Shread Ready

Gopro Hero 3 silver footage from this season at the resorts

I bought a gopro to do some filming this season. My first day was at Angelfire back in May. I got used to some of the mounts and how to get some decent footage out at Anglefire. I used to set my digital camera up and hit features but that required a lot of effort when riding alone. I still like my old videos from a stand alone 3rd person perspective but having a gopro hero 3 silver edition makes filming a lot easier! I was hoping to integrate first and 3rd person perspectives into my videos but didn't get a chance to get any footage with both perspectives.

I tried to keep my videos short to keep them interesting and I think I came out with some pretty decent footage. I didn't put any music in any of my videos due to copyright issues. I ended up figuring out the best way to film and edit my videos my last day at Trestle. On my last day @ Trestle I decided to rent a Specialized Demo 8 I. The bike was beat to crap but it made hitting the bigger jumps a bit easier even though the bike weighed a ton. I'm hoping to eventually get a dedicated downhill bike but my 05 Kona Dawg Deelux is still pretty solid for riding downhill. I put some really beefy tires and some stout rims on for DH which really helps.

I realized that filming in 720p at 60fps caused some of my videos to not come out as good as I wanted after editing them and converting them using my editing software. I finally got the editing process dialed in and figured out the best way to film and convert to keep the quality up after putting it on the web. I found that using 1080p at 30fps and using a certain encoding method made my videos come out cleaner after posting them on the web.

I also tried to change up the mounts/perspectives quite a bit since I was riding a lot of the same features at Trestle. I really wanted to get back to Keystone before the season ended since I only had one day there! I would have liked to hit jamrock jump better @ Key than the day I filmed which was my first day out at the resorts in Colorado. I'm also bummed I didn't hit Sol Vista this season but not sure how it was there? I still might try to head back to Anglefire for another session but overall I had a good season.

Anyway, here's a few of my videos from this season. Stoked to watch RedBull Rampage this Sunday!!!

Video from last day @ Trestle on the Demo 8 I bike:

Trestle Bike Park Sept 19th 2k13 from C More on Vimeo.

My only day at Key this season:

Kestone 6/21/13 Session from C More on Vimeo.

Some filming I did while the CFF was going down @ Trestle:

Trestle Bike Park 2K13 from C More on Vimeo.

Dialed in a nice air at Ute Valley the other day:

utevalleyair 9/30/13 from C More on Vimeo.

You can check out some of my other videos on my Vimeo site if interested.

~Ride On~

mtbr member
    " I finally got the editing process dialed in and figured out the best way to film and convert to keep the quality up after putting it on the web. I found that using 1080p at 30fps and using a certain encoding method made my videos come out cleaner after posting them on the web. "

what encoding method?

Shread Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfroggy View Post
    " I finally got the editing process dialed in and figured out the best way to film and convert to keep the quality up after putting it on the web. I found that using 1080p at 30fps and using a certain encoding method made my videos come out cleaner after posting them on the web. "

what encoding method?
    Took me a while to notice it but it's called BD. I use cyberlink director. The BD is under MPEG2 encoding 1980x1080. Definitely the best one I found in this program. That's how my top Video was encoded.

Chronic 1st-timer
    Good stuff!
    Next June's tooooo far away.
    Les grimpées, je m'en fou!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Awesome videos

Shread Ready
    Thanks for the props guys! I was pretty stoked with the footage and now I"m used to the various mounts for next season.

mtbr member
    where's that line at Ute Valley?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Thanks for sharing....great videos and editing.

Shread Ready
    Thx chillin21. andrewnielson, that jump is on the far south back side of Ute. It's by the Golden hills road side. It's right before you drop down to some awesome single track with a lot of rocks. You just go on top of a little hill and someone built a bunch of awesome jumps! Their is another nice gap jump I'd like to hit.