View Poll Results: Are you better than me?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm better.

    15 71.43%
  • No, you're better.

    6 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nitecrwlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    293

    Cool-blue Rhythm Good enough to race? - Dakota Ridge

    ...

    Untitled from Chris A on Vimeo.

    Last edited by nitecrwlr; 05-27-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: added video

  2. #2
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,119
    You rule. The no gloves convinced me.

    PS: I do dig the tone of the video. Very surreal. The tones are cool and drug-like, perfect for a pre-view before a RedRocks Concert.
    Last edited by lidarman; 05-26-2011 at 10:39 PM.

  3. #3
    "Oldfart from Wayback"
    Reputation: onbelaydave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Huh, what ?

    Sorry, fell asleep trying to watch your vid.

    You also left out "Who Cares" as a poll response.

  4. #4
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: coldsteele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,287
    I'm not sure why you are asking if you 'should' race. If you want to, sign up and race. If you have been riding less than a couple of years go cat 3. Otherwise enter in cat 2 and find out where you stand at the end.
    Team MOJO Wheels.

  5. #5
    Slopestyle Rider
    Reputation: joelalamo45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,452
    I didn't watch the vid and I say you should race... events like races are fun if you don't take yourself too seriously, plus it gives you something to look forward to and maybe up your training a bit. Do it.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    461
    I don't know, I couldn't stop looking at your overly long front brake hose, and I kept thinking "why did he screw up a perfectly good Metallica song".

    I say go for the race, but don't make any more videos...

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    94
    I didn't watch the video, but you should race. Skip the beginner classes and go as far up the food chain as possible. Either you'll have a great day and a much more inflated ego, or a very humbling experience. Regardless, enjoy it.

  8. #8
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,495
    No "bacon" poll option?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,499
    Bunch of mean MFs! Youz flamed the guy enough for him to pull the video...? I love you guys
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nitecrwlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Bunch of mean MFs! Youz flamed the guy enough for him to pull the video...? I love you guys
    I pulled it because I got the answer I was looking for. It's about having fun right? Didn't want to hear all the kids making vague criticisms all day.

    Thanks to lidarman, coldsteele, joelalamo45 and dlcrow for providing constructive feedback.

  11. #11
    not actually bad :)
    Reputation: bad_andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,590
    And nitecrwler continues his impressive streak of a-w-e-s-o-m-e threads. Shoulda watched it while I had a chance.
    I went ahead and gave you the benefit of the doubt of being faster than me without even watching it though!
    Put it back up - I wanna see!

    I have never raced, but don't think there's an "Am I good enough" category. Only the "do I want to race?" and the answer being "yes" category, then race!! (and have fun doing it).
    Old Codger

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nitecrwlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy! View Post
    And nitecrwler continues his impressive streak of a-w-e-s-o-m-e threads. Shoulda watched it while I had a chance.
    I went ahead and gave you the benefit of the doubt of being faster than me without even watching it though!
    Put it back up - I wanna see!

    I have never raced, but don't think there's an "Am I good enough" category. Only the "do I want to race?" and the answer being "yes" category, then race!! (and have fun doing it).
    I guess my question should have been, "Am I good enough to podium?" Video isn't entertaining to anyone but those that have ridden Dakota Ridge or have bad taste in music. I'll send it via PM.

  13. #13
    Light freak
    Reputation: scar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,406

    The joke is on us....

    Now I know you are not for real!

    Originally posted by nitecrwlr
    Thanks to lidarman, coldsteele, joelalamo45 and dlcrow for providing constructive feedback.





    ****

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nitecrwlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    Now I know you are not for real!








    ****
    Please explain.

  15. #15
    Light freak
    Reputation: scar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,406
    I have never heard lidarman and constructive critism be used in the same sentence before.


    Maybe you just meant to say thanks to lidarman for editing his constructive feedback.



    ***

  16. #16
    Yappy little dog!
    Reputation: schnauzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,881
    Wow! This place is getting about as petty as F88me.

    Seriously, we all make less than perfect videos. Sometimes they come out good, sometimes they are awful. In the long run it is how they appeal to you personally. When I started making videos, it was to document my adventures and progress. This is still the reason I do it. I put them up because I am happy with what I do. Criticism can hurt, but in the long run it's what makes us better. Put the video back up and suck it up.

  17. #17
    not actually bad :)
    Reputation: bad_andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,590
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Put the video back up and suck it up.
    Old Codger

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    207
    can I change my vote?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nitecrwlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    293

    No good

    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Wow! This place is getting about as petty as F88me.

    Seriously, we all make less than perfect videos. Sometimes they come out good, sometimes they are awful. In the long run it is how they appeal to you personally. When I started making videos, it was to document my adventures and progress. This is still the reason I do it. I put them up because I am happy with what I do. Criticism can hurt, but in the long run it's what makes us better. Put the video back up and suck it up.
    ...
    Last edited by nitecrwlr; 05-27-2011 at 08:30 PM.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,499
    Quote Originally Posted by nitecrwlr View Post
    ...the comments started moving into the gutter.
    What's wrong w/ the gutter?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  21. #21
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    What's wrong w/ the gutter?
    Yeah. What's wrong with it? Most of my friends hang out there.

  22. #22
    Chronic 1st-timer
    Reputation: lubes17319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,124
    How's my form?
    Constructive criticism, please.
    Les grimpées, je m'en fou!

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SylentK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    878
    The internet sure is a tough place to ride.

    Yes I poached that from someone else on another forum.


    Dood, just go race. If you get your ass handed to you, then ride/train more. If you win, upgrade your category and ride/train more. Either way you ride/train more. Its a win-win situation. Duh winning tiger blood oh no he didn't blah
    Biker? I don't even know her.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nitecrwlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by SylentK View Post
    The internet sure is a tough place to ride.

    Yes I poached that from someone else on another forum.


    Dood, just go race. If you get your ass handed to you, then ride/train more. If you win, upgrade your category and ride/train more. Either way you ride/train more. Its a win-win situation. Duh winning tiger blood oh no he didn't blah
    Nice line. Like it!

  25. #25
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: coldsteele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by lubes17319 View Post
    How's my form?
    Constructive criticism, please.
    I am soo much better at changing tires than you are.
    Team MOJO Wheels.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •