mtbr member

Good sites to find rental Homes around here ?

We have been looking to buy a House the last few months and have the Down payment for it but my wife is not sure now if we are staying or moving back to TX in the next year, so my Apt Lease is up in 4 months and we want to rent a house on the NW side of the city
    ( Broomfield,Westminster) or even more north ! I have been looking at craigslist but not sure how much to trust this !

Any links would be helpful !
    My new Quote is "don't let friends ride old bikes on DH Trails "

mtbr member
    I have no idea how useful or accurate it is, but Zillow.com has a search function for rental properties.

Motion activated
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

mtbr member
    I get the most hits when posting on #1 zillow #2 trulia #3 hotpads.com #4 CL

Paste eater
    The rental market around here is crazy competitive right now. Best way to get an apt seems to b through friends right now. :/

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by YETI_Chris View Post
    We have been looking to buy a House the last few months and have the Down payment for it but my wife is not sure now if we are staying or moving back to TX in the next year, so my Apt Lease is up in 4 months and we want to rent a house on the NW side of the city
    ( Broomfield,Westminster) or even more north ! I have been looking at craigslist but not sure how much to trust this !

Any links would be helpful !
    Prepare for sticker shock. Housing values and rent in the NW quadrant are going crazy. There hasn't been anything like this since before 9/11, IMHO.

It is actually probably easier to find a rental than to buy right now if you are looking at houses under $250,000. A friend of mine wants to move here and spent a week looking at houses in the NW in that price range. There were literally bidding wars going on at every house that wasn't a bombed out shell.

mtbr member
    Thanks Zillow works Wicket ! Steve71 That is App is awesome Love it ,hungryhead Oh I forgot hotpads Thanks !

honkinunit Yea i know we have been looking the last few months and its crazy ! when my wife was cool and was 100% of staying we did bid on on a few homes but got out bid on them so now my wife is 2nd thinking of staying here now, we can buy a 4/3 home in our old town in Pearland Tx for 225.000 ! but the Heat and humidity is the main factor of why not to move back
    My new Quote is "don't let friends ride old bikes on DH Trails "

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'm looking to rent a home right now as well. I've had the most luck using CL, however the biggest problem I find is that most people put their places up for rent a week before they want someone to move in, which makes it hard to not resign a lease without having something ready to go. Other problems I've had are that when a landlord shows a house, multiple people show up to view it and potentially rent it. I've been in bidding wars on renting and also had to race people to leasing offices. Its pretty rough right now, but what can you do. Oh yea and if you have a dog, that narrows your choices by probably half.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    delete