nice marmot.

Goodbye Commute!

I'd like to take this opportunity to wave farewell to my daily commute of 18 miles each way from Congress Park to Broomfield, CO. As much as I loved sitting in traffic on US-36 westbound, I had to make a change. This Friday will be my last day on said commute, which will be replaced by a new commute of 11 blocks from Congress Park to Cherry Creek, on a bicycle. I'll always cherish the good times (especially after snow storms).

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Congrats! I got rid of my commute by quitting my job.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    That is awsome. Up untill last year I have never had to commute far to work. Now i grumble and curse my way every morning through 470 to 25 to 225, and back after. God, how it sucks! My last job i worked at for 11 years, while only living 4 blocks away. I rode my bike every day, never had to deal with parking, etc..

Cheers to you and your good fortune!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Well done. Years back before I moved to Denver, I did the trek from Superior to the Tech Center and back every day. Soild hour+ each way. Such a waste of time and gas. Now I make the commute in PJ's to my home office and work from there. Much less stress and lunch time rides.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    i hate commuting... even though mine is only 10 miles each way i just got a house under contract in Golden so i won't have to commute to work or to ride.. just hope it all goes through like planned..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin