Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    cheeseburger in paradise

Good job! Grand Opening of the Spring Canyon Bike Park

The Grand Opening celebration is this Saturday, October27.

Ripstoke will be on hand to do some shows in the new trials/skills park (http://www.ripstoke.com/shows/). If you're not down at the velo swap, come check it out! I'll post up some pics soon of the trials park.

Details:::

Spring Canyon Community Park featuring Inspiration Playground Grand Opening Celebration

stAfter 20 months of construction, Spring Canyon Community Park will officially open to the public on October 27. To mark the occasion, the City of Fort Collins is inviting the community to a Grand Opening celebration on
    October 27 from 10 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Festivities include:
    • Free food provided by Qdoba and Whole Foods and beverages donated by Coca Cola
    • Live music from the Poudre River Irregulars, a bike library (including adaptive bikes), mountain bike demonstrations, and guided hikes
    • Kids activities including storytelling, face painting, a balloon artist, and more
    • Grand Opening Ceremony and Ribbon Cutting beginning at 11:00 a.m.
    Plus, the Colorado Eagles Hockey Team, Colorado Eagles Mascot, Slapshot, and the Eagle Chicks will be at the event to celebrate the opening of Inspiration Playground, Colorado’s first universally accessible playground.

Inspiration Playground, which is located on the east side of the park, has been a labor of love for northern Colorado since the concept was first introduced four years ago. The community came together to build the $1.35 million playground featuring universal equipment that will enable children of all abilities, including those with developmental, sensory and mobility disabilities, to play side-by-side without barriers.

In addition to Inspiration Playground, the Spring Canyon Community Park also features such unique elements as:
    • Fort Collins’s largest dog park and the only off-leash area with a lake
    • A bike trials, freeride course for endless mountain biking fun
    • Fort Collins’ largest multi-purpose green grass space
    These features, coupled with easy access to Cottonwood Glen Neighborhood Park and Pine Ridge Natural Area, make this Spring Canyon Community Park truly unique.

Spring Canyon Community Park boasts 100 acres, and is Fort Collins’ second largest park. It plays a key role in connecting Fort Collins’ hard surface trail system as this is where Spring Creek Trail and Fossil Creek Trail connect. There are parking lots at either end of Spring Canyon Community Park; on the north side of the park at Overland Trail and the south end at Horsetooth Road.
    Last edited by bluchris; 10-22-2007 at 10:11 PM.
    singlecrack

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bluchris
    The Grand Opening celebration is this Saturday, October27.

Ripstoke will be on hand to do some shows in the new trials/skills park (http://www.ripstoke.com/shows/). If you're not down at the velo swap, come check it out! I'll post up some pics soon of the trials park.

Details:::

Spring Canyon Community Park featuring Inspiration Playground Grand Opening Celebration

stAfter 20 months of construction, Spring Canyon Community Park will officially open to the public on October 27. To mark the occasion, the City of Fort Collins is inviting the community to a Grand Opening celebration on
    October 27 from 10 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Festivities include:
    • Free food provided by Qdoba and Whole Foods and beverages donated by Coca Cola
    • Live music from the Poudre River Irregulars, a bike library (including adaptive bikes), mountain bike demonstrations, and guided hikes
    • Kids activities including storytelling, face painting, a balloon artist, and more
    • Grand Opening Ceremony and Ribbon Cutting beginning at 11:00 a.m.
    Plus, the Colorado Eagles Hockey Team, Colorado Eagles Mascot, Slapshot, and the Eagle Chicks will be at the event to celebrate the opening of Inspiration Playground, Colorado’s first universally accessible playground.

Inspiration Playground, which is located on the east side of the park, has been a labor of love for northern Colorado since the concept was first introduced four years ago. The community came together to build the $1.35 million playground featuring universal equipment that will enable children of all abilities, including those with developmental, sensory and mobility disabilities, to play side-by-side without barriers.

In addition to Inspiration Playground, the Spring Canyon Community Park also features such unique elements as:
    • Fort Collins’s largest dog park and the only off-leash area with a lake
    • A bike trials, freeride course for endless mountain biking fun
    • Fort Collins’ largest multi-purpose green grass space
    These features, coupled with easy access to Cottonwood Glen Neighborhood Park and Pine Ridge Natural Area, make this Spring Canyon Community Park truly unique.

Spring Canyon Community Park boasts 100 acres, and is Fort Collins’ second largest park. It plays a key role in connecting Fort Collins’ hard surface trail system as this is where Spring Creek Trail and Fossil Creek Trail connect. There are parking lots at either end of Spring Canyon Community Park; on the north side of the park at Overland Trail and the south end at Horsetooth Road.
    does this park accomodate the DH crowd by supplying sufficient GNAR for them to get their shred on??
    also, will transportation (ie: shuttling) be made available inside the park??

cheeseburger in paradise
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsalty
    does this park accomodate the DH crowd by supplying sufficient GNAR for them to get their shred on??
    the GNAR meter will be turned past 11.

Sorry though, no shuttling trials features. Not exactly sure how one would do that.
    singlecrack

abnormally aspirated
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsalty
    i'm under the impression it is more of a skills area than anything else. someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

think more of a neighborhood park as opposed to a state park.

cheeseburger in paradise
    Quote Originally Posted by brettf
    i'm under the impression it is more of a skills area than anything else. someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

think more of a neighborhood park as opposed to a state park.
    i'm under the impression that Mr. Salty is being funny, which is completely unacceptable on a Monday morning. Er, that was me attempting to be funny too.

You are correct though. This is in fact a skills/trials park. The terrain progresses from easy to supper GNAR!
    singlecrack

abnormally aspirated
    Jun 2005
    ahh... my humor detector goes offline every monday. my sarcasm meter is also on the fritz...

anyway, sounds like a cool park. i miss fort collins. may have to move back up there one of these years...

Thread Terrorist
    Where is this park located?

cheeseburger in paradise
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    Where is this park located?
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...UTF8&z=12&om=1

Again, I'll try to get some pics up tonight of the park features.
    singlecrack

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Here are a couple photos from the construction process.

I don't have any photos of the completed project.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Nice, looks like it could be fun.

feel the Force
    i'm under the impression that Mr. Salty is being funny, which is completely unacceptable on a Monday morning. Er, that was me attempting to be funny too.

You are correct though. This is in fact a skills/trials park. The terrain progresses from easy to supper GNAR!
    Supper GNAR? Is that edible? How about breakfast, or lunch?

cheeseburger in paradise
    Some pics from after the construction but before the cleanup/weeding...

singlecrack

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Can I get a spot!

Looks like fantastic fun!

Biker Beau

Absolutely *beautiful* skills park

Wow...travelling from the Springs up to Veloswap, unfortunately won't be able to make it to the Grand Opening but best wishes for stellar weather and a wonderrful day.

What a great park, can't wait to get up there and try out a few of the obstacles. I could use all the skill I can get

Allen

..ouch
    After 20 months of construction, Spring Canyon Community Park will officially open to the public on October 27. To mark the occasion, the City of Fort Collins is inviting the community to a Grand Opening celebration on
    October 27 from 10 a.m. 1:00 p.m. Festivities include:
    So after 1pm will this be open to public riding on Sat? Between this and snow up in the high counry I think I just found a good excuse to make the drive to Ft Collins.

cheeseburger in paradise
    Quote Originally Posted by thump
    So after 1pm will this be open to public riding on Sat? Between this and snow up in the high counry I think I just found a good excuse to make the drive to Ft Collins.
    Yep, I believe that's the deal. Ripstoke will be doing trials/skills shows in the park until 1pm, but I think it's open to the public after that.
    singlecrack

Thunder Chunky
    looks pretty sweet...dont think ill be able to make it to the grand opening but I'll have to try and make it up there sometime.
    Purple Popcorn

Oh, So Interesting!
    Nice Park!

I need all the help with wooden bridges I can get...

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

mtbr member
    Wow, looks great!

I'll be there for sure.
    TWEEK'D GEAR
    Earth Friendly Riding Apparel
    www.tweekdgear.com

..ouch
    Yep, I believe that's the deal. Ripstoke will be doing trials/skills shows in the park until 1pm, but I think it's open to the public after that.
    Nice.. I'll try to make it up sometime this weekend.. If you see a guy crashing into things on a silver Uzzi, say hello.

RYD W/ FLO
    Mar 2007
    Oh man! This place looks like a lot of fun. Gotta girlfriend that is just getting into the riding thing and can't wait to take her to the new Spring Canyon Gnar Park! Need to get me a trials bike!

addict

Sick!!

Just rode by and checked it out. It looks sick! I had no idea that was even going on. Big ups to whoever was involved in this project.

cheeseburger in paradise
    Some vids of RipStokes trials demo...

singlecrack

cheeseburger in paradise
    singlecrack

cheeseburger in paradise
    singlecrack

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast