Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Green Mountain

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Green Mountain

Anybody know how the trails at Green Mountain are looking? Also, anybody know any good loops/rides to hit there?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Unless you ride early and it is frozen.

DO NOT RIDE.

Common sense, folks. Its going to be a little while.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Any other suggestions for potential trails that are ok to ride now near south denver?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Pueblo.

how heavy are you ??

Word

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Pueblo.
    Pubelow!
    What does Marsellus Wallace look like, A BIT*H?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Unless you ride early and it is frozen.

DO NOT RIDE.

Common sense, folks. Its going to be a little while.

Just curious if you actually have been out there Rontele. With todays wind much of the mud has dried out. It is much better than last Sundays ride. Go early and you will be fine. If the sun is out and it is 50 degrees use discresion. We are real close. If it doesn't snow on Thursday, it looks like we can start riding in the afternoons next weekend on GM

Green Mountain got banged up by the horses. Suprisingly the bike abuse is not as bad as I have seen. I think mountain bikers are getting smarterabout riding in the mud.

Erik

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bedell99
    Just curious if you actually have been out there Rontele. With todays wind much of the mud has dried out. It is much better than last Sundays ride. Go early and you will be fine. If the sun is out and it is 50 degrees use discresion. We are real close. If it doesn't snow on Thursday, it looks like we can start riding in the afternoons next weekend on GM

Green Mountain got banged up by the horses. Suprisingly the bike abuse is not as bad as I have seen. I think mountain bikers are getting smarterabout riding in the mud.

Erik
    Nope. I just rely on shoot at the hip internet speculation.

mtbr member
    Denver is finally starting to dry out. White Ranch is good to go to the bench and GM is "oh so close". I know Dakota is ready to go at any time.

Erik

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bedell99
    Denver is finally starting to dry out. White Ranch is good to go to the bench and GM is "oh so close". I know Dakota is ready to go at any time.

Erik
    I assume Long-shorthorn is a disaster still...

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by unospeedo
    Anybody know how the trails at Green Mountain are looking? Also, anybody know any good loops/rides to hit there?
    My neighbor did it yesterday, said it was pretty good considering other areas.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

Goat of Legend
    Lower Green Mountain from the Florida Parking lot is good. Rooney Valley is surprisingly good, Summit is a no go and Hayden could use a little more drying.

mtbr member
    The way I went on Greem Mountain was "leave from the Rooney lot, rooney trail to Florida. go back take Green Mountain trail to summit road and take the road back down". The valleys on GM trails still have some ice, but it is not that bad. I just walked it. I agree with mountaingoat, the summit can use some more drying.

Erik

Thread Terrorist
    Thanks for the clarification on Green Mountain! I may hit it up tomorrow!
    Golden Bike Park Group

Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    North Table was dry for the most part yesterday. A few icy patches, and windier than hell...but dry.
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

Thread Terrorist
    I'll call ya up Dawg and we'll head up soon. Right now I've got to get rid of this pulled back muscle thingy right now. ugh!
    Golden Bike Park Group

Trestle Bike Park

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg
    North Table was dry for the most part yesterday. A few icy patches, and windier than hell...but dry.

Even up top? hat's usually a muddy mess until June. Hmm... May have to leave work early one day.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers
    Even up top? hat's usually a muddy mess until June. Hmm... May have to leave work early one day.
    I was up last Friday and if it is frozen it is ok up top, but there are some of those low areas up there that are a complete mess if it is warm out. Also the new single track around the front still has some areas that will be really muddy if warm. It was cold yesterday so things didn't really warm up. Yesterday I went up chimney to try and avoid the wind some and it is not worth it yet, pretty much becomes a sheet of ice at the first bridge.

mtbr member
    Cool, man. Take care of that back!

mtbr member
    Yeah, it was pretty cold yesterday....not sure if it was below freezing but there wasn't any mud. Lots of tire tracks in what used to be mud. There's also some new signs up there marking some (not all) of the trails.

Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg
    Yeah, it was pretty cold yesterday....not sure if it was below freezing but there wasn't any mud. Lots of tire tracks in what used to be mud. There's also some new signs up there marking some (not all) of the trails.
    Just got back from a ride up there and it has dried out a lot more since last Friday, still better when it is cold and it was pretty cold out there tonight once it got dark. Big improvement in a couple days that wind must have really helped...hopefully we don't get any snow this week.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 05Willys
    I assume Long-shorthorn is a disaster still...
    Rode Belcher's up too Sawmill and down Longhorn today. Belcher is good until the junction with sawmill. Sawmill is good until the ranger's house. A lot of snow afterwards, but it's a short walk to the parking lot. Longhorn is good (no snow) all the way down to the short uphill part leading the Whippltree jct. Whippletree is icy but good (will be a mud fest if the temp goes up)

Chronic 1st-timer
    That settles it.
    I'm gonna try out this mountain biking fad & head up to GM tomorrow after work.
    Les grimpées, je m'en fou!

My cup runneth over
    Ran GM yesterday and rode it early this evening (Monday). No mud on the loops I did on the south side. Even the saddle at the top was good to go. Probably want to stay off north aspects.

mtbr member
    Good news,

Greenmountain and zorro are ready. A little icy on Hayden towards the top, but everything else is completely. No mud, not frozen. 98% dry.

Now go have fun.

Zorro is 100% dry.

Erik

hehe ...you said "member"
    Better news-
    Mary Jane had plenty of powder in the trees/glades today and we've got more storms lining up...
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast