mtbr member

great XC ride near Vail, CO

Hi,

I am in Vail through tomorrow and have ridden up the gondola and hit many of those runs, and even made my way to the backside and the 2 elk area and down into Minturn.

Wondering if there is a really nice couple hour XC ride with big views and new scenery for tomorrow morning.

I don't mind if I have to drive a ways to get there. I just feel like I want to get out of this specific valley for my last ride.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Drive down to Eagle and hit up the trail system there.....

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Plenty of great riding in Vail. Buffer Creek - Son of Middle creek is a nice loop. Lost lake is a good one. Meadow Mtn is nice.

Eagle will be hot and with the lack of rain, very dusty.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    You could pick up the Colorado Trail in Copper Mountain. The trail can be accessed by the Kokomo lift. Do it as an out-n-back or ride the Copper triangle. Copper to leadville, mostly on the CO trl, then back over the divide on a 4x4 road then drops back to the bike path a few miles from copper.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Virgil View Post
    You could pick up the Colorado Trail in Copper Mountain. The trail can be accessed by the Kokomo lift. Do it as an out-n-back or ride the Copper triangle. Copper to leadville, mostly on the CO trl, then back over the divide on a 4x4 road then drops back to the bike path a few miles from copper.
    Copper to Leadville is more than a couple hour ride.

Copper to Searle and back is about 2..5 hours depending on your pace and where you pick up the CT at Copper.

Goat of Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRM
    Meadow Mtn is Nice
    I believe the Meadow Mtn climb opened June 15th but the descent down Whiskey Creek doesn't open until July 1st if my map is still correct.