a dad
    Jan 2004

Golden and vicinity neighborhoods..

Yes, I could have read old threads, but wanted a new one with up to date info..

I live in Denver and hoping to move to the Golden area.. time frame is sort of unknown, however, I want to start looking at neighborhoods.

What I am looking for.. of course this is idealistic, but gotta start somewhere..

Preferably Golden..
    Looking for other mtn bikers
    Kids..I have 2, 1/2 time, 6 and 9, would love to have people close by with kids
    Somewhat quiet..
    Friendly neighbors of all kinds
    Around my age? 41

Where do you suggest?
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Golden

Downtown area is really nice, I assume expensive. Tho many houses are small so maybe that lowers the price. I work in Golden, don't live there but I have to say I like it a lot. I would definitely live in Golden if you can do it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm gonna make you read some old posts (just a couple of months).

Moving to CO, need advice on good location

There's lots of Golden discussion in that whole thing, but page 6 has the latest. Feel free to follow up with specific questoins for some of us Golden-ers(?) Golden-ites?

Edited: page 6 on the "where to live" thread.
    Last edited by Scrambler; 06-30-2010 at 04:44 PM.

not actually bad :)
    There's a 2br 1 ba 700 sqft + 200 sqft studio for sale on Cheyenne close to the high school.
    Better hurry - it's a mere $305k.
    Golden is one of the only places that wasn't affected too much/at all house-price-wise by the recession.
    Great place to be though.

Edit - to actually answer your question the neighborhoods at the base of Apex are all kid and mtb friendly. As well as Mountain Ridge (NW corner of 58 and 93).
    Old Codger