mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Green Mtn (Lakewood) prescribed burns

West Metro Fire will be performing prescribed burns at Green Mountain Open Space (Lakewood) on Wednesday and Thursday (March 12th and 13th) if the weather cooperates.
    Plan your MTB rides accordingly.

Technology is my friend.

Flame on!

They are burning the west side this morning, in the general area of rusty sign trail / box o' rocks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    thanks for the heads up.

i was going to head out there around 430...

Really I am that slow
    yup thanks
    Read my BLOG!

Nipple twister and bike builder at Borealis

http://www.borealisbikes.com/

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I guess I should ask the dumb question then, will the trails be unrideable and the park closed due to these proscribed burns?

Technology is my friend.
    It was fairly smoky around the burn area, but we're not talking Yellowstone 1988 here. I don't think there is any problem using the rest of the park. Just be flexible with your route.

mtbr member
    Looks like they may be done. I even saw some people riding and running down Green Mountain Trail with the fire trucks there. No flames, lots 'o scorched earth. This was about an hour ago. Not sure if they plan on doing more today.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Yah, detoured on bike path a bit and caught lower BOX O SMOKE up to top, man I love that climb!!! Sorry slowerthensnot i missed our am ride, had to get the job finished. Won't be there tonight either, kid things. Everything else is looking better, north rim trail is still snowy. Saw some guy picking mud out of his derailleur newbie! Rontele, we are thinking of some spring backcountry at butler followed by some grillin in the parking lot, you interested pm me. Oh yeah talked to a ranger and they said they are trying to relocate the black footed ferret to green mountain i wonder if they attack??

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Was this to burn off the snow and dry out the trails?

(Just kidding)
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett