mtbr member

Got an extra disc rear wheel to lend?

So, this is a big request of the FR MTBR community.....

I have a buddy visiting from back East and he broke his rear disc DT hub (paws and ratchet).... we're trying to figure out how we can get his bike up and running for one final ride on Friday..... One ride only.

Not sure how I can get a wheel, but I figured I'd ask.... I'm honest and this is no scam... just a request...

Thanks.

Ps - I'm in Longmont.......

single track ****

I'll loan ya one

I'm in Windsor, but have a spare back wheel(I'm assuming u want a 26"?) at Texas Lew's place in Loveland I'ld loan ya. I was contemplating doing a rd ride over there this eve., and could meet you, or maybe you could swing to Loveland tomorrow or fri to get it? I'm off work in 30 min, and prob leaving for rd ride about 8:30. holler if u need it- Miguel

mtbr member

Hey Migz!

That's an awesome offer! thanks! And yes, 26" rear disc wheel is what we need...

This might be a little complicated, but If we do this, we'd have to arrange for a Friday mid day pick up in Loveland... lemme get back to you tomorrow. He currently riding (well not so much right now) in South Dakato, but coming back to Boulder Friday mid-day. He doesn't know I'm looking for for a wheel for him and I just want to make sure he still wants to ride....

Thanks.

single track ****

No problem

let me know tomorrow if you need it, and I'll have Lew take it to work w/ him Fri., so you can pickup in Loveland. He works at Rocky Mountain Cyclery, and I'm not sure of exact address, but I suspect it's on the web site rockymountaincyclery.com. The # there is 669-2361.

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by yogidave
    So, this is a big request of the FR MTBR community.....

I have a buddy visiting from back East and he broke his rear disc DT hub (paws and ratchet).... we're trying to figure out how we can get his bike up and running for one final ride on Friday..... One ride only.

Not sure how I can get a wheel, but I figured I'd ask.... I'm honest and this is no scam... just a request...

Thanks.

Ps - I'm in Longmont.......
    Hi Yogidave. I can help you out as well if you want to come over to Lyons. I've got a couple on demo bikes I can spare.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member

Awesome...

Lyons is very doable.... I work 10 minutes from your place...

Once I touch base with him later today, I'll give you a call at the shop (after 1pm)..... I might even just take them to Hall Friday afternoon so we don't have to drive, drive ,drive.....

Thanks so much for the offer.

PS - I'll supply the 6" rotor if need be....

mtbr member
    I have one, I am in north Boulder. It's a super heavy Ryno Lite and Deore hub, I bought it in CB for that very reason, my rear exploded and I absolutely had to ride. It has no rotor on it. PM me if you want to use it.

skillz to pay billz
    this thread proves that there's hope for humanity

mtbr member

nOOby hit it right on the head!

I was a little nervous about posting this request, but in just over 12 hours, 3 of you (+ a dude I work with) proved me wrong and have restored my faith in Community. I'm sure I will be buying SOMEONE a 6-pk of Dale's or Lefthand!

..ouch
    Sounds like you may already have it handled, but I've got a spare from the stable I could lend. 135mm QR, 9 speed XT cassette with a hayes 6" rotor currently on it. It's a bit on the heavier side (sun mammoth rim, 14g spokes) but could handle some abuse w/o worries. PM if needed, it's up in Ned.

Ride, Rinse, Repeat

Done

Since I work with Yogi, dropped off my spare for him this AM, they are covered for the "last ride" today.

it's SO nice to witness the generosity of all the folks on the board here to help someone they don't know, and pretty much blindly lend out wheels. perks up your day!

mtbr member

Wink Oh! the Humanity....

Thanks to DaleTR to making this easy....... We'll be riding at Hall at around 1:30-2PM today, thanks to you....

So, this was very interesting.... espesially how quickly I got responses from people that don't even know me (well, at least the "real" me)....

There is a lesson in here somewhere..........

I hope I have the chance to "pay it forward" to one of you some day...