mtbr member
    May 2010

Green Mountain Break Ins

Just an FYI to everyone. I went for a short run from the lot on the west side of Green Mountain last night. When I got back to my car it has been broken into and my wallet was stolen along with a few other items. Witnesses saw a suspicious looking man in his 50s with a sandy grey beard in a white Cherokee Sport leaving right after the items were stolen. Two other cars were also broken into as well. Just wanted to warn everyone and start to spread the word to be on the look out for anyone looking suspicious at any of the trailheads. As the police told me if you see anyone suspicious at any of the trailheads write down a license plate number and a description just incase.

P.S. If anyone saw anything suspicious last night (05-13-2010) between 5:15 and 5:45 pm please respond to this post.

Thanks and happy riding.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Unfortunately this is not uncommon here.

Thieves at Green Mtn.

A good ol sting needs to be done!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    freaking dirtbags

Tossin the salad.
    I got a qb78 that anyone is welcome to use. You can hide over the hill and plink the SOB that even attempts to steal
    Just kidding, but hope these people do get caught.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Wife had her mtb and other items stolen out of our garage over the summer in Green Mountain. Called the police, but nothing much came of it. Deductible is to high to cover the price of the bike, so we were out in the cold.

We chalked it up to kids.

bike rider
    Just curious, were any of the items visible or was everything hidden?
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Dont ya just wish sometimes that you could walk up on some f@&ckstick breaking into your car?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TX_Shifter
    I got a qb78 that anyone is welcome to use. You can hide over the hill and plink the SOB that even attempts to steal
    Just kidding, but hope these people do get caught.
    I was just going to send the punk some wicked evil karma but I like this idea better.

Oh well at least it stopped raining!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt
    Just curious, were any of the items visible or was everything hidden?
    There were some clothes that were visible in the front seat but the items taken were hidden.

bike rider
    Damn, any guess why he targeted the vehicles he did? I'm just looking for advice to help avoid the same fate. I already leave nothing of value, electronics, ect in sight.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Just for kicks I've been leaving a checkbook on a closed account laying on the dash
    of my car n trk for two months & no one's touched it.

THough I've discovered several times the glove box has been gone thru. After the last time I saw that, I put the checkbook out as bait. Hoping someone would start passing some checks & could be traced. I haven't done business with this bank in four yrs, they know about it and just rolled their eye's.

Good luck on finding the scum that broke into your car's.
    This is a prime reason we should all have a CCW permit and pack a gun along.
    IF you'd catch someone at it, and he's a bigger badder SOB than you. Then what???
    Think people! IF you're gonna attempt to nail someone, you'd better be situated where you can protect yourself.

GeorgeLD

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeLD
    If you catch someone at it, and he's a bigger badder SOB than you, then what?
    So you carry a gun? Lift some weights and learn how to fight. Guns are for pussies.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt
    Damn, any guess why he targeted the vehicles he did? I'm just looking for advice to help avoid the same fate. I already leave nothing of value, electronics, ect in sight.
    Not sure why he hit the cars he did. We were all parked close to each other on the Northeast corner of that lot. He might have hit us because that part of the lot is a little harder to see form the trail or might have been watching and waiting to hit the cars right after the occupants left to hit the trail.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Crippled up old folks know better than the fight.
    We've been down that trail & learned it's much easier
    this way.