand was in his mouth, he was far too focused on going after your dog. Also, when your friend tackled my dog, my dog did not fight back. In the position he was in after tackling him, his face was exposed and right next to my dog's face, yet my dog did not bite even though he was highly aroused. I think this speaks for the fact that my dog is NOT aggressive to humans. Also, he is not aggressive to %99.9 of other dogs. I have no issues with him on the trail, and I can bring him to any busy dog park and trust he will not be aggressive. He has only ever been in 2 fights before this, and both times were a result of being bit by another dog. Even after this, he didn't even harm the other dog, just pinned it down and the fight was over. I'm sure the same would have happened today.
    .




    Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113
    Thanks. I appreciate that we can move on...

    I would like to say that my dog did NOT bite you on purpose. He had no idea your hand was in his mouth, he was far too focused on going after your dog. Also, when your friend tackled my dog, my dog did not fight back. In the position he was in after tackling him, his face was exposed and right next to my dog's face, yet my dog did not bite even though he was highly aroused. I think this speaks for the fact that my dog is NOT aggressive to humans. Also, he is not aggressive to %99.9 of other dogs. I have no issues with him on the trail, and I can bring him to any busy dog park and trust he will not be aggressive. He has only ever been in 2 fights before this, and both times were a result of being bit by another dog. Even after this, he didn't even harm the other dog, just pinned it down and the fight was over. I'm sure the same would have happened today.

    Yeah,i was thinking of that earlier. My brother was pretty lucky not to have his face or neck bit. I know he didn't bite me on purpose,i meant to go for his collar. I could tell he was pretty gentle,i observed him later on in your car. He looked pretty mellow. I meant to ask you about this stuff(shots) but didn't really think about it til i got on the lift. And didn't see you on the hill or by the car the rest of the day. But i knew any self-respecting DH'er would read the forums,thus the post. Rabies are no fun for anyone...


    Keystone kicked a$$ today....

    .

  22. #22
    Giggitty giggitty!!
    Reputation: dhpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    325
    who leaves a Pitbull off it's leash running around a public place?! That's incredibly poor judgment on the owners behalf...

  23. #23
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,708
    Yah, you don't hear about too many labs being aggressive mine never has been
    Fruita Moab 142b.jpg
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  24. #24
    Oh, So Interesting!
    Reputation: davec113's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,115
    Quote Originally Posted by dhpimp
    who leaves a Pitbull off it's leash running around a public place?! That's incredibly poor judgment on the owners behalf...
    You would have had a heart attack today then, there was a big Rottie, a Husky, at least one other Pit and a couple of Labs playing near the creek. ALL off leash!!! The Horror!!!
    .




    Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!
    Yah, you don't hear about too many labs being aggressive mine never has been
    Fruita Moab 142b.jpg
    When it comes to food, mine is. Socializing him has helped a lot in this regard, but I do have to be careful with leaving any kind of food out.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •